1.    #1  
    theres all these push email softwares out there, whats the real difference? if i have two earthlink accounts which one can i run both of them off of? all of them have a charge to dl the program but do all charge a monthly fee?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    vgsmail and flexmail are email apps that you can install on your phone to access your email accounts. They are 'alternatives' to Outlook that comes with Windows Mobile. All these programs can handle "Push Emails" if the email provider is on Microsoft Exchange 2003 sp2 or up.

mail2web and 4smartphone are Mircosoft Exchange email account providers. A lot of personal email accounts are POP or IMAP so in order to accomplish "Push" in Windows Mobile, people would sign up with them and have their emails automatically forwarded to them. Once an email reaches the Exchange account, it's "pushed" to your email app of your choice (i.e. Outlook, vgsmail, or flexmail).

I believe Earthlink's email is POP. So you may need to do the above in order to push your emails. Hope it all helps.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    I could be wrong, but I think the price for syncing calendar,task,contacts,and email with mail2web is $1.99 where 4smartphone is 3.99.

one thing to remember is that with either of the above you must have a copy of outlook 2003 and running sp2.

with the 6.99 plan through 4smartphone thay give you a copy of outlook 2003.

I don't think the 3.99 4smartphone account will sync the data with your desktop pc's. I know the 6.99 plan does. I don't think mail2web sync this stuff with the pc at all. I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think the price for syncing calendar,task,contacts,and email with mail2web is $1.99 where 4smartphone is 3.99.

one thing to remember is that with either of the above you must have a copy of outlook 2003 and running sp2.

with the 6.99 plan through 4smartphone thay give you a copy of outlook 2003.

I don't think the 3.99 4smartphone account will sync the data with your desktop pc's. I know the 6.99 plan does. I don't think mail2web sync this stuff with the pc at all. I could be wrong.
    The free mail2web account sync everything, but there is no POP/SMTP access. So you have to logon to their web client in order to send mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

I don't believe you NEED to have a computer running Outlook to use 4smartphone. You can have your email hosted on their server and use a web-based Outlook to read/send email from on a computer.

But the super major benefit to me is using the Professional account from 4smartphone so I can keep my mail, calendar, task, and contacts sync'd with my treo and 3 different computers.

Like cody said, with the Professional account they give a copy of Outlook. Sometime next week it should be Outlook 2007.