Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Didn't we get EV-DO roaming with 20225? I could have sworn I read about users roaming on Verizon already.
    Yes, data roaming on Verizon came out with 20225.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    No, we didn't get EV-DO with it. we got only 1xRTT data even in places where verizon has ev-do.
    Recently I read somebody saying we would have EV-DO roaming(not just 1x), and thought maybe this PRL update would make it happen.
    Seems like it didn't though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    No, we didn't get EV-DO with it. we got only 1xRTT data even in places where verizon has ev-do.
    Recently I read somebody saying we would have EV-DO roaming(not just 1x), and thought maybe this PRL update would make it happen.
    Seems like it didn't though.
    You are correct, 1xRTT data roaming only. Sorry if my response was confusing.
    Mine updated with the vision update automatically.
    What will this PRL update do for me?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    PRL = Preferred Roaming List. It updates the list of towers that you can roam from so you get better coverage (not reception) when roaming.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    man... after multiple calls speaking to reps over the last few days and a $10 credit for dropped calls, which I aint complaining about, I got the update
    After this PRL update, my phone gets disconnected while on the call.. and I also noticed less signal on my phone now.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    After this PRL update, my phone gets disconnected while on the call.. and I also noticed less signal on my phone now.
    You're witnessing a placebo effect right there. The PRL has no change on your native network signal.
    Haven't had the time to contact Sprint to allow me to update but I am sure it won't make much difference since I never roam.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    PRL = Preferred Roaming List. It updates the list of towers that you can roam from so you get better coverage (not reception) when roaming.
    Actually it doesn't always provide better coverage. It can take away coverage in certain areas if roaming agreements change.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3 View Post
    Actually it doesn't always provide better coverage. It can take away coverage in certain areas if roaming agreements change.
    Good point, hadn't thought of it that way. I guess it should be 'updated' coverage.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12