1.    #1  
    Hello, I'm hoping its something simple but my volume buttons on the side of my 750 no longer adjust volume, they bring up the battery life indicator. If I go to Settings>Buttons There is a button called "Hold Side" but no control of the volume buttons. They were working yesterday. I've checked everything out I can think of thus, now I post.
    I think it's SPB, but there's a file called "VolumeFix" out there. That should work, or a simple soft reset should restore functionality. Some have linked the volume issue to Voice Command. Don't know if you have that on or not.
  3.    #3  
    I've tried the soft reset, no dice. Are others having this problem as well?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    what apps have you loaded to your device? there are several threads on this issue, most of which point to SPB software...hope you get it working soon!
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    search for fixvolume.exe
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Link to SPB Volume Fix. http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1824

Note: SPB Mobile Shell has also been known to mess with the Volume keys on the 750.
    Link to discussion: http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtop...=4145&start=15
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
  7.    #7  
    Ok, I downloaded the file to my device, unrared it and put it in my start menu and reset the device and it tells me that the file cannot be opened.
  8.    #8  
    The only SPB program I have is a game called Air Islands. I could try to uninstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcortez View Post
    what apps have you loaded to your device? there are several threads on this issue, most of which point to SPB software...hope you get it working soon!
    So *that's* it! I installes Spb Suite - and Air Island (which I immediately uninstalled) and have the same battery thing.

I'll try the linked-to fix...

Rocky
  10.    #10  
    I've uninstalled all the SPB software and reset the device but my volume control still doesn't work. Arrrgh! I also downloaded Meriam Websters Dictionary, Calc1 and Material Estimator. Sould I uninstall everything? Another interesting note: When I was running SPB software off of my SD carn there were no issues. Thanks all with your help on this!
    If you were using SPB Pocket Plus. Download and install the latest release that contains the Treo 750 volume key fix. It may repair your issue.
    The same may be the case for other SPB apps. If it was released in the last 4 weeks, it will be the Treo 750 fix.
    Otherwise fisit http://www.spbclub.com/ and check the forum for the SPB app that you use. It will be addressed there. I'm sure they have the solution.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  12.    #12  
    Ok so I may not know what I'm doing but I cannot get the patch program mentioned at the SPB site mentioned above to run. I changed its name from .rar to .exe and put it in my windows start up folder and the device tell me that it cannot run because it "not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found" Am I missing something simple here?

Good thing I like where the volume is set now or this would be a huge issue.
    yes you are

.rar is a compressed file format like .zip. You need to unrar it first with Winrar (shareware), extract the exe then place it in your windows/startup folder...or search here for volumefix.exe and it should come up...(mobile otherwise I'd attach it)

Just FYI, Same discussion going on at Howard Forums
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1111444
    I have the same problem, but I don't have any of the software from SPB installed. In my case, I need to reset it about 2-3 times in order to get my side volume back
    volumefix.exe will fix it even if you don't have any spb apps installed

Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    I have the same problem, but I don't have any of the software from SPB installed. In my case, I need to reset it about 2-3 times in order to get my side volume back
    How about magicbutton, do you have that one?
  18.    #19  
    This is weird. My volume keys started working again on their own for about two weeks. Until yesterday. Now, they are not working again. All SPB apps are long deleted.
    I have noticed this problem since i installed magicbutton. The volume keys stop working. I do a soft reset and their back...bit annoying.