1.    #1  
    You just need to simply fill in your email address to register for a 10 days trial version of Sprite Backup.

Here is the link.

http://www.spritesoftware.com/sprite-backup-free-trial
    Treo 700w(x) users get a free, non-trial version of Sprite Backup (though I don't know if that applies to 750 users as well... you can always try with your serial number though: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...up/index.html).
    Is Sprite better than Spb Backup? I'm on the trial version of Spb Backup and I like it, but free is good.
    I use the free version of Sprite that came with my 700wx and have had no issues backing up or restoring. It's saved me on more than one occasion. I believe some have had issues, but not me.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Well, I used Sprite for a few months before I purchased SPB Backup. They both have encrypted , self-executing, and scheduled backups, etc. Sprite has a more attractive interface, can include comments about your backup within the actual file (to be displayed in the restore portion), and others. But if you use a simple security PIN that some Exchange servers require you utilize on your phone, Sprite will be stuck at the enter PIN screen after rebooting from an automatic backup. SPB has a way to bypass/enter the PIN and has some better selective backup options. Also, I think SPB is a little leaner.

In the end, they both accomplish the same thing. It's really personal preference. I can't even really tell you why I chose SPB over Sprite for my current use...
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I use the free version of Sprite that came with my 700wx and have had no issues backing up or restoring. It's saved me on more than one occasion. I believe some have had issues, but not me.
    I tried the Sprite version that came with my 700wx and couldn't get it to work. I have more than 2,000 contacts in Outlook, and the program would just hang whenever I tried a backup. I had read another post somewhere on TC from someone who had the same experience. Several emails with Sprite tech support couldn't resolve the problem, so I'm using SPB and have been very happy with it. YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrider View Post
    I tried the Sprite version that came with my 700wx and couldn't get it to work. I have more than 2,000 contacts in Outlook, and the program would just hang whenever I tried a backup. I had read another post somewhere on TC from someone who had the same experience. Several emails with Sprite tech support couldn't resolve the problem, so I'm using SPB and have been very happy with it. YMMV.
    Well I downloaded Sprite so I will give it a shot. I also have more than 2,000 contacts in Outlook. If Sprite barfs I'll go back to Spb Backup, which I must say worked flawlessly in the trial period.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Well I downloaded Sprite so I will give it a shot. I also have more than 2,000 contacts in Outlook. If Sprite barfs I'll go back to Spb Backup, which I must say worked flawlessly in the trial period.
    Well, you never try , you never know. I had more than that and have images with my contacts. It never hangs on me. treo 750 Sprite Backup 5.1,1447. 2G mini SD.