Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I can download and read email perfectly fine, but as of today whenever I send email, I get this message:

"Messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your e-mail account settings are correct. Then, try to download messages again."

My settings are correct... they worked previously. However I re-entered them anyhow and still no go. This is very frustrating, as I need to send those emails out asap.
    Have you checekd your incoming and outgoing server settings?? Try to double check and alos inquire from your network provider if your gonna use their network outgoing settings for email or your email server's settings.....
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Did you try changing your SMTP server to Sprint's? What account is this happening with?
  4.    #4  
    This is Verizon...

I've checked my server settings and they are correct.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Sorry about assuming you had Sprint. What I meant to say anyway is that some ISP don't like you sending e-mail through their SMTP servers from another network so you need to use your provider's SMTP server.

For example, I have RoadRunner and to send e-mail from my WX I need to use Sprint's SMTP server instead of RR's.
  6.    #6  
    Ok... does anyone know what verizon's server address is?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    Ok... does anyone know what verizon's server address is?
    You can check this out: http://dts.vzw.guided.atomz.com/exec...unt_setup.html
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Sorry about assuming you had Sprint. What I meant to say anyway is that some ISP don't like you sending e-mail through their SMTP servers from another network so you need to use your provider's SMTP server.

For example, I have RoadRunner and to send e-mail from my WX I need to use Sprint's SMTP server instead of RR's.
    What's Sprint's SMTP information? I want to set up my adelphia email. Thanks.
  9.    #9  
    That link didn't work.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    For VZW SMTP server (in case the URL doesn't work for you) (I did a cut-and-paste here):

Server Name: smtp.vzwmail.net
    Username: 10-digit mobile number@vzwmail.net (e.g. 9995551212@vzwmail.com)
    Password: Your Single Sign On (SSO) account password

Your Single Sign On (SSO) account password: go to www.vtext.com and set up an account there. The SSO password is the same password in vtext.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Sprint's info

Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Use your Vision username and password.
  12.    #12  
    Hmmm...that's not working either.
  13.    #13  
    I've soft reset twice already and that didn't work either... could verizon be having problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Sprint's info

Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Use your Vision username and password.
    I get email with these settings but can not send. It goes to the Username and password screen after it doesn't send/recieve.
    Did you enable the outgoing Authentication? on step 2 of 3 in the advanced options when setting up an email account there is a check box that says Outgoing mail requires Authentication. Check that box.
  16.    #16  
    Yes I checked that... I've been tweaking around... I even tried it with SSL on and off... still no go. This really sucks.
    I cant recieve any MMS on Verizon's network today, so yea maybe there is an outage somewhere.
  18.    #18  
    Okay, my other accounts work fine. It's only effecting one account. Should I delete that account and create another one?
    I am having the same problems with my alltel 700wx as well. Nothing I did seem to work to fix it. Just chiming in to show it is not verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    Okay, my other accounts work fine. It's only effecting one account. Should I delete that account and create another one?

I thought you already tried this... if not then yes definately.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast