1.    #1  
    Cingular Treo 750 WM5. It sounds a two tone beep when put on or off the charger. I've checked the Sounds settings but there desn't seem to be anything in there that controls these sounds without silencing other events, too.

Could someone please recommend a good (preferrably free) registry editor and point me toward the keys that need to be changed to kill the event sounds when going on or off the charger?

Would making and saving such a change be persistent or would a soft reset restore them? If it would restore the sound events, would a MortScript be the answer?

Thanks for any info.

DiverGuy
  2.    #2  
    Please disregard.

I checked the Windows folder and found the file ChargerDisconnect.mid. Employing massive quantities of deductive reasoning, I figured this is probably the sound the plays when disconnecting from the charger. So, I used PHM Registry Editor and ran a search for that file. It was found in HK Current User, ControlPanel, Volume, ChargerDisconnectSound. I edited the value of the only key in there, deleted that midi file, then waited about ten minutes before performing a soft reset. That took care of the problem!
    that's good to know...thanks for the info. I don't mind the sounds too much but it wakes up my wife in the mornings alot of times b/c it can be so loud.
    Mike

Eph 2:8-9
    Hey Mike....welcome to TC! Good to see ya over here too!

I think some TC members might be interested in some of those gorgeous themes you have out there, especially the 240 x 240 ones!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewchandler View Post
    I don't mind the sounds too much but it wakes up my wife in the mornings alot of times b/c it can be so loud.
    That's exactly why I wanted to fix the problem.

DiverGuy
    @JGold....thanks.

@DiverGuy.....I figured
    Mike

Eph 2:8-9