1.    #1  
    Let me start by saying I have used the I-volution cases for some time now. Had them for my 600 & 650. I have probably purchased 4 cases and have never been happier. However, there is a problem with the 750 case. When ordered with a clip attachment, the swivel pin on the back of the case is off center. This causes the case to hang crooked on your belt. I also place it on my car dash, and it hangs crooked there. Very annoying to me. I sent a email to Vaja with my concerns, and I hope they will redesign and replace my custom case.
    Yes, I am annoyed with that design feature as well. Love the Vaja case feel though. However, I don't use it enough. Most of the time, I just carry my Treo naked in the Palm vertical leather holster.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lars464 View Post
    Let me start by saying I have used the I-volution cases for some time now. Had them for my 600 & 650. I have probably purchased 4 cases and have never been happier. However, there is a problem with the 750 case. When ordered with a clip attachment, the swivel pin on the back of the case is off center. This causes the case to hang crooked on your belt. I also place it on my car dash, and it hangs crooked there. Very annoying to me. I sent a email to Vaja with my concerns, and I hope they will redesign and replace my custom case.
    have you ever had the paint come off like many many others?
    Great! I've been waiting a month now for my 750 I-volution case. First time I decided to spend so much on a case. I'm gonna be pissy if the swivel pin is off center!!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  5.    #5  
    Hi Laurence,
    Due to the location of the camera in the device, we cannot have clip any other place than the one in which our Product Department has placed it.
    At this point we can only offer you to either return the case for refund or to replace the case for one with out clip. Please, let me know what option you would like.

Kind regards,

This was Vaja's response. In my opinion, the clip can be moved towards center, and down by 1/2 inch. I expressed this to Vaja. Will see what happens. To answer your question about paint peeling, no. I have never had it happen. I do like the case's. Even after my dog chewed up one pretty good, it didnt peel. My phone was in the case when my dog got it. The Vaja case saved my phone for sure!
    Wow, great, another leather dog chew toy! In all honesty, there is a definite quality and precision that makes vaja so darn expensive. It's well worth the money.
  7.    #7  
    I agree! I love the cases. They just need to redesign the case for the 680/750's.
    To answer your question about paint peeling, no. I have never had it happen. I do like the case's. Even after my dog chewed up one pretty good, it didnt peel. My phone was in the case when my dog got it. The Vaja case saved my phone for sure!
    I think in smileyboy's thread, Vaja's to the paint peeling was that they use a different grade of leather for some cases...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=Vaja
  9.    #9  
    Larry,
    I will make sure to forward your suggestion to our Product Department. However, all these tips have already been given a lot of thought and we can't, unfortunately, change the location of the clip.

Kind regards,

www.vajacases.com
    www.vajachoice.com
    Larry,
    I will make sure to forward your suggestion to our Product Department. However, all these tips have already been given a lot of thought and we can't, unfortunately, change the location of the clip.

Kind regards,

www.vajacases.com
    www.vajachoice.com
    Yes, they can, Vaja chooses not to.

I have the Smartphoneexperts Leather hard case (almost identical to the Vaja design) and the clip is not only in the center of the case but is also removable.

The difference with the SPE case is that the back has a rectangular cut out for the camera/mirror and speaker assembly. I still see no reason why Vaja couldn't move the attachment clip a bit down and over from where it is now, ala SPE.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  11.    #11  
    I agree with you. How do you like the Smartphoneexperts case? Vaja did offer to refund my money if I acted within 3 days of expressing my concern.
    I just ordered the Smartphoneexperts case to try, my Vaja is still on order and who knows how long it will take.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    I agree with you. How do you like the Smartphoneexperts case? Vaja did offer to refund my money if I acted within 3 days of expressing my concern.
    Not as flashy as a Vaja and the leather is nowhere near Vaja quality (what do you expect for 30 bucks?). However, the case is very usable and most certainly gives me more piece of mind than using the Seidio skin and holster. The only thing that I do not like so much about the case is the lenght of the belt clip nub on the back. I know you can remove it but I wear the Treo on my belt. I would prefer the flatter piece that the Vaja uses, but I'll live with it.

I was going to order the Vaja then I remembered this thread and decided it wasn't worth the 70 buck if it would hang unevenly on my belt.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I've had mine for a while, and the clip location never bothered me. I just wish they could have had an opening on the side for the mini SD card/reset cover.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Not as flashy as a Vaja and the leather is nowhere near Vaja quality (what do you expect for 30 bucks?). However, the case is very usable and most certainly gives me more piece of mind than using the Seidio skin and holster. The only thing that I do not like so much about the case is the lenght of the belt clip nub on the back. I know you can remove it but I wear the Treo on my belt. I would prefer the flatter piece that the Vaja uses, but I'll live with it.

I was going to order the Vaja then I remembered this thread and decided it wasn't worth the 70 buck if it would hang unevenly on my belt.
    JGold, does your 750 fit well in the case? i got mine and like it so far, but the phone doesnt seem to go all the way in, the fron speaker hole is slightly mis-alighned.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob View Post
    JGold, does your 750 fit well in the case? i got mine and like it so far, but the phone doesnt seem to go all the way in, the fron speaker hole is slightly mis-alighned.
    Hey Rob, it's Jerry(JNGold) from HoFo.

Yep, same thing here. My speaker is a just a bit misaligned and the treo is shoved in all the way.

I bit the bullet a couple of days ago...I put in an order for a Black/Red IVo case for the Treo.
    Funny, I to ordered te Vaja (3-5 weeks)

How's the treo working with the parrot?
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Don't have a parrot in the Saab, but it works great with the Jawbone!