Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Ok so here is a hypothetical question WHAT IF you could get wm6 on the 750 AND you got a replacement screen for a 680 could you install that on the 750?? anyone know if the screen hook ups are located in the same location? Just a thought I dont think I would spend the $100+ bucks for the added resolution ... although I could probably ebay my old screen for close to that.
    Anyways just trying to think of new ways to make my treo even better
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    I thought the same thing, and when I checked a few websites, the screens on PDAParts.com (search for "treo screens"), look like the ribbon connector is in the same exact place on both screens.

I watched two videos on the site showing how to take apart a 680 and a 700w (screen part is the same for 750 cingular and 750v) and it appeared the screens were identical in configuration and placement.

I even wanted to mod my 750 by using a colored Treo 680 case, but I found out that the IR port is on top of a 680 with the vibe switch. On our 750s, it is on the side. Bummer, I like the crimson and copper.

Although maybe a crimson keypad on our blue 750 looks a little patriotic, hmmm.
    This should be relevant to the 750 since it uses the same screen as the 700w/wx.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137072
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I got as excited as you guys, thinking about this possibility. I looked at the chipset the 750 uses and the max resolution it is capable of is qvga (240X320). So you would not benefit from this mod.
    Thanks, petesonline, for the research.
    The best part is that the treo 750 uses the Qualcomm MSM6275. If you look at the diagram of the chip set it has a gps chip on it, I know it is enabled( at least that is the big brother theory, FCC reg) no how to use it with TomTom.