Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Can someone post instructions on how to dump the ROM like some did on the 750? That's a step in the right direction for porting over any Verizon 700wx goodies to the Sprint 700wx and Verizon 700w. I found This LINK but it seems a bit complicated for the faint of heart.

A registry dump would be needed as well. You can do a registry dump using Resco export function. Here are the instructions Hannip provided in another thread for the 750. You can do this by installing the Resco registry editor. Start the registry editor and from the root of the registry tree "Edit->Select All" to select the 4 top folders then use the stylus to click and hold and a popup will appear. Select Export, enter a filename and save. Zip up the reg file and upload here.
    this is a post from hannip. we will need some one to help us...

will you be the willing participant to help us get a2dp to work on the sprint wx? First thing we will need is a reg dump. Use Resco Registry editor to select the top 4 keys and click and hold and select Export. Upload the file to a post here for our examination.

Then we will want a dump of the rom to get the needed drivers. There is a grab_it tool that can be used to do this.
    Get it from here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=238945

Download grab_it_128_150.exe, rename it to autorun.exe and copy it to a folder called '2577' on an sd card and soft reset. It will dump your rom to a file called dump.bin. Copy this file to your pc, rename it to something like "vzwTreo700wxRom.bin and zip it up.
    Ftp it to ftp.xda-developers.com using USERNAME: xdaupload / PASSWORD: xda.

Once we have our hands on this info it won't be long till we have it working on the other wx's out there
    If Hannip is on the case we're in good hands
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    This thread has been officially HIJACKED
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    If Hannip is on the case we're in good hands
    that's what i'm saying. lol.

we still need someone to do the rom dump and reg copy. no one can do anything until this happens.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    cody:

I just sent you a PM regarding the threaded SMS cab.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    This thread has been officially HIJACKED
    yep lol
    So I'm still confused. Does the Dialing over bluetooth work or not???

Sorry about the new name, forgot original email address I used to sign up before. So I cant reset password.
    Last edited by OHSR; 02/20/2007 at 03:22 PM. Reason: name
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSR View Post
    So I'm still confused. Does the Dialing over bluetooth work or not???
    No, not out of the box anyway.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Im speachless. Blown away. Flabergasted. Looks like im dropping 6 big ones. Oh well, kids 18 years away from college!!
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    No, not out of the box anyway.
    Thank you..
    The VZW reps are now claiming it does (ARE THEY LYING TO GET THE SALE?). So major changes are really just more memory/color/slight bug fixes?

my 700w is less than 30 days, but more than their 15, I'm trying to work with our rep to get the extention in for "BETA" testing for our custom app, then I can get the wx at no charge.
    there not lying... thay just don't know. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    there not lying... thay just don't know. lol
    Actually I talk to 2, and both must be "Trained" to say the same thing. I ask of both, what are the differences? They responded "We have fixed the issue of not having to use the speakerphone to use voice dailing you may now use your bluetooth headset." I wish Voice Signal would release their software for the 700w/wx, it seems to work fine in the 700p.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    what do you all think the chances are that the WX will be able to upgrade to WM6? I don't see why not but palm might not allow it.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by e2chris View Post
    what do you all think the chances are that the WX will be able to upgrade to WM6? I don't see why not but palm might not allow it.
    It's not only Palm, Sprint and Verizon would have to be on board too to make it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSR View Post
    Actually I talk to 2, and both must be "Trained" to say the same thing. I ask of both, what are the differences? They responded "We have fixed the issue of not having to use the speakerphone to use voice dailing you may now use your bluetooth headset." I wish Voice Signal would release their software for the 700w/wx, it seems to work fine in the 700p.
    So there is a chance that the 700 wx from verizon does have bt voice dialing? I sure hope those two reps are correct. In the meantime, I'll be changing my pants.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Thanks for the pictures robdam-it looks great! How is the audio quality of the phone?
    What is this THB kit?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    What is this THB kit?
    A car kit I think.

http://hardware.smartphonetools.treo...s/3-38--61.htm
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    well i've been trying to tell myself that I don't need to get the WX ... my W works 80% of the time

but now that i just saw some pictures, i'm jelous

my question is though, if it is the same AUK as Sprint...can someone who is looking at this that has the phone tell me that it is honestly worth me to update. how often do WX users soft reset there phone. When I had the XV6700 with LOTS of memory, i was soft resetting more than I do now with 32MB of ram

so I guess, could someone with experence with the WX tell me their opinions on it...(hopefully there is someone who had a Verizon W and went to the Sprint WX)

thanks
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast