1.    #1  
    Let me know what you think of this program. I have a desktop I can leave running for this purpose but I don't have any type of server. My normal computer, laptop, is out of order and I need my emails easily on the go.

Here is the link i forgot

http://www.emoze.com/en/download/Default.aspx
    Last edited by shayes5; 02/20/2007 at 09:53 AM. Reason: added link
    Free Exchange push email service. There are multiple posts about it here if you want more details on what others think who use it. I haven't tried it because I have my own Exchange server, but others here have.

http://services.mail2web.com/FreeSer...ve/default.asp
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I use Mail2web and it works pretty much as advertised. With the Free you only get activesync push access. You need to pay the $2/month to get imap or pop access. If you want (desktop) outlook access, you need the (I think $7) account.
    But for PDA push, I have no complaints. Pretty fast and reliable.
    They had an outage 1 day out of the last 5 months I've been using them.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I've been using the $2.00 a month Mail2Web service for about three weeks and have found them to be the best solution. Having been through several POP and IMAP applications, I found myself wondering why I waited so long to give this a shot. Interestingly enough, my battery life has also improved dramatically since switching to their service, which uses direct push.

DiverGuy

UPDATE: I used Mail2Web only a few days beyond this original post. I could not connect to their system by internet or by Treo for five straight days and their support department would not respond to any messages. Finally gave up on them and went with www.webville.net. It is a pay service but has been rock-solid and stable. Well worth the money for the reliability. Should have gone with them from the beginning.
    Last edited by DiverGuy; 04/28/2007 at 07:58 AM.
    i hated mail2web.

it was ridiculously slow. so many better options.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137876
    I am in search of a new solution for wireless email.

I have a Treo 700wx on Sprint. The IT department at work will not enable mobile access on the exchange server--they just say "shouldve got a blackberry"

So I am stuck using emoze right now--which does the trick--it just inserts that footnote at the bottom of everything I send. I would be willing to pay for a similar desktop client that can push and send emails from my work desktop. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A buddy at work has the Treo 700w on Verizon--and he uses Verizon Wireless Sync--I just dont think Sprint has something that is comparable.

I appreciate the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonDubo View Post
    I am in search of a new solution for wireless email.

I have a Treo 700wx on Sprint. The IT department at work will not enable mobile access on the exchange server--they just say "shouldve got a blackberry"

So I am stuck using emoze right now--which does the trick--it just inserts that footnote at the bottom of everything I send. I would be willing to pay for a similar desktop client that can push and send emails from my work desktop. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A buddy at work has the Treo 700w on Verizon--and he uses Verizon Wireless Sync--I just dont think Sprint has something that is comparable.

I appreciate the help.
    You can try "Sprint Business Connect" email
    http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...onal_tabA.html
    This is an email solution by a company called "Seven" http://www.seven.com/get_it/america/...tes/index.html . This is the identical application as "Cingular Xpress Mail"
    Sprint business connect (or Seven) should have a "desktop redirector." You simply install the software on your computer at work (a computer that has access to your exchange email server.) The app logs in to you exchange account and sets up a secure connection with a server that Sprint runs.
    The email applicaition you run on your Treo will connect to your exchange server through your desktop (which you have to keep on.)
    I'm not sure if it's free or like $5/month or something.

I use Cingular Xpress mail (Cingulars version of this) and it works fairly well. It's certainly not perfect and could be better, but it does the job.

All I can say is to give it a shot.

The other option is to see if you can find "Blackberry connect for WM5" to get it on the Treo 700wx that you have. Blackberry connect will basically blackberryize your treo and let you use it with your company's BB server.
    I'm not sure what the down side is to using BB connect software nor do I know where you can get it. Just have to search for it.
    If you use BB connect, you'll have to get a blackberry plan.
    Unfortunately I don't know squat about Sprint data plan (I know Cingular and T-Mobile.)
    emoze seems to work better than mail2web. Mail2web is pretty good, but can be unreliable at times as their servers get busy.
    i have been using emoze, but i dont like it because sometimes it will create duplicate lines of text in outgoing messages. my outgoing messages look like i typed the same line of text twice. i contacted tech support and "they are looking into it"

anyone else have this problem?
    JasonDubo - does your work use Outlook/Exchange? Do you know? If so, get these three questions answered by someone in IT:

Do we use Exchange?
    Are we on Exchange 2003 or later?
    Do we have Service Pack 2 installed?
    Do we support Outlook Web Access? (in other words, can you access your company Outlook email via a web browser?)

If you answer yes to those, you can run your Treo right against the Exchange server and avoid all that other BS. Simple, instant push email, with no other clunky stuff messing things up.

Get those answers and report back.....
    I tried Emoze, but it got annoying whenever I lost data connection, because a retry connection message would frequently appear. Plus you needed to have your PC running Emoze in order for the PPC client to be utilized.

I also tried Sprint Business Connect for Personal use, but it only allows access to 1 email account.

Mail2web's FREE service was restricted and it can only be best utilized if you pay the subscription price.

I finally caved in a bought PushEffect. At only $20 (USD), I found it to be the best and easiest solution for Push mail.