1.    #1  
    One year after the lame 700w is released and Verizon customers are getting shafted again. Cingular not only has the 750 BUT WM6 as well? Not to mention it supports A2DP and blue tooth voice dialing. The final insult, the 750 and the 700wx will cost the same amount.

Verizons service is great, but thier equipment is the worst.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    That's how it's always been with Verizon, best service with worst phones..

The only reason why I got verizon was back in the days, when I was working at my previous company, we had no reception at all except Verizon in Livingston, NJ.. Now that I work in NYC, and all the carriers have strong signal enough to cause brain damage, I should've moved over to Cingular or Sprint but only to find out that my company has special discount agreement with Verizon..

Guess we just have to live with it...
  3.    #3  
    I will say this though, if the 700wx on Verizon takes care of the A2DP and bluetooth voice dialing I will buy it on the 20th.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Cingular not only has the 750 BUT WM6 as well? .
    cingular 750 doesn't have wm6. thay MAY get it but no one knows forsure or when.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Rock, why bash on Verizon? If you don't like them then don't buy them. For those of us that have been using Verizon and the treo 700w for the past year, we are ready and waiting for the Treo 700wx. I too would like Bluetooth dialing but I will make due with the Treo 700wx with more memory because Verizon has the best signal. If you were with one of the other company's you would have a newer phone but yet you would probably be complaining about the service. At least with Verizon we can change phones and don't have to sit there with our thumbs up our a** waiting and hoping that our service will get better.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Rock, why bash on Verizon? If you don't like them then don't buy them. For those of us that have been using Verizon and the treo 700w for the past year, we are ready and waiting for the Treo 700wx. I too would like Bluetooth dialing but I will make due with the Treo 700wx with more memory because Verizon has the best signal. If you were with one of the other company's you would have a newer phone but yet you would probably be complaining about the service. At least with Verizon we can change phones and don't have to sit there with our thumbs up our a** waiting and hoping that our service will get better.

I love verizon, dont get me wrong. They have the best signal and all of my friends and family are part of the network. The even recently upgraded my upstate NY town to EVDO which is amazing considering Sprint barely covers the area with 1x. But alas, they are notorius for thier phones being lame. Look at cingular for the moment. they have the best phones hands down. Verizon released the 700w as a half broken device, thats how limiting the onboard ram is. So now, a year later, they are releasing the phone they should have had in the first place. Meanwhile, the other carriers are on the next level of technology. As I said, if the 700wx has A2DP and Voice dialing over bluetooth support I will buy it. But I gaurantee, I will be ticked off when the 750 CDMA comes to Verizon in a couple of months.
    Which upstate NY town are you in? I just noticed an upgrade in my Upstate town (Yorktown)
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I think that one of the biggest reason's that a GSM 750 came out before the CDMA is because Verizon had the 700 w come out first and then Sprint had the 700 wx come out first. Now is the 750 on GSM. It will probably be at lease another year before the 750 comes to Verizon.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Which upstate NY town are you in? I just noticed an upgrade in my Upstate town (Yorktown)

Goshen, south orange county. Yorktown is Westchester, right?
    There won't be a 750 on Sprint or Verizon. The purpose of the 750 was to give GSM users high speed data (UMTS and HSDPA). Sprint and Verizon already have this in the 700w/wx, so there'd really be no point in releasing a 750 on Sprint/Verizon. Most differences between the 700w/wx and 750 can be resolved with a software update.

Instead, what I think we will see next (For Sprint and Verizon) is a Windows Mobile 6 device with EvDO Revision A and a 320x320 screen. Hopefully Palm will be smart and add better bluetooth and wifi too. That would make the perfect device for me (assuming it's not riddled with bugs or other problems).
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    There won't be a 750 on Sprint or Verizon. The purpose of the 750 was to give GSM users high speed data (UMTS and HSDPA). Sprint and Verizon already have this in the 700w/wx, so there'd really be no point in releasing a 750 on Sprint/Verizon. Most differences between the 700w/wx and 750 can be resolved with a software update.

Instead, what I think we will see next (For Sprint and Verizon) is a Windows Mobile 6 device with EvDO Revision A and a 320x320 screen. Hopefully Palm will be smart and add better bluetooth and wifi too. That would make the perfect device for me (assuming it's not riddled with bugs or other problems).
    I dont agree. the form factor is an upgrade in itself. The CDMA version could come pre-loaded with WM6 and a screen capable of supporting 320x320. Then, nervana would be achieved.
    God (Verizon) hear you! 750 with all goodies. I will buy it tonight!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I dont agree. the form factor is an upgrade in itself. The CDMA version could come pre-loaded with WM6 and a screen capable of supporting 320x320. Then, nervana would be achieved.
    Right. We are essentially saying the same thing, I'm just saying that if such a device, were it to be made, wouldn't be known as the 750. It's too big of an upgrade to be named the 750. People would be looking at the Sprint/Verizon 750's, then looking at the Cingular 750 and wondering why they're different devices, but have the same name. Palm would probably name it something different.

As far as the form factor, I don't think the 1 millimeter they shaved off (the 680 and 750 are nowhere close to thin, I don't know why Palm bothered) is worth the smaller battery. 600 mah is big difference, that's a whole third of the battery taken away from the 650 and 700 series. Personally, I can't really notice the difference in thickness when holding my 650 and a demo 750. It's even more useful for those of us that use cases and wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyways. I do like thin devices (I came from a Samsung A900 before I got my 650), but thin devices are supposed to be really thin. Not 1mm-thinner-than-the-650 thin. Although the removal of the antenna is a plus for some. Personally, I kind of like the look of the antenna, but it's not a major factor to me.