1.    #1  
    Went to my local Cingular store and saw the 750 up close. A couple of things I noticed while tinkering around:

1. I like the no-antenae form.

2. Certain commands within WM appear to be very, very slow. Will the upgrade to 6.0 take care of some of the speed issues?

I like the look, the speed turned me off a little bit, and I wanted to compare the screen to the 8525, but they did not even have a display model.

Thoughts? Any idea why WM would appear so slow?
    The first Cingular 750 I got was slow and laggy as well. Returned it for that problem + some dead pixels. The second one I got (about 3 weeks later) did not have any of the slowness / lag.

I forgot to take down all the software / firmware versions on the first, one though so I don't know if the one I have now has any updates on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bworle View Post
    Went to my local Cingular store and saw the 750 up close. A couple of things I noticed while tinkering around:

1. I like the no-antenae form.

2. Certain commands within WM appear to be very, very slow. Will the upgrade to 6.0 take care of some of the speed issues?

I like the look, the speed turned me off a little bit, and I wanted to compare the screen to the 8525, but they did not even have a display model.

Thoughts? Any idea why WM would appear so slow?
    It was probably slow and laggy because the display unit was probably played with by dozens of people. Most likely applications were not closed and the device was running low on RAM. If you would have soft reset the device, it would have performed better.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Exactly what JGold said. Plus, the treos you see on the display wall also have looping windows mobile previews that run every few minutes so even with everything "closed" that still runs in the BG and is very intensive.
    If you want to compare screens, keep in mind also to compare screens outdoors in direct sunlight because when you compare indoors or in the stores, it could be misleading. From what I've noticed, the Treo 750 screen is much more readable outdoors than the 8525.

Also, my unit doesn't have the speed lags.

You should also see of you need more one-handed phone functionality. If this is the case, there isn't even a comparison!
    If a lot of people have played with a demo unit, there are probabaly 8 or 10 apps running in background doing God knows what.
    If you press and hold OK and close unused apps, you'll free up the memory. Things run pretty fast except.
    Sometimes there's about 2 seconds for an app to load, this is one reason they stay minimized in background. So when you return to them they show up instantly.

Normally you dont get this lag because you won't have apps doing dumb things in backgorund. You'll close some, minimize others.

My Treo 750 runs a hell of a lot faster than my 650 did.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    yeah makes senes...
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    If a lot of people have played with a demo unit, there are probabaly 8 or 10 apps running in background doing God knows what.
    If you press and hold OK and close unused apps, you'll free up the memory. Things run pretty fast except.
    Sometimes there's about 2 seconds for an app to load, this is one reason they stay minimized in background. So when you return to them they show up instantly.

Normally you dont get this lag because you won't have apps doing dumb things in backgorund. You'll close some, minimize others.

My Treo 750 runs a hell of a lot faster than my 650 did.