Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    I am a newb to all this smartphone/PDA stuff, and i have decided to move up in the world. I have been researching all this stuff for a couple weeks, and I see the Treo's at the best fit becuase they have the multimedia stuff, unlike BB, and Sprint has low rates.

SO..my questions. I have seen all these mods for the Treo's where you can have different internet browsers that display text smaller and stuff, but is there a difference in the amount of these mods for the wx and p since they run on different OS's. I would think wx may be harder to modify becuase windows is gay.

THANK YOU..some of you guys are really smart btw haha
    Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    I would think wx may be harder to modify becuase windows is gay.
    Now I know you're a "newb" and all, but this is just a stupid, disrespectful comment. Now, taking your newbness into consideration, one would assume that you obviously don't know much about either OS (and we can tell you don't based on your question), so then why would you just assume Windows would be harder to modify if you know nothing about it? Furthermore, why would you have to use the word gay to describe Windows? What about windows is gay?

And to answer your question, the WX is much easier to modify. There are more modifications available, more different types of modifications, and many different ways to customize the look of your device. Just go to the 700wx forum and look for a thread called "What does your 700w today screen look like?". Do a search for registry edits, mortscript, threaded text messaging, and you'll see there are plenty of mods to be done with the 700wx. Only get the 700p if you prefer PalmOS. If you're looking for updates, hacks, mods and that kind of thing, then Windows Mobile would be the better candidate. It's generally more stable and more functional.
    Windows is fine. I have the 700wx. I like it a lot. Previously I had the 650. I liked the Palm OS a lot.

You can use either OS stock, out of the box, and have a fine and useful device. You can also pour a lot of time and money into either the WM or Palm OS device and mutter a few bad words in frustration and shout with glee at other times.

Go have fun. Get either one. Soon enough you will get phone lust like most of us, and you'll try the other side of the OS coin anyway.

And welcome to TC. You can get an answer to almost any phone question here. What we don't know we make up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Now I know you're a "newb" and all, but this is just a stupid, disrespectful comment.
    This is his/her first post here. I think we can deduce from this...

Quote Originally Posted by sub150 View Post
    I am a newb to all this smartphone/PDA stuff.

I would think wx may be harder to modify becuase windows is gay.

THANK YOU..some of you guys are really smart btw haha
    That the OP is not just a newb, but also young.

Both Palm and Windows can be tweaked. It just depends on how much work you want to put into it and how much patience you have. The Treo is a temperamental device, no matter which platform you choose.

This is going to turn into ANOTHER Palm vs. Windows thread
    one word.... registry.
    Palm is no longer going to tweak garnet.There future is WM6 and linux.
    The end