Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I held the box in my hand! How pathetic am I ? LOL. My local Connecticut store has 2 WX's in stock. I reserved one of them. I asked but they wouldn't sell it to me until the 20th. I'll be there at 8am tomorrow!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    I held the box in my hand! How pathetic am I ? LOL. My local Connecticut store has 2 WX's in stock. I reserved one of them. I asked but they wouldn't sell it to me until the 20th. I'll be there at 8am tomorrow!
    Were you able to confirm A2DP support?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I did not ask or read the spec's but I don't think it is included. Has anyone heard differently? The rep grabbed the box from me as soon as I picked it up. I was surprised they even let me reserve one.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Somehow, I don't think the Verizon 700wx will be much different from the Sprint WX. Is there any evidence that the Verizon version might include more features, or is it simply someone making a wish?
    I called two stores in my area. both didn't have them but they were aware its coming soon.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Somehow, I don't think the Verizon 700wx will be much different from the Sprint WX. Is there any evidence that the Verizon version might include more features, or is it simply someone making a wish?
    I agree Trev, I think it's NYC_rock's wishful thinking.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    I agree Trev, I think it's NYC_rock's wishful thinking.
    I can put all the guessing to an end. It is def my own wishful thinking. Wishful that verizon, with a year to get it right, will.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Here is what I found out today. For a new contract or renew of a 2 year the price is 499. Then you get a $100 off for new every 2 and then there is a $100 mail in rebate to go with it. That makes the phone $299.
    the excitement is gone for me. I will hold onto my 700w until I just cant take it anymore. That is of course unless there is some REALLY cool thing about the wx and knowing verizon, there probably isn't.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Here is what I found out today. For a new contract or renew of a 2 year the price is 499. Then you get a $100 off for new every 2 and then there is a $100 mail in rebate to go with it. That makes the phone $299.
    I did even better than that. According to the rep I spoke to, if you use your NE2 you get $100 off for that, plus another $100 off for the mail in rebate and then there's another $100 off if you're on a combined voice/data plan or if you switch to a combined voice/data plan - that brings it down to $199 (the $499 2-year renewal price minus $300 in discounts). Unfortunately, I can't upgrade until April (even with my "VIP" status) but she's going to see if I can upgrade in March instead. I'm still not sure if I'm going to do it though since it's not a huge upgrade from the 700w to the 700wx - I think I'd rather wait for a completely new Treo (WM6, 320x320, better form factor, etc.).
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Mine will be ordered tomorrow since the rep that I spoke with over the phone would not let me. I need to get in touch with my corp rep.
    More dissapointing news. I think I have verified no A2DP. If you look at testman site, it says blue tooth. Then look at Black Q and it specifically says "bluetooth, including A2DP support".

Dam!!!!