Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    will this flash lock the device to vodaphone only?
    No, branding and locks are two separate things.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Quote Originally Posted by calico View Post
    - Flashed the Cingular ROM
    - Started the DesktopUpdater
    - modified the "payloads.xml"-file to include my carrier
    - Run the DesktopUpdater
    - Flashed the Vodaphone ROM from NL

good luck !
    This process worked. Thank you!!
    Once again, there's no way to just flash the VF ROM alone? I don't want to deal with the Cingular ROM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Once again, there's no way to just flash the VF ROM alone? I don't want to deal with the Cingular ROM.
    What do you mean by "ROM?" I flashed it via SD method and so far it has been great. Alarms every morning, etc.

The only things I had to do to make it "Cingular-friendly" were manually enter the network settings and SMS settings in the threaded app. And the vodafone ROM is pretty vanilla, much more plain than the Cingular ROM. No complaints here, and I have no intention of rolling back to the Cingular ROM anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TtOrMaMnY View Post
    NM.. I finally found the temp folder and edited the payloads.xml and works like a charm!! thanks guys!
    OK, found it.....now what do I change it to if I have a Cingular phone? Should I make it CNG?
    Last edited by moderateinny; 03/01/2007 at 10:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    OK, found it.....now what do I change it to if I have a Cingular phone? Should I make it CNG?
    Well I get have way through the update and once it reboots and tries to load the VdfUpdate_2.pks and failed.

So I guess I have to load the Cingular ROM - but where do I find that?
    So I see that there was a leaked Cingular ROM a couple of months ago but I cannot find anywhere to download it. Can someone PM me with a link or email it to me? Thanks.

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Thanks. Finally got it to work.

Now that it's done - can I restore from a full backup without screwing things up or do I have to reinstall everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    What do you mean by "ROM?" I flashed it via SD method and so far it has been great. Alarms every morning, etc.

The only things I had to do to make it "Cingular-friendly" were manually enter the network settings and SMS settings in the threaded app. And the vodafone ROM is pretty vanilla, much more plain than the Cingular ROM. No complaints here, and I have no intention of rolling back to the Cingular ROM anytime soon.
    SIGH! Maybe people are not understanding my question.

Someone gave directions about how to flash and they said to flash to the Cingular ROM first. Why is that necessary on a 750v? Can't we just flash directly to the VF ROM?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If you have a Vodaphone Treo and did not flash any ROM
    then you can go directly with the DesktopUpdater and then
    flash the ROM from Vodaphone-NL via MiniSD.

The DesktopUpdater is dated January 24
    The Vodaphone-NL ROM is dated February 7

If you got that sequence you wont have that problem:

Quote Originally Posted by bnycastro View Post
    uh oh i seem to be having trouble with the update [tried 3x and even updated to AS4.5] anyone getting this? note: data is intact and treo is working no probs. will try to fully charge the device and a hard reset and give the update another go.
    Can't we just flash directly to the VF ROM?
    Yes where's the problem ?

I suggest You to use the full rom image (the 64Mb one) and not the stupid desktopupdater or his partial image (the 16Mb one).

Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Thanks. Finally got it to work.

Now that it's done - can I restore from a full backup without screwing things up or do I have to reinstall everything?
    This is a good question, I think no one has a definitive answer.

I'm usually synk the phonebook only, and then I reinstall manually the programs. Maybe this is a unnecessary step, but following this way I'm 100% sure that the problems aren't coming from the restore.

Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    This is a good question, I think no one has a definitive answer.

I'm usually synk the phonebook only, and then I reinstall manually the programs. Maybe this is a unnecessary step, but following this way I'm 100% sure that the problems aren't coming from the restore.
    I just installed everything from scratch....which sucked. But it is safer and after all the cartwheels to get this upgraded I didn't want to ruin it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    SIGH! Maybe people are not understanding my question.

Someone gave directions about how to flash and they said to flash to the Cingular ROM first. Why is that necessary on a 750v? Can't we just flash directly to the VF ROM?
    Not true at all...

Just download the 64MB update, extract the nbh, copy to your sd card, and use that method. Quick and easy. Doesn't matter which ROM is on your device at this time.

Of course, it will hard reset your phone and you will have to start over, as is with any ROM update.

As far as syncing, I ALWAYS start over. No bakup restore! It takes less than an hour and its much safer than assuming there won't be any conflicts. I STRONGLY suggest reinstalling all applications...
    Well this stinks....since I've upgraded to 1.16 I can no longer see my 4GB mini SD card. I'm about to reformat it and try again, but interestinly enough, when I only did the NL ROM update and left 1.13 in place I swear I never "lost" the card.
    Well this stinks....since I've upgraded to 1.16 I can no longer see my 4GB mini SD card. I'm about to reformat it and try again, but interestinly enough, when I only did the NL ROM update and left 1.13 in place I swear I never "lost" the card.
    Nevermind....just figured out that my wonderfully cheap 4GB card I bought off EBay is dead. It cannot be seen by my laptop (with SD adapter) either.
    Quote Originally Posted by calico View Post
    - Flashed the Cingular ROM
    - Started the DesktopUpdater
    - modified the "payloads.xml"-file to include my carrier
    - Run the DesktopUpdater
    - Flashed the Vodaphone ROM from NL

good luck !
    For step 1: I tried to flash with the cingular rom (have a vodafone device), but when i copy the first nbf file (CheeDIAG.nbh) to the mini-sd the device remains stuck at "loading". If I try to use the second NBF (CHEEIMG.nbh) my device stays stuck at "serial".

If I try the desktopupdater directly i get the error after reboot... The mini sd version of the vodafone rom gives me version 1.15, but I'd like to try version 1.16. What should I do?
    Quote Originally Posted by deeperexistence View Post
    For step 1: I tried to flash with the cingular rom (have a vodafone device), but when i copy the first nbf file (CheeDIAG.nbh) to the mini-sd the device remains stuck at "loading". If I try to use the second NBF (CHEEIMG.nbh) my device stays stuck at "serial".

If I try the desktopupdater directly i get the error after reboot... The mini sd version of the vodafone rom gives me version 1.15, but I'd like to try version 1.16. What should I do?
    you dont need the cheediag.nbh. you only need to copy the CHEEIMG.nbh to card. make sure card is in fat32 format. once copied to card. hold the last button on left side of phone and do a softreset.. it should detect it from card and upgrade you
    Cane some wone tellme where can i find the dutch rom fore my palm treo 750v
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast