1.    #1  
    Hi,

I keep getting this error message that says:

"Storage memory us critically low. Of you do not increase storage memory, you may not be able to start some programs."

I put a memory card in and it still says that.

What can I do?

Help please!
    I have the same problem with mine!! HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by GGIRL View Post
    Hi,

I keep getting this error message that says:

"Storage memory us critically low. Of you do not increase storage memory, you may not be able to start some programs."

I put a memory card in and it still says that.

What can I do?

Help please!
    Just putting in a storage card isn't going to fix that problem. Go into the task manager (if you haven't changed the button config on your Treo, hold the OK button) to see if you are in fact low on internal storage memory. You likely need to free up some space on the internal memory. One of the easiest things to do would be to clear out the PIE cache, temp directories, PIE content, etc. The simplest way to do this is by using pmClean (http://www.pocketmax.net/redial.html). I have a shortcut to it in my startup folder to clear out my temp directories and duplicate notifications on every soft reset.

Next thing would be to start removing unneeded programs or files on your device. Maybe have email attachments stored on the SD card (a setting in Pocket Outlook). That should hopefully fix your problem.
    I removed Windows Live Search, which helped, but now I miss it!

Also, where is the Task Manager? My OK button brings up contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Just putting in a storage card isn't going to fix that problem. Go into the task manager (if you haven't changed the button config on your Treo, hold the OK button) to see if you are in fact low on internal storage memory. You likely need to free up some space on the internal memory. One of the easiest things to do would be to clear out the PIE cache, temp directories, PIE content, etc. The simplest way to do this is by using pmClean (http://www.pocketmax.net/redial.html). I have a shortcut to it in my startup folder to clear out my temp directories and duplicate notifications on every soft reset.

Next thing would be to start removing unneeded programs or files on your device. Maybe have email attachments stored on the SD card (a setting in Pocket Outlook). That should hopefully fix your problem.
    First off go into Start>Settings>System Tab>Memory>Running Programs Tab. Close all the Programs running. I only have Wireless and Phone running in there and that's it.

Next clean out video's and pictures. These can be a space hog if you have a lot. If you have aftermarket ringers (MP3's) and screensavers you do not use then ditch them too. DO NOT delete the factory stuff. I guess you could be one day you might want to sell the unit.

Delete programs you've downloaded but never use. I only have Memaid and it's stored on my SD card. Memaid also will clean out IE Cache, IE Internet files, etc. I just cleaned mine out and I had 2.5MB of crap after just browsing the web for a few minutes.

I'm not big on 3rd part software has it usually slows down the OS plus some files are just too large.

Like the above mentioned-Emails, attachments, texts, etc. If you don't refer back to them then delete it.
    extremely helpful. thank you !!
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I'm not big on 3rd part software has it usually slows down the OS plus some files are just too large.
    Kind of defeats the purpose of having this type of device, don't you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by OriTreo View Post
    I removed Windows Live Search, which helped, but now I miss it!

Also, where is the Task Manager? My OK button brings up contacts.
    1. Install Live Search to your card.
    2. Go into Live Search Settings and check "Use Storage Card"
    3. You've modified the default setting of option-OK. You to Settings/Personal Settings/Buttons and reassign it to the task manager.
    Can't believe I forgot to mention this. Use UPX to reduce the size of (many) programs. Programs like TomTom, GoogleMaps, SPB Backup, etc. have been reduced up to and more than 50% in my experience. And, the funny thing is, many programs actually load up faster after UPX'ing them. You can also compress DLL files, but I haven't had a need to try that yet. Not everything can be compressed, and it may cause problems with some programs, but you can back up the originals via the program or even uncompress them as well.

http://mobile-sg.com/software/?p=UPX4PPC&platform=ppc
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Kind of defeats the purpose of having this type of device, don't you think?
    No not at all. I use it 80% of the time for work (emails, texts, tasking, etc.). I don't need weather, today page, battery indicator, etc. programs. The Treo in stock form has all this so to me there is no need to clutter it up. Well the weather I get from the Palm home page when online with it.

Also a soft reset every few days may help. If you notice leaving your PC on for a real long time slows down the performance. So does the Treo. Windows does like a good reboot every once in awhile. My memory just went from 28.51MB to 46.76MB with a soft reset.
    Hello there, I am having the same problem with memory. I have clsoed all of the applications and performed a soft reset.

I just got my treo 750 about a month ago and have yet to download a third party application. The only thing i have downloaded thus far is the hack to increase download speeds.
    My storage memory shows 65.41MB in use and .28MB Free. I do not have a storage card.

I did a search for any files larger than 64k and can't find any.....Any ideas?

thanks,
    Last edited by bull1414; 06/13/2007 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typo
    Clear your browser cache, it's most likely the culprit
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Also, if you don't have a storage card, you probably have email attachments in memory.
    I'm having a Storage Memory problem.. It says 63.0MB and 54.51MB being used.

ringtones saved on card,I've cleared my PIE cache, have e-mail attachments in my 4GB SD card, video and pictures get sent to my SD card, i have a few word and excel files saved to the main memory.. but i think i should have more free space

this is what i have loaded on to the main memory:
    Spb phone suite
    resco explores
    palm messaging
    TCPMP
    palm updinfo
    palm playldmatchdll
    spb weather
    google maps
    hidelogo
    spb diary
    spb mobile shell

can i get rid of the palm upd and palm playld?
    I had to ditch my 700wx for a Blackberry...
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStatus View Post
    I'm having a Storage Memory problem.. It says 63.0MB and 54.51MB being used.

ringtones saved on card,I've cleared my PIE cache, have e-mail attachments in my 4GB SD card, video and pictures get sent to my SD card, i have a few word and excel files saved to the main memory.. but i think i should have more free space

this is what i have loaded on to the main memory:
    Spb phone suite
    resco explores
    palm messaging
    TCPMP
    palm updinfo
    palm playldmatchdll
    spb weather
    google maps
    hidelogo
    spb diary
    spb mobile shell

can i get rid of the palm upd and palm playld?
    SPB does take a bit of memory, so for a couple of them you may want to look into alternatives (PhoneAlarm vs. PhoneSuite....). I would also move a couple to your card (I have resco and diary are on mine).

One other thing...do you use full songs for ringtones, or did you cut them down, or download 'real' ringtones? The reason I ask is a two parter. For one...unless you did a tweak to your device, ringtones are stored on the device (you may have them on your card, but once you designate them as a ringtone in the sound manager, they move to the device). Also...I used to have songs as ringtones, and had NO memory. I finally wizened up and used an editor to create ringtones...I freed up about 2/3 of my devices memory.

I know you may have thought of or done a few of these things, but that is from my experience!!!!

Good luck!!!!
    I haven't the foggiest idea what palm upd and palm playld are much less if you can remove them....sorry!!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    also, using UPX to decrease the size of some big DLLs might be a good idea.
    Just the other day - for the first time had a memory problem.
    I simply deleted all files in the /windows/messaging folder.
    Freed up 20 MB!!!!

I seems this has nothing to do with attachments. It's simply email that builds up.
    I keep getting this even though I've removed all programs that didn't originally come with the phone. I've deleted all mail and cleared IE cache.

The only thing I use my Treo now is for text messaging. Could this be the culprit? Every time I try to purge though, it just hangs up. I guess I can keep waiting to see if eventually it will finish purging. Is there a way to erase SMS messages without having to go through the Purge option in Messaging? Can I find the folder through File Explorer, select all, then delete?

Thanks!
    Sometimes when memory becomes such an issue that you can hardly do anything with it, a hard reset is a good option. That clears it up to like when it was brand new - you will lose everything on the unit itself. But since I use outlook, I resync it and all appts, contacts, notes, etc... is back. But then I have to reload my apps on it But at least I know I don't have a registry full of junk from before. That may help you too.