Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is out of beta and released. I never got a chance to try the beta but I am now trialing the full version. I am a huge Pocket Informant fan and have used it for years on WM devices, but was also a big fan of Agendus on my Treo 650.

So far, I'm not going to give up PI, but I am well impressed with Agendus on Day 1 - the wonderful ease of one-handed use is there, the look and feel is basic but friendly and easy to navigate.

I'll post some further thoughts as I get a few days good usage under my belt, but for right now, very impressed ...
    Anyone used Agendus on WM5 yet? I got an email from Agendus that it was released and I'm planning on checking it out. Just curious what any actual users (or beta testers) think/thought about it.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I'm interested in reading reviews as well... I'm using Agenda One from the developers of Agenda Fusion 8 and liking a lot so far.

Agenda One was developed to be used with one-hand navigation and that's what drew me to it.
  4.    #4  
    I've been using it for just aroudn 3 days now. Did not get a chance to try the beta, but so far the full version is good stuff. It seems solid (no hangs etc), fairly speedy, and nice to work with. I had used it before on a Treo 650, but have used Pocket Informant for years on Windows Mobile devices.

I don;t know if I'll 'switch' from PI to Agendus, but it is possible, and I will certainly keep trying it out some more. It is excellent for one-handed use and very simple to work with - much less complex to get to know than PI.

I'll be posting some thoughts on our site soon on getting to know the WM version of Agendus ....
    I've been using Agendus for Windows Mobile (AGWM) and think it's pretty good. The are working the kinks out, but it's more usable and faster than AgendaOne.
    Personally I am finding that these additional apps are adding steps to my dialing functions. I recently sold my 700W and now have an Ipaq 6925. An it seems that I have to take additional steps to do very basic functions. When I used Agendus for my 600 and 650, this was not an issue. I've used several different versions on the Palm OS so I had to try it on WM5. Not too certain that I am keeping it. The beta testing was horrible. And the released software initially wouldn't run on my PPC. I just downloaded the latest build of the production release and all seems fine. Not a memory hog like the beta versions.
    The early builds had issues...that's why it's called beta.

The current build is decent. I don't know about the dailing issue...I have no issues at all.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I'm actually pretty disappointed, so far. My wife has 11.1 Pro on her Treo 700P--which I love!

While I am glad Iambic brought the app to WM, there's such a huge difference between the two versions at this point.

Just to be clear, I certainly didn't expect that their first WM version would already be comparable to a POS product that's been evolving for years. But, that being said, I think it's more like Iambic Agendus Light at this point.

And, the square screen support on my 700Wx is weak. Surprising for a developer used to the Palm square screen platform--albeit 240x240, rather than 320x320.

Too few options to make things fit properly for visibility and function. And, no split week-view? Every other PIM add-on for WM has had that for ages. (PI, AF, A1, Birdsoft, etc.)

I installed the demo and uninstalled it after playing for about a half-hour.

I will be watching future versions, but for now, not even close to the competitors or certainly to it's own excellent POS version.
    Just MHO.
    I would agree that Agendus for Palm is the benchmark by which all PIMs are measured.

There are actually OS level issues within WM5 that prevents AGWM from looking exactly like the Palm version.

I think give it some time...they know the issues and will work to improve them.
    This app is still not ready for prime time. Agenda One is a safer bet for now.
    "I installed the demo and uninstalled it after playing for about a half-hour."

I did the same, then tried Agenda One for a week and bought it. Fast, one-handed use all the way and very well thought out for WM.
    Jer 23:29
    I am trying PocketBreeze since one week.
    it works extremely well for one-end use and is more customizable than Agenda-one.
    Agendus is not repliable yet.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVann View Post
    "I installed the demo and uninstalled it after playing for about a half-hour."

I did the same, then tried Agenda One for a week and bought it. Fast, one-handed use all the way and very well thought out for WM.
    I like A1, but was always a Pocket Informant user. I've been watching the public beta forum over at www.webis.net and it seems that Alex is really focusing on improving one-handed usage for PI, too. (He uses a Treo 700Wx.)

This can only be good news for us users.

And, I do hope that Agendus keeps improving the WM version so that it really compares to it's PalmOS version, which really would provide us with a nice option.
  14.    #14  
    Yeah, latest Rev3 beta looks good - a lot of nice little improvements on Contacts handling, a simple Today plugin, and so on ...

Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    I like A1, but was always a Pocket Informant user. I've been watching the public beta forum over at www.webis.net and it seems that Alex is really focusing on improving one-handed usage for PI, too. (He uses a Treo 700Wx.)

This can only be good news for us users.

And, I do hope that Agendus keeps improving the WM version so that it really compares to it's PalmOS version, which really would provide us with a nice option.
    I am looking for PI Rev 3 Beta, but could not locate it. Can you let me know where I can grab it?
  16.    #16  
    Sure - it's here:
    http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forum...howtopic=11019

Quote Originally Posted by claudioc66 View Post
    I am looking for PI Rev 3 Beta, but could not locate it. Can you let me know where I can grab it?
    I came from a Palm OS 680 and liked how you could set your appointment down to the :05 if you wanted. With my new 750 you only have the option of half hour intervals. Does PI or some other app allow you to do this?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Anyone still using Agendus able to give us an update on the newer builds and how it's performing on a longer-term basis?
    I'm still waiting for a week at a glance view--which it has in the POS version--before I could seriously consider using it over PI or AOne.
    Hi all I have install Agendus on my Palm 750V and Dopod D810
    it work fine on Dopod. but on Palm dammmm slow......
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I must say I just downloaded and bought the latest version of Agendus Professional. They've made great strides in refining how it looks on the Treo. Much "smoother" looking and usable.
    Still not 7-day and 5-day grid view, which is my favorite view on the Palm OS, but I think it's heading in the right direction fairly quickly since release.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast