Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    @dihtn

The Sprint 700wx had voice dial via MS Voice Command 1.5, so I am sure the new Verizon model includes this as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    @dihtn

The Sprint 700wx had voice dial via MS Voice Command 1.5, so I am sure the new Verizon model includes this as well.
    Voice Dial via BT or tethered?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Well this is fun. I just activated my new Treo and it won't connect to the internet yet. Anyone having this issue?
    YES!! That happened to me when I picked up my WX yesterday. It took about 1 hour for it to work correctly. The rep at the VZW store actually swapped out phones because we thought WX #1 was a lemon but both WX's would not connect to the internet.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    It probably does through VoiceCommand, but that's from the handset, not over BT.
    Correct Pibe38.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    I bought a treo 700wx at a verizon wireless store last night and I am planning to return it tomorrow.

I waited for a while to get a treo 700wx from verizon wireless for a long time and when I finally got it, there were some issues.

1. The most important is reception. It does not work in either my apartment or my office, where my BB 8703e (also from verizon wireless) works all the time.
    2. The screen is tiny compared to my BB 8703e and so are the keys.
    3. I could not get my yahoo email to work correctly after spending about 5 hours. I kept getting an error message that "SSL connection could not be setup.".

I could get use to issue #2 and find a workaround for issue #3, but with no reception what is the use of a cell phone.
    Well, I bought mine a few minutes ago & am planning to call VZW to activate it (soon).

I figured I would wait a while, but at the retail 619 price, why wait (since its not getting cheaper).
    I wonder if you need a prl update. There is a small chance it could help your reception.
    Just swapped out my 700w for 700wx. Does anyone have a copy of the install CD they would be willing to share. I am particularly interested in the software to enable the phone to be used as a modem. This is a corp. phone and the IT guys confiscated the synching cable and install disks. The cable is easy--not so the disks. Please PM me or advise whether I should PM you. Thanks so much!

Otherwise it is up and running.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by houdini13 View Post
    I wonder if you need a prl update. There is a small chance it could help your reception.
    PRL's do not improve reception. PRL = preferred roaming list. When you update the PRL basically you just have more places to roam from but it has no effect whatsoever on reception.

It may help reception if there's a tower to roam from nearby, but from the poster's information this does not seem to be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    PRL's do not improve reception. PRL = preferred roaming list. When you update the PRL basically you just have more places to roam from but it has no effect whatsoever on reception.

It may help reception if there's a tower to roam from nearby, but from the poster's information this does not seem to be the case.
    I guess I shouldn't have used the word reception? He said his blackberry with verizon works fine at both places meaning it is connecting with nearby towers just fine. Isn't there a chance his blackberry is digital roaming on to nearby towers and his treo just doesn't have the latest roaming list? That is what I was getting at but I'm probably wrong again. Either way it is probably a small chance although I just got a new 220 foot sprint tower in my back yard and I'm sure it would take a prl update for verizon customers to roam on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Voice Dial via BT or tethered?
    So Voice Command is for sure not yet compatible with BT? Great... but it does support audio over BT so atleast we are half way there.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Avatar changed to WX , thanks guy's.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopybird View Post
    Just swapped out my 700w for 700wx. Does anyone have a copy of the install CD they would be willing to share. I am particularly interested in the software to enable the phone to be used as a modem. This is a corp. phone and the IT guys confiscated the synching cable and install disks. The cable is easy--not so the disks. Please PM me or advise whether I should PM you. Thanks so much!

Otherwise it is up and running.

The tethering program comes installed already. Even with a hard reset it is still there. It is part of the default ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Avatar changed to WX , thanks guy's.
    *cough cough* change sig also *cough cough*
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart View Post
    *cough cough* change sig also *cough cough*
    LMAO! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    looks like we all will have to keep stalking you about then roflmao.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    great experence at the verizon store....had me swapped into a WX free of charge in no time...no questions asked!

(although I have bene through 4 700w's which was ample reason for them to make the switch for me!)

loving the new paint on the exterior.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkjellman View Post
    great experence at the verizon store....had me swapped into a WX free of charge in no time...no questions asked!
    PLEASE, more details about the exchange at the store. I'm on my second 700w and just spent 1.5 hours on the phone with level 2 support. I've got some issues they too want me to go to a store to try and replicate. From my dealings with the stores, all replacement devices come from the 800# data support team. How did you get a store to swap a "w" for a "wx"? Was a manager needed for approval?
    Quote Originally Posted by houdini13 View Post
    I guess I shouldn't have used the word reception? He said his blackberry with verizon works fine at both places meaning it is connecting with nearby towers just fine. Isn't there a chance his blackberry is digital roaming on to nearby towers and his treo just doesn't have the latest roaming list? That is what I was getting at but I'm probably wrong again. Either way it is probably a small chance although I just got a new 220 foot sprint tower in my back yard and I'm sure it would take a prl update for verizon customers to roam on it.
    I did update the PRL on the treo, (*228, and *22899)... no help! There might be a chance my treo was defective somehow, but it does work outside. Even though outside the signal strength is weak compared to my blackberry.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345