Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I have had my 700w w/ verizon for over a year now. I really liked it for a long time. Recently I have found myself wishing it did more. I have been fighting bluetooth problems for a couple of months now. It will NOT stay paired up with any of the BT headsets Ive tried. Through the constant re-pairing I do each day the battery can barely make it, and I find myself choosing between messing with the BT or having the phone make it all day. If I leave the BT headset at home, the phone can make it all day just fine, unless I use IE too much...

I know its been talked about so much on here, and I hate to dredge it up, but whats to stop me from switching to the 6700? Is the WX really going to fix all these things? I love the 700 and its one handed operation, how well it seems to work overall, its just these daily irritating things that make me think about a less expensive option that seems to get the job done....

Does the 700wx with other carries take care of these issues? Is it worth the cost of upgrading?

Enough of the rants....
    i had the 6700 for about a year. many of us wx owners had the 6700. not to start another 6700 vs wx thread, but the 6700 had more problems than the wx. just different phoblems. there is no perfect device. so far many have switched from the 6700 to the wx and think this is as close to perfect as thay can find.

for me the 6700 was a nice, very hackable, large screen, pda. i miss having the bt dialing and bluetooth audio. the problem for me was the 6700 as a phone. i wouldn't be able to answer some calls without the phone freezing. then some calls would go to voice mail with out ever ringing, ect.

bottom line... if the phone is the most inportant part = treo wx. if the pda is more improtant (or missing calls is not important) then = 6700

to be honest with you... i cant wait to see the reviews of the 6800 this summer. i would go back to that style if the phone part has been fixed. altho i do like my treo i miss bluetooth dialing and larger screen for my slingbox.

cody
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i had the 6700 for about a year. many of us wx owners had the 6700. not to start another 6700 vs wx thread, but the 6700 had more problems than the wx. just different phoblems. there is no perfect device. so far many have switched from the 6700 to the wx and think this is as close to perfect as thay can find.

for me the 6700 was a nice, very hackable, large screen, pda. i miss having the bt dialing and bluetooth audio. the problem for me was the 6700 as a phone. i wouldn't be able to answer some calls without the phone freezing. then some calls would go to voice mail with out ever ringing, ect.

bottom line... if the phone is the most inportant part = treo wx. if the pda is more improtant (or missing calls is not important) then = 6700

to be honest with you... i cant wait to see the reviews of the 6800 this summer. i would go back to that style if the phone part has been fixed. altho i do like my treo i miss bluetooth dialing and larger screen for my slingbox.

cody
    Hey Cody do you think you would have a different view of the 6700 since people are now putting aku 3.3 on it, reading the forum over at hofo people who hated the 6700 now love it since they installed aku 3.3. From what I understand it fixed a ton of problems that was plagued on the 6700. I'm actually thinking about going back to it myself as long as I put the new aku on it. I think I want a bigger screen and availability to have wifi.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I dont want to start another vs thread I am getting so busy with business and NEED reliable BT, and its just not happening. I guess Ill watch the 700wx progress and see what happens..
    well i feel that even though thay have changed the aku the radio is still the same. even though the bt stayed connected, it didn't so any good that the calls would go to voicemail and never ring on the phone. i did like the 6700 for many things. with the "smartkeys" app it made easy to use one handed. the only thing the wx keyboard has is making it easy to type one handed. the only time i do that is when i am driving. which i shouldn't be doing anyhow. i'm thinking i would bennift more from the bigger screen than typing while driving. i am looking out for the 6800.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/ppc-6800-announced-t773.html
    http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=125062
    http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-...le-a_1740.html

As a successor of the Apache, it has EV-DO Rev. A, 2-megapixel camera, Bluetooth v.2 and 256MB of internal memory. The antenna is now internal and the design is more rounded. It seems that the phone uses microSD cards for memory expansion, standard miniUSB for charging and brings the jog dial and OK key from the TyTN to its left side. In addition it also has voice-commands key and WiFi-switch (On/Off) on the same left side.

The HTC Titan is expected to be launched in May, this year, by both Verizon and Sprint PCS.

source: EngadgetMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    well i feel that even though thay have changed the aku the radio is still the same. even though the bt stayed connected, it didn't so any good that the calls would go to voicemail and never ring on the phone. i did like the 6700 for many things. with the "smartkeys" app it made easy to use one handed. the only thing the wx keyboard has is making it easy to type one handed. the only time i do that is when i am driving. which i shouldn't be doing anyhow. i'm thinking i would bennift more from the bigger screen than typing while driving. i am looking out for the 6800.

As a successor of the Apache, it has EV-DO Rev. A, 2-megapixel camera, Bluetooth v.2 and 256MB of internal memory. The antenna is now internal and the design is more rounded. It seems that the phone uses microSD cards for memory expansion, standard miniUSB for charging and brings the jog dial and OK key from the TyTN to its left side. In addition it also has voice-commands key and WiFi-switch (On/Off) on the same left side.

The HTC Titan is expected to be launched in May, this year, by both Verizon and Sprint PCS.

source: EngadgetMobile
    I myself might hold out for the 6800 but I wouldnt mind getting a 6700 just to trick it out for a while just for fun.I saw a 6700 on ebay that went for 135 maybe I can get a deal like that.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.