1.    #1  
    I have two Palm Treo 750's. One with an officially implemented HSDPA by Palm and the other without. I would like to extract this ROM/FIrmware or whatever you call it and copy it over to the other one without. Both are same models. Is this ok and how do I do it?
    head over to XDA Developers and look under the Treo 750 forum..... I think there is info on how to extract / copy to the other one.........

once you do figure it out successfully, can you share the officially implemented HSDPA for us?.....

thanks and good luck

ps
    where did u get the officially implemented HSDPA 750?......and its it cingular branded or unbranded?
    Use the instructions here.
    http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...s_HowtoDumpRom

Some notes:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=73

This will get you a dump of the rom, but you won't be able to copy it to the other 750 verbatim. What you should be able to do is find the differences between the roms and transfer the changed files and reg changes over. Once the changes are identified a cab install could be made to make the update.
  4. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cam05 View Post
    I have two Palm Treo 750's. One with an officially implemented HSDPA by Palm and the other without. I would like to extract this ROM/FIrmware or whatever you call it and copy it over to the other one without. Both are same models. Is this ok and how do I do it?
    Can you tell us the difference between OS version and build version? Is the official one still WM5 or is it WM6?
    ---------------------------
    The one and only Treo 750v
    ---------------------------
    Alright,,,,, were all on the edge of our seats here,,,,, cough up the info
  6.    #6  
    Look I really need simple instructions to get this dump because I am a noob

The link to what the other person posted refers to the Hermes
  7.    #7  
    Look I really need simple instructions to get this dump because I am a noob

The link to what the other person posted refers to the Hermes is that still ok for the Treo?
    Where did you get this "official" ROM update?
    Hey hannip,,,, we need you. Go hannnip, Go hannip, Go hannip
    Here are 2 posts by hannip in the 700wx/A2DP thread that should get you going.

Check out this post for the rom dump app
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...9&postcount=38

Here are the instructions for its usage
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=31
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    grab_it didn't work well on the 750 the last time we tried it. That's why I suggested using the Hermes instructions. (Hermes and Treo 750 are close cousins and many Hermes utils work for the 750)

I'm afraid it might be too much for a newbie. First you have to make a registry change using your favorite registry editor such as Resco.

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies
    valuename '00001001' was set to dword:2, change it to dword:1

Then you have to download and install the itsutils package from
    http://nah6.com/~itsme/download/itsutils.zip

1. Unzip the contents of itsutils.zip on c:\itsutils
    2. Connect your Treo 750 to PC using USB cable, and make sure ActiveSync is running and connected.
    3. Open a command prompt on your PC (Start->Run enter cmd.exe)
    4. At the command prompt cd c:\itsutils\build
    5. List the rom partitions using the following command.
    C:\itsutils\build>pdocread.exe -l

You should see a result such as:

Part00 0x31fc00 3199KB
    Part01 0x2e0000 2944KB
    Part02 0x2a80000 43520KB
    Part03 0x4360000

You will be extracting Part00, Part01 and Part02.
    6. Extract the parts
    C:\itsutils\build>pdocread -w -d FLASHDR -p Part00 0 0x31fc00 Part00.raw
    C:\itsutils\build>pdocread -w -d FLASHDR -p Part01 0 0x2e0000 Part01.raw
    C:\itsutils\build>pdocread -w -d FLASHDR -p Part02 0 0x2a8000 Part02.raw

Make sure the hex starting addresses in the above commands match what was listed from step 5 for each partition before executing the commands.

If successful you should have 3 files. Part00.raw, Part01.raw and Part02.raw. Now would be a good time to zip this up and upload to the xda ftp server if you wish to make this available for others to help you.

Ftp it to ftp.xda-developers.com using USERNAME: xdaupload / PASSWORD: xda. If you've never used ftp before let me know and I'll give step by step.

7. The key partition you will be interested in is Part02.raw. It is the imgfs that contains most of the rom files. To extract the files from it you will need to download some more tools.

Dowload imgfs_tools_182.rar from this url and extract to the folder where your Part02.raw file is in.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=249836

Run the following two commands.
    prepare_imgfs.exe Part02.raw -nosplit
    viewimgfs.exe imgfs_raw_data.bin

All of the files will be extracted to a dump folder. Now comes the hard part. You (or We if you make it available) will have to find the files that enable the HSDPA and copy them over to test on the other 750.

Good luck. -Paul
  12.    #12  
    Can I in anyway damage my Treo following these instructions?
    It shouldnt hurt your treo in any way, you are just reading from the ROM, not writing anything to it.
    All I can say is i've done it and several others have with no ill effects. You are not writing to your rom, just reading from it.
    So where did you get this "official" ROM update from?
    I think this thread can be closed...
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    Wow.. Did I call this one or what?
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
  18.    #18  
    Would have been nice if hannip replied to my PMs or e-mails