Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    To whom it may concern,

We are all loyal customers to Palm. We have bought several palm products over the years. We are greatful to Palm for the devices that have come out in the past but now we are having trouble with the simple features on the Treo 700 w and the Treo 700wx that cheaper phones take for granted.

We want to be able to use voice commands and voice dialing over bluetooth. We want to have the threaded SMS built in. We want to have the AD2P that is available for other phones that run Windows Mobile 5. We have other requests but these are some of the most important ones to use. Others may add to this letter as this goes on. We have been patiently waiting for some kind of response from you (Palm) but still we haven't heard anything. We have seen your other devices like the Treo 750 that supports AD2P and the Treo 700 p which has a resolution of 320 x 320. All things that we feel we should have available to us.

We continue to be loyal customers of Palm since we are able to enjoy and utilize the features that we currently have for our work situations and for our life styles. However, we do not like the type of run around that we seem to get when we talk to Palm tech support which passes us off to Verizon or Sprint and then in turn they tell us that we have to go to Palm for that type of help. If you truly care about your loyal customers, why make us feel that you don't truly care about our needs? This has been an issue for a while and luckly we have a few brave souls in our community that truly understand our needs and take the time out of their busy schedule to try to help us with these issue. It would be much better if you as a company would act that way and help us. This is all that we ask. We only want want other phones are able to do. We have given you our hard earned money for they devices and just want to be truly satisfied with your product and help us remain loyal customers.

Sincerely,

Dimitri (TreoCentral Community Member)
    Nice man.
    he we go again you think they might put a patch for the threaded SMS...but the BT I think is a hardware issue....isnt it?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    he we go again you think they might put a patch for the threaded SMS...but the BT I think is a hardware issue....isnt it?
    It probably is but the reason that I have started this is because we need to try to get the attention of Palm and this seems to be the best way to achieve this goal. We need to make sure that this thread doesn't die so that it has a chance to be read by Palm. If anyone wants to add to this please do.
    Good luck. I have a 700wx and installed the bootleg threaded SMS patch and it's fabulous. But Palm ain't gonna give that to you. They don't perceive you as their customer.

If Palm thought you and I were their customers, they would not have discontinued the unlocked color 680s. Unlocked phones are the barometer -- if Palm hands the phone choice to the consumer and not to the phone companies, then we know who they care about.

No, I think you're going to hear dead silence from Palm. And you're going to see lots of threads along the lines of "Goodbye, Treo, Hello Q/iPhone/TyTN/Whatever" and slowly, one at a time, the Treo enthusiasts will walk away with sadness.

Palm may be swinging for the fences with the mythical Hawkins Device. ("Hawkins Device" deserves its own Wikipedia entry). It SHOULD be thinking about bunts, walks, and singles at the moment, while waiting for the Mighty Hawkins Device to get to bat. Because the team might go down before the Mighty Hawkins Device is on deck. Or (geez, can you say Lifedrive?) we the people with the wallets might yawn. Or we might be too stupid to understand the intrinsic brilliance of the Mighty Hawkins Device and we might leave our wallets in our pockets.

You're on point, Dimitri. This is what they SHOULD be doing--treating us right so we'll buy the 780wx and the 800 and the 900 etc. But they won't.

Palm is gone as a publicly traded company in 24 months. They'll be acquired or go private.
    A modified version of this letter should go to Sprint as they are considered Palm's customer. They won't make any changes like this without a push from Sprint.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    It probably is but the reason that I have started this is because we need to try to get the attention of Palm and this seems to be the best way to achieve this goal. We need to make sure that this thread doesn't die so that it has a chance to be read by Palm. If anyone wants to add to this please do.
    I hear you was just a though...I wish they would build them how we want them to be and how makes sense to the rest of the world.
    I love many things about palm and my sprint 700wx. the one thing that will send me to another device is bluetooth dialing. I couldn't belive after buying the 700wx that it didn't do bluetooth dialing. EVERY wm 5.0 devive ever sold does this. in fact many other devices have done this for years. I would have no problems buying microsoft voicecommand 1.6 to get this working. what we find is that vc 1.6 works on every wm 5.0 device except the treo. for thr treo to be such a professional device, I think thay for got one of the most important features.

if I don't see something change before the next sprint pda device with bt dialing comes out (ppc6800) , I will be switching.
    I don't want any of that, yet. All I want is for Palm to deliver what they advertise with this Phone. That is working bluetooth. How many of us have the issue with bluetooth shutting itself off when you go through a no coverage cell area. Everyday at the same point on my commute it happens to me. I then have to manually turn bluetooth back on to make and answer calls. This is a safety issue. How about bluetooth DUN. The Verizon 700wx has it, why does the Sprint unit not have it?

