Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How about the gwes.exe error in internet explorer...(granted that's a Microsoft issue specifically), but it's never happened to me on any other WM5 device other than my 700Wx.
    I have no BT problems, my Logitech headset actually works and sounds better on the 700Wx than on my 700p.
    Voice dialing (BT or otherwise) is not my thing (i stutter/stammer) so it's not a downer for me.
    BT DUN, now that i'm pissed about. Seeing as the VZW 700Wx seems to have it, maybe the usual *robin-hoods* might be able to extract it for us as time goes on.
    Coming from a 700p, the screen res is a bummer, but i'm getting used to it. I looked at other WMobile devices and decided on the 700Wx because it came closest to what I crave most from my 700p, best form factor, one-handed use compared to other WM juggernauts out there, 3G/EVDO...so forth, plus I like Sprint a lot (going on 8yrs now).
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I recently discovered this forum and I am very happy to find out, that I am not the only one with these problems (that's what Bell has been telling me for the last 4 months). The reliability of BT and the non-availability of BT voice dialing (discovered after purchase) have been extremely frustrating to the point where I am about ready to change platform. To me, they are not only non working features but major security issues that warrant an immediate recall. With all the current buzz around cell usage in cars, no decent cell manufacturer should consider releasing a product that does not properly support these features.

Hard to understand why Palm has not yet reacted with adequate solutions to these issues.

Nice initiative, hopefully somebody somewhere will react.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    These seem to be feature requests not bugs.

Here's some cheese.
    Agreed. These "open letters to Palm" are getting a little silly. Of all the Treo's in the world, the 700wx is the one that probably needs it the least.
    I am happy to say that the 700wx does need the least work out of the current Treo line having come from a 600, 650 and 700p. However, I am happy to have someone working to get more on it. The person who has done the most for the 700wx so far has been Hannip with A2DP, threaded SMS, mortscript and more.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    Agreed. These "open letters to Palm" are getting a little silly. Of all the Treo's in the world, the 700wx is the one that probably needs it the least.
    What is the point of these forums then. This is where we can make our voice heard. If not by Palm then by others in the community and that's where people like Hannip and Shadow have given many people what they didn't have.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Let the people be heard!!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Cheers!
    I could not agree more.

While several of the requests in this letter are for features not originally offered on the 700/700wx, these devices should work as advertised!

The Verizon/Palm/Microsoft runaround is ludicrous and all 3 companies should be ashamed of the truly awful way they treat Treo customers.

Even after the “update” our 700w’s are unstable and unreliable.

The 700w should be recalled and replaced by a device that works.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well it has been replaced but not recalled. The VZW Treo 700wx is working great and it now has the A2DP but not vc over bt.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by gibraltar View Post
    Even after the “update” our 700w’s are unstable and unreliable.

The 700w should be recalled and replaced by a device that works.
    There will always be a couple of bugs and some may be real pia problems, but what some ppl refuse to accept is that there has to be a balance between bringing something perfect to market which requires a ton of testing over a long period of time and balancing that with bringing something to market that is modern and offers new technology.

The 700w and 700wx are largely outstanding devices. There may be a few issues but I suspect they work very well for 98% of the ppl they are designed for...and that's not the power user. In my estimation most ppl don't care that they can't listen to blue tooth stereo, use vc over bluetooth, that the memory is severly lacking, that there's a dst bug, etc. They want a device that allows push email, ability to check and/or edit a document, have pim functions, do basic web stuff, and allow them to do basic biz functions out of the office.

The devices are extremely stable until you start adding programs fiddling with the registry, etc.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Couple of thoughts;

1. These letters are pointless. Palm doesnt care.

2. Threats about users not upgrading to the next treo because "palm doesnt care" are also pointless. You will upgrade.

3. Asserting entitlement to 320x320 is completely asinine and IMO single handidly leaves your letter with zero merit.

Any one who has been around here for any length of time has seen these letters come and go, time and time again. They typically reflect the beginning of a new silly season.

I guess it is starting- and it looks like it is going to be a long one this year!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Both Palm and Microsoft appear to have very little interest in the needs of the end user of the Treo 700wx or this would have been fixed a long time ago. I believe the device was, and still is, being misrepresented by Bell Mobility in Canada by not specifically listing its failings and just saying it is "bluetooth capable".

Also, with my current service provider (Bell Mobility and its sub-companies in Yukon) the email is only partially available but I can live with that. I cannot abide by not having Voice Dialing over BT and it seems foolish to have a unit that plays music but can't use BT for stereo.

I for one will be changing to another device as soon as one is available unless Palm or Microsoft deal with the BTs issues. (My Treo 700wx is only two months old)
    Last edited by yukoner; 02/22/2007 at 02:24 PM. Reason: to check being notified of replies
    I agree that asking for 320x320 is unreasonable given that the limitation was clearly stated at launch time. I can understand if what you are really asking for is the option to upgrade to WM6 since the 750 folks will have that ability. After all, I am pretty sure that it could run WM6 and that the screen is 320x320 capable as the 700p's being Palm has stated the hardware being identical. I am just waiting to see if current 750 owners will have to pay an upgrade license fee as they did back when Palm would released OS upgrades.

Nevertheless, I have added this thread to the Palm Support Response Tracker thread. Hopefully it will give you guys some more visibility.

And BTW, anyone who thinks these letters are pointless has not been paying attention the last few months.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    One thing I would like to add is charging over USB...I hate that the 700p charges over USB and the W/WX does not
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Couple of thoughts;

1. These letters are pointless. Palm doesnt care.

2. Threats about users not upgrading to the next treo because "palm doesnt care" are also pointless. You will upgrade.

3. Asserting entitlement to 320x320 is completely asinine and IMO single handidly leaves your letter with zero merit.

Any one who has been around here for any length of time has seen these letters come and go, time and time again. They typically reflect the beginning of a new silly season.

I guess it is starting- and it looks like it is going to be a long one this year!
    1. Posts like this are pointless.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I jsut did this today....if you want to charge over usb...pretty easy for most people on this board

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/modify-usb-s...too-t2367.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mkjellman View Post
    I jsut did this today....if you want to charge over usb...pretty easy for most people on this board

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/modify-usb-s...too-t2367.html
    I am glad you think so.

These things have been going around since the days of the treo 300 and before. I am just speaking historically.

All I am saying is dont hold you breath for palm to swoop in and save us from our defective treos that we have no other choice but to keep.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I agree that asking for 320x320 is unreasonable given that the limitation was clearly stated at launch time. I can understand if what you are really asking for is the option to upgrade to WM6 since the 750 folks will have that ability. After all, I am pretty sure that it could run WM6 and that the screen is 320x320 capable as the 700p's being Palm has stated the hardware being identical. I am just waiting to see if current 750 owners will have to pay an upgrade license fee as they did back when Palm would released OS upgrades.

Nevertheless, I have added this thread to the Palm Support Response Tracker thread. Hopefully it will give you guys some more visibility.

And BTW, anyone who thinks these letters are pointless has not been paying attention the last few months.

What do you mean by your last line? Did I really miss something? Honestly.

The WXs screen is fixed at 240x240- that is a hardware limitation, not software. The 650/680/700p use a different screen.

-Rob
    Palm representitives actually resonded to an open letter not two months ago. So beleive it or not, they are listenting and they are reading these posts. Any company that intends to stay in business wants to understand thier customer. dont be Nieve.
    I have been having ongoing correspondence with Palm's Senior Manager of marketing as a result of that letter regarding our major issues. I have forwarded him details on TC'ers observations on how to recreate and workaround the SMS lockup problem so that their engineers can readily recreate and fix that problem.

Being that I had no such aquaintance at Palm before that said letter, which was written by ME, I would have to conclude that such letters are not pointless.

The only thing that is pointless is making yourself feel better about being a victim by putting down the efforts of those who refuse to be.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Palm representitives actually resonded to an open letter not two months ago. So beleive it or not, they are listenting and they are reading these posts. Any company that intends to stay in business wants to understand thier customer. dont be Nieve.
    LOL, you obviously have very little experience with Palm.

Dont hold your breath.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast