Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    posting this on new WX....sweet!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    did it come with the threaded text messaging app?
    Jimmie Geddes
    If it did come with threaded SMS, does the MMS work through that app? That is the one thing that does not work on the Sprint 700wx with the hacked 750 version.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    also post a pic and it is black as it looks on the website?
    details please.
    Yeah, Robdam. Some details would be cool, please

BTW, I asked in another thread about your signature...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=10
    Can someone post instructions on how to dump the ROM like some did on the 750? That's a step in the right direction for porting over any Verizon 700wx goodies to the Sprint 700wx and Verizon 700w. I found This LINK but it seems a bit complicated for the faint of heart.

A registry dump would be needed as well. You can do a registry dump using Resco export function. Here are the instructions Hannip provided in another thread for the 750. You can do this by installing the Resco registry editor. Start the registry editor and from the root of the registry tree "Edit->Select All" to select the 4 top folders then use the stylus to click and hold and a popup will appear. Select Export, enter a filename and save. Zip up the reg file and upload here.
    Last edited by stroths; 02/20/2007 at 12:22 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Can someone post instructions on how to dump the ROM like some did on the 750? That's a step in the right direction for porting over any Verizon 700wx goodies to the Sprint 700wx and Verizon 700w. I found This LINK but it seems a bit complicated for the faint of heart.

A registry dump would be needed as well. You can do a registry dump using Resco export function. Here are the instructions Hannip provided in another thread for the 750. You can do this by installing the Resco registry editor. Start the registry editor and from the root of the registry tree "Edit->Select All" to select the 4 top folders then use the stylus to click and hold and a popup will appear. Select Export, enter a filename and save. Zip up the reg file and upload here.

Not sure if this is what your looking for but check this post from xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=238945 it might be some good info for you.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post

who's to say there are any "goodies"? i'm betting it's the same thing as the sprint version. no threaded sms app, ect. it has the same aku as well. which in 2007 is just plain weird. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    posting this on new WX....sweet!
    Please go to your device info (START-SETTINGS-ABOUT) and post your info for us. Also give us the OS build if you can. Help put an end to the rumors
    JohnnyMac said he paired his Moto HT820 BT headset with the new wx from verizon he got today and it worked great. His was the only comment confirming this though so who knows if it's legit. (It's in the a2dp thread). He did say no threaded sms or bt dialing though how sad. Well if we can get a2dp I guess that's better than nothing.
    and we can also put in the threaded SMS....but is the thing black like it looks that is what I want to know...everything else I bet is just like that of Sprints wx...
    post #210 and #211 of this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...135622&page=11

says it's aku 2.2. same as the sprint version
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Sorry all, I just got home after a CRAZY day at work. I'm taking pictures and I'll post my initial thoughts in a few. YES IT IS BLACK AND IT WORKS GREAT SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    post #210 and #211 of this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...135622&page=11

says it's aku 2.2. same as the sprint version
    Yeah but I wanted some confirmations..I'm more interested in the firmware numbers anyway...

I expect it to be the same as Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam
    Sorry all, I just got home after a CRAZY day at work. I'm taking pictures and I'll post my initial thoughts in a few. YES IT IS BLACK AND IT WORKS GREAT SO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    woot woot
    Last edited by brvheart; 02/20/2007 at 03:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    OK, so far the phone ROCKS. No burbs, hiccups, slowdowns or CRASHES. WX paired without a hitch to my Moto HS850 BT Headset. 4Smartphone synched flawlessly. I'm installing apps as I type this post. I'll be listing my 700W on eBay later tonight. The money spent is well worth it for me. I could not take another soft reset on the W. Selling it will be like taking my horse to the glue factory. Sigh. I figure it will more than likely be 6 - 9 months at least for VZW to release a WM6 PDA/Phone. By that time, I'll have my NE2 available. The WX will keep me happy until then. I bought the WX in my local Connecticut VZW Store. They had 2 now they only have 1 HA! Sorry the pic's are so blurry; I was/am still in a major rush and I wanted to get these pic's/info posted for everyone. I hope everyone receives their WX's soon!

P.S. I uninstalled my old version of ActiveSync (4.2) and installed 4.5 prior to my initial sync. So far so good!

Last edited by robdam; 02/20/2007 at 02:32 PM.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    so does it have threaded messaging?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

Wow, can it be true??????? Another guy said he called Palm and they said it did not support A2DP.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast