Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They are not different, just different styles, same number of pins in the same places. The problem is you didn't read my post correctly, you now have pieces 1 and 3 of the puzzle. Piece 2 I am still working on and it's not gonna work without it. The bootcode must be hacked to tell it their is 320 scan lines with 320 pixels across... Without that of course it doesn't show anything... The cpu itself is the "graphics card" of the treo...
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
    They are not different, just different styles, same number of pins in the same places. The problem is you didn't read my post correctly, you now have pieces 1 and 3 of the puzzle. Piece 2 I am still working on and it's not gonna work without it. The bootcode must be hacked to tell it their is 320 scan lines with 320 pixels across... Without that of course it doesn't show anything... The cpu itself is the "graphics card" of the treo...
    I think he was using NYTITOT to try it out. It was worth a shot!

I wonder - maybe it is still possible with NYTITOT. Then again... maybe not! It sure would be cool if it worked!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I think he was using NYTITOT to try it out. It was worth a shot!

I wonder - maybe it is still possible with NYTITOT. Then again... maybe not! It sure would be cool if it worked!
    Again, the problem lies when you FIRST boot the phone, you know, even before windows or NYTITOT loads. The CPU needs instructions for the new screen.
    we may have to wait for this mod until WM 6 is released so that it natively can detect and support the desried screen resolution
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Ah I see. We will have to wait patiently. I'd be more than willing to try again when the time comes around. I'll keep checking or let me know on your progress.

I'd be happy to test it out whatever I can do.

Thanks,

GC
    I am thinking of buying a screen ahead of time as I have faith in shadowmite. What do you all think of this one I found on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

Last edited by stroths; 02/19/2007 at 06:24 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    What do you all think of this one I found on ebay?
    Brand Spankin' new?
    Quote Originally Posted by jstuart View Post
    Sorry to state the obivous..(and maybe its a dumb question?) but the 700P appears to be the same hardware as the 700w/wx with the exception of the Screen and the OS. So (Shadowmite are you listening?) why not start with a 700P (320 x 320) and convert to WM (vzw 700wx rom?) and then upgrade to WM6. Can you do it mister wizard??
    Yeah, I was wondering the exact same thing...
    Actually the 700p is as flawed as the 700w is when it comes to ram. Palm OS doesn't use ram in the same way so you don't notice the problem. The 700w users can tell you, it sucks. A 700p could in theory be flashed to wm5 to be a 700w, however it would be a very tedious process and would still take awhile for us to figure out how to do it (I don't believe it's gonna happen, but for the record it wouldn't be too hard...)

If you want windows mobile, it's better to start with a 700wx so you have the full ram size that is needed for it to run decently.
    what about the supposed WM6 rom floating around the internets? i downloaded it from some place- but i'm not about to start flashing my phone willy nilly
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Ok you guys are like in dream land or something. Its not so easy like it sounds. It gets SO much more complicated and technical then just "plug and play". To run WM6 rom from an HTC(!) device would require MAJOR hacking to work, its actually almost impossible.
    Windows mobile its not like your regular windows XP intall that you just run and go thru a couple of wizards and its there.
    WM is completely customized for the phone hardware, brand and carrier its going to run on.
    It would be possible to get a WM6 rom running from palm itself(i.e. leaked beta or from another palm device) but you can't just get a rom made for HTC devices that have very similar hardware and just put on the on treo.
  12.    #32  
    FYI: My answer from NYDITOT

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Davis,NYDITOT
    Although NVD can fool the operating system into thinking it has a display of any arbitrary resolution, the actual physical display is controlled by hardware (display controller and LCD) and OEM supplied software (display driver) which built into the device's ROM. In order to upgrade the device to a higher physical resolution the OEM driver would have to be modified as well as the hardware itself.

Most OEM display drivers are hard coded to one physical resolution but it is possible that the Treo's OEM driver is configurable. I don't have a Treo at my disposal but if you have a Windows CE registry editor you may find something under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display\Built In LCD. There may be other key(s) on the same level as Built in LCD as well. There isn't really a "standard" for these registry keys/values but a hacker may be able to find something in there of use. If so, you wouldn't need NVD to get the physical 320x320 resolution. This is definitely not a challenge for the faint of heart.

Good luck,

Mark Davis
    Nyditot Support
    support@nyditot.com
    www.nyditot.com
    There is indeed such a key, but it has only:

Buffermode (value "1")
    Dll (Value "dd1.dll")
    TapMode (value "1")

It looks like re-writing the dll may be what is really required. I think the following MIGHT work, if anyone could rewrite the dll:

1. Create a new dll (ddi320x320.dll)
    2. Place it in RAM storage (in "\Windows\System" ?).
    3. Update the registry with the new dll.
    4. Replace the screen.
    5. Soft Reset (well, I assume you would have powered-down to replace the screen, making this step superfluous).

Unfortunately, this would not survive a hard reset even if it did work. That would not be possible without actually updating the ROM.

It is possible that a new dll may be had from WM6 and some future 320x320 device...

Or maybe the WM6 SDK? I presume that such a thing exists.

Just some thoughts...
    Last edited by westronic; 02/20/2007 at 10:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum View Post
    what about the supposed WM6 rom floating around the internets? i downloaded it from some place- but i'm not about to start flashing my phone willy nilly
    I know that there were ROM's for Universal and Wizard, did you find one for Treo 750?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    well i don't know what it is for- i'm pretty sure i downloaded it from a thread here purporting it to be for a treo 750, but the launcher shows a picture of an htc magician and doesn't display the proper version numbers when it seeks out the device...

-edit-
    it seems as if the one i have is the PDA viet v2.00.04 for the HTC universal... so no luck there...
    Last edited by Kenundrum; 02/20/2007 at 12:45 PM.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12