I want Palm to patch this damn thing already. Sticking their heads in the sand both on Sprints and Palms part is going to push me off onto the iPhone or an unlocked HTC variant, NEVER to come back to palm, and that is a big thing for me, since I have been a loyal customer from day one with the Palm brand of devices, owning just about every one since the PalmPilot 1000. I have given this device the college try. It has such great potential, but the bugs are overwhelming the device greatness. Like I said, I dont want what was not advertised, with it originally, like A2DP and other stuff that, really they dont have to give to us, and are not obligated to provide, I just want what they are obligated to provide. Core functionality of this device is flawed and is easily fixed with a software patch, but they Palm/carriers refuse to do it. My mistake for having the gall to purchase the 700wx when it was EOL the day it was released. I should have drunk the cool-ade and waited for the 750, since this seems to be the only device Palm will/wants to support.
    bit_bucket
    How about just making a patch for the basics....
    1-The memory leak...HELL-OOOOO!
    2-The DST "bug" that messes up all your appointment times

Can't believe you shell out $300 plus for a memory leak and unstable data.
    Hey, I love the thing, but why should there be so much effort to just use it and like it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    How about just making a patch for the basics....
    1-The memory leak...HELL-OOOOO!
    2-The DST "bug" that messes up all your appointment times

Can't believe you shell out $300 plus for a memory leak and unstable data.
    Hey, I love the thing, but why should there be so much effort to just use it and like it?
    What memory leak? I never experienced that and do not see it documented elsewhere.

The DST issue is found in Blackberries and all WM devices. MS released a patch. What else is there? You hard-reset so often that you need it in ROM? You don't sync your time with the network?

Working BT seems much more important and actually real.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I had a memory leak before with my 700wx, but it was due to TodayAgenda....the latest beta did fix that issue though.
    These seem to be feature requests not bugs.

Here's some cheese.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post

Here's some cheese.
    Yum, yum. Thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post

Here's some cheese.
    Glad I don't use BT... hate those stupid blue likes sticking out the side of my head.

Nor do I use sms....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    What memory leak? I never experienced that and do not see it documented elsewhere.

The DST issue is found in Blackberries and all WM devices. MS released a patch. What else is there? You hard-reset so often that you need it in ROM? You don't sync your time with the network?

Working BT seems much more important and actually real.
    Sheesh....open and close programs and tell me why there's no memory left after everything is closed. Quite a few reference to this in the 700w.

The "patch"...err...ahhhh..."fixes" all your past data by moving the dates and times...thus creating back data that's all off...but fixing anything you've entered early fo this year. I hate patches that alter data that's not off.

BT is important, but I for one don't like a level od transmitted microwave in my ear that much <oh no...he's one of those> LOL.
    Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Here's the thing about this letter. We need to come together as a community for Palm to actually want to hear us. We may not be the ones that Palm sells to directly but WE ARE THE CONSUMER. Bluetooth is very important to me and many others in this community. I am constantly on my phone for work as an IT Professional traveling for my firm. SMS is also important because it keeps everyone in instant contact without having to call the person. This is my voice to Palm. I am hoping that it will be the community's voice to Palm also. One man can't always change things. Sometimes it take a mob of people to bring about change.
    Is the issue with Bluetooth voice dialing more about being able to do so from a Bluetooth hands free car unit?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Is the issue with Bluetooth voice dialing more about being able to do so from a Bluetooth hands free car unit?
    No, the issue ismore about being able to use voice dialing through any bluetooth device. And hearing the phone command responses through the bluetooth headset.
    FWIW I'd like to see an upgrade to WM6 made available.

VC through a BT headset would also be a great feature that is currently lacking.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast