View Poll Results: Will you upgrade from a 700w to the 700wx?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Its only money and I REALLY need the memory

22 46.81%
  • No. I am doing just fine without the added expense

12 25.53%
  • Hmm. Let me see what everyone else is doing before I decide

7 14.89%
  • Another Poll?? I hate polls.

6 12.77%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Assuming most of you verizon users (like me) purchased the 700w when it first came out, most of you are still tied into a 2 year commitment, meaning that upgrading to the new 700wx will cost you the "retail" amount of the phone ($650.00) less the reported mail in rebate ($100) less ebaying your 700w ($200?)

Is more memory worth $350.00??
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boboo View Post
    Assuming most of you verizon users (like me) purchased the 700w when it first came out, most of you are still tied into a 2 year commitment, meaning that upgrading to the new 700wx will cost you the "retail" amount of the phone ($650.00) less the reported mail in rebate ($100) less ebaying your 700w ($200?)

Is more memory worth $350.00??
    Actually, you can get it for $299 (the 2yr contract renewal price of $499 minus the $100 rebate, minus the $100 for being on a combined voice/data plan or switching to a combined voice/data plan).
  3.    #3  
    You can renew your contract even if you are in year 1 of a 2 year?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    It would be incredibly stupid for anyone who bought a 700w with verizon such as myself to go out and get the 700wx while still locked into contract. Incredibly stupid.

I do love this phone, but I refuse to upgrade to another treo until one comes out that is thinner, has a higher resolution screen, and has a faster cpu. I don't even see myself settling for 2 of the 3-it needs all three. I really don't see that happening though; I'll probably end up buying one of Samsung or HTC's products in a year and a half.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boboo View Post
    You can renew your contract even if you are in year 1 of a 2 year?

According to the rep I spoke with, yes. I could be wrong on that but that's my understanding from our conversation.
    For no reason I can understand, Verizon sent me a VIP card. It allows an upgrade every year with a two year renewal.

Either way, I'm pleased with the 700w, but I do find I hold back on installing applications for fear of not having enough memory. Thus, I'm going to get the 700WX regardless of getting a discount or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    It would be incredibly stupid for anyone who bought a 700w with verizon such as myself to go out and get the 700wx while still locked into contract. Incredibly stupid.
    cmon. Money is relative. The only other phone that interests me is the iPhone, and I think it will be awhile before it can do everything we need it to do, so for me it's a good decision.

trio
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    This same poll was posted last week
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Ive said it before. If the VZW gets A2DP support and voice dialing over blue tooth I will pay full retail for it tomorrow and know that I have a phone that does EVERYTHING I need for the next two years. If not, I'll stick to my Black Q until Verizon comes out with what I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    This same poll was posted last week
    Hey Robdam, not to get off topic, but I've been wanting to ask for more than a week now, who is that in your signature and what is he talking about? He looks similar to someone else I know and it makes me laugh.
    Verizon updated the NE2 user agreement. Now you only get a $50 credit every 2 years for voice plans under $80/month and the same $100 credit for plans $80+.

However, everyone can upgrade their phone on a yearly basis for the promotional price if you renew your contract, no VIP card needed. That is my understanding.

That being said, I will only get the WX if I can get a warranty replacement for my W. There is no way a heavily used Treo of 6+ months gets $200 on ebay, and I'm not paying more than $100 to get the WX. If I can't get an insurance or warranty replacement I'm waiting for the WM6/Rev. A phones, which should be here within 6 months anyway.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Well, he is definately saying "Right!"
    Im not voting until I know if it does anything elsle than the current 700w but I will likely buy it either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    Hey Robdam, not to get off topic, but I've been wanting to ask for more than a week now, who is that in your signature and what is he talking about? He looks similar to someone else I know and it makes me laugh.
    I've been really wanting to know this same thing! He's kind of freaking me out.
    Well, what if you bought your phone, 700W, from Ebay in the first place?? Will VZW honor it for a warranty replacement type of deal?? Its not a year old yet and I would really like to get the X for the memory and such but dont want to pay the tall dollar.

If not, what excuses can I use to get them to make a deal? I would go to around $250 plus my W to get the X.
    No WM6? Bummer... not worth the cash. I'm keeping my w until something much better comes out.
    If I can weazel one out of VZW then I for sure upgrade.
    After being on sprint sero????

No on your or my life...

Although, if I ever went back to verizon on a pda, I'd have the treo 700 or whatever the new treo model would be running windows... Awsome device.

And I still have my verizon 815.... under contract until the summer... I like verizon, but their prices are killer.... sprint is actually a good service... equal to verizon. I'm really surprised.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    ...I like verizon, but their prices are killer.... sprint is actually a good service... equal to verizon. I'm really surprised.
    I agree with you on that one trillion percent. Nobody can touch my current plan and unfortunatly it's the only reason why I'm still with Sprint.

*1000 minutes (hardly use more than 400 minutes and it's even my only phone)
    *Unlimited night and weekend.
    *Unlimited internet.
    *500 texts for free (from the issue texting to VZW and T-Mo).
    *Insurance
    *No long distance.

All for $60 a month. My girlfriend who has Verizon actually has better reception than I do in Long Beach, Ca but I can't see myself spending $240 more a year to switch to Verizon. They really need to do something about their plans. The stupid CS rep on the phone kept trying to sell me the $79.00 plan even though I told her 5 times that it ain't gonna work out and that it's unfortunate. Actually i've been at war with Sprint and the Insurance program recently. They kept denying me for some odd reason until I got a hold of a cool retention guy that "fixed" it. We'll see how that goes.

The only thing I miss about Cingular was the sim card. Could switch out phones without having to call in and spend hours programming contacts. Reception and call quality blew.
    So, looks like it has A2DP...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast