Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 181
  1. #141  
    Yes i tried the SD-method with the Cingular cheeimg.nbh and the cheeimg_VM_patch.nbh from NL.
    I think the desktopupdater doesn't work because of the carrier code VCF on my device.
    Now i found out, when starting the desktopupdater, there is a file "payloads.xml" in the
    temp-directory that seems to do some carrier and version-checking, checks for VFE,VFU,VCE.
    I will give it a try to modify this later today and run it, maybe this will work.
  2. #142  
    Strange, I 've updated the my phone from vodafone.it, back and forth with the cingular and the vodafone sw, w/o any problem.
    -------------------------------------------------

    Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  3. #143  
    But you originally had on of these carriers VFE,VFU,VCE ?
    My phone was originally a French Treo 750v.
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by calico View Post
    But you originally had on of these carriers VFE,VFU,VCE ?
    My phone was originally a French Treo 750v.

    VFI (Vodafone Italy)
    -------------------------------------------------

    Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  5. #145  
    Then it's really strange.
    Maybe my phone is no official Vodaphone version, was from a Swiss provider (sold as 750v),
    but has no Vodaphone logo neither on the front nor on the back.
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by calico View Post
    Yes i tried the SD-method with the Cingular cheeimg.nbh and the cheeimg_VM_patch.nbh from NL.
    I think the desktopupdater doesn't work because of the carrier code VCF on my device.
    Now i found out, when starting the desktopupdater, there is a file "payloads.xml" in the
    temp-directory that seems to do some carrier and version-checking, checks for VFE,VFU,VCE.
    I will give it a try to modify this later today and run it, maybe this will work.
    It worked !!

    Carrier code does not change, still VCF in my case,
    but version now TREO750-1.16-VCF !!
  7. ion++'s Avatar
    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by calico View Post
    It worked !!

    Carrier code does not change, still VCF in my case,
    but version now TREO750-1.16-VCF !!
    My code is TREO750-1.12-VFU

    What does VFU mean? and what happens if i flash with this upgrade? will it be locked to vodaphone?
  8. #148  
    I think the letters designate different regions, though I'm not sure. The 750v I got from the UK is 1.12-VFU. One I got from phonesourceusa who I think got theirs from Singapore was different, I think VFE, although I don't have it anymore to check.

    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    My code is TREO750-1.12-VFU

    What does VFU mean? and what happens if i flash with this upgrade? will it be locked to vodaphone?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by calico View Post
    It worked !!

    Carrier code does not change, still VCF in my case,
    but version now TREO750-1.16-VCF !!
    What did you do to get it to work?
  10. #150  
    I modified the "payloads.xml" file to include my carrier. It starts the update and runs through the first couple of steps