Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    wow! Is it possible any of the stores have a WX in stock (verizon of course)?
    I called 4 stores in Dallas and noone has any.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Most stores won't have it in stock until Friday or so.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    As of right now only Corp Sales Reps can order this phone. That's what they told me over the phone. Luckly I have a sales rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    As of right now only Corp Sales Reps can order this phone. That's what they told me over the phone. Luckly I have a sales rep.
    I ordered mine last night from Verizon, supposed to have tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Does the VZW Treo 700wx feel heavier to anyone else?
    You can order it on the website.
    Well, more memory right? Usually, more of anything means heavier!
    the added memory shouldn't make it heavier.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well this is fun. I just activated my new Treo and it won't connect to the internet yet. Anyone having this issue?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Just found that the VZW Treo 700wx has it's own tethering program. Still not bluetooth tethering but you can use IRcomm, USB or Serial (Com 1).
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Anyone here get the 700wx without using their NE2 discount? If so, how much did you get it for?
    rom dump anyone? dimitri?
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    the added memory shouldn't make it heavier.
    yeah it really shouldn't affect the weight. Interesting though, because according to Verizon, the 700wx is .4 ounces heavier. Also, slightly more talk time, so it may be a heftier battery.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    According to Palm and Verizon it uses a 1900mah battery apposed to a 1800mah on the 700w... this is probably the reason for the weight increase.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

No, I have the Seido extended battery 2400mAh so it's the exact same weight to me.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Anyone here get the 700wx without using their NE2 discount? If so, how much did you get it for?

I paid $499 for the WX and I got a $100 Mail In Rebate. I'm selling my W on eBay for $299 with extras. So after all is said and done, I will have paid $100 to go from the W to the WX. Well worth it IMO after using the WX for 36 hours. This sucker is sweet! No burbs, hiccups or freezing whatsoever. It just does what it's supposed to and it does it really really well.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Another thing I noticed that I noticed that the VZW-WX has but the W did not have is while "In-Call", you now have the ability to press 1 on-screen button to go to speakerphone. With the W you had to press 2 buttons.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    I paid $499 for the WX and I got a $100 Mail In Rebate. I'm selling my W on eBay for $299 with extras. So after all is said and done, I will have paid $100 to go from the W to the WX. Well worth it IMO after using the WX for 36 hours. This sucker is sweet! No burbs, hiccups or freezing whatsoever. It just does what it's supposed to and it does it really really well.

That seems to be the best deal I can get too (at least until I'm eligible for NE2). When/if you use your NE2 discount, you can get it for $199 ($499 minus $300 in rebates/discounts). It sounds like a worthy upgrade but I'm not sure I want to "waste" my upgrade on a phone that isn't drastically different from my 700w. I'm sure having the extra memory is amazing but I don't really care about ad2p, so I'm not dying for this phone at this point. I may just wait for WM6, 320x320, threaded SMS out of the box, etc. It would be nice if it was a bit thinner and lighter too.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    On the VZW website description of the WX, it says it has voicedial. Is that true?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dihtn View Post
    On the VZW website description of the WX, it says it has voicedial. Is that true?
    It probably does through VoiceCommand, but that's from the handset, not over BT.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast