1.    #1  
    I have a 700w with wireless synching to a corporate microsoft exchange server. Is there a setting on the 700w which would allow you to leave mail on the server whether or not the e-mail is deleted on the 700w (i.e. the desktop would control for deleted e-mails)?

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere. I did a search and couldn't find anything.
    i would say goto outlook on your phone, menu/tools/options/storage and there you will see "empty deleted items". set this to manually. the emails will now be removed from your treo inbox and moved to your deleted items folder on your treo. thay should be left on your pc outlook at work.

i dont know for sure, but it's worth a try. i dont use it this way so i don't know. just trying to help.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the suggestion. That's how it is set up now. The deletions on the Treo still appear to delete the e-mails on the server.

Is there anyone out there who knows how remedy this?

My old Blackberry had specific options for this. There must be something I am missing.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the suggestion. That's how it is set up now. The deletions on the Treo still appear to delete the e-mails on the server.

Is there anyone out there who knows how to remedy this?

My old Blackberry had specific options for this. There must be something I am missing.
    ok, here is another idea. have your email (account 1) forwarded to a seconded account (account 2). then have the second account pushed to your phone. this way all the mail on the 1st account is still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopybird View Post
    I have a 700w with wireless synching to a corporate microsoft exchange server. Is there a setting on the 700w which would allow you to leave mail on the server whether or not the e-mail is deleted on the 700w (i.e. the desktop would control for deleted e-mails)?

I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere. I did a search and couldn't find anything.
    I don't think that's possible. With exchange, when you edit something on your device, you're not just editing your local copy (like you might be with POP or IMAP), but rather you're directly editing the mailbox on the server. That's kind of why exchange mail is "sychronized" unlike POP and IMAP.

This is just my theory though, I'm not sure if it's actually possible to keep deleted items on the server.
  7.    #7  
    I'm afraid this is starting to look hopeless. Anyone!?
    Use the IMAP4 protocol to connect to your exchange server. This is done when creating a new account on your Treo. It will act like a full outlook client minus the ability for calendar, contacts and tasks updates wiothout a sync or a wirelesssync. If your read a messge on your Treo, next send/recieve it will mark it read on the exchange server.
    I believe there is a setting on the server side that may control this. I'm having the opposite problem you are. It used to be that if I deleted a message from my Treo, it would delete it on the server and that would be reflected when I opened Outlook on my PC. That is the way I want it to be. Then our IT dept finally upgraded to SP2, and now my messages will show as read if I open them on my Treo, but if I delete them they remain on the server until I delete them from Outlook. I've got a question in to our IT dept on this but haven't heard back. If I find out anything more I'll let you know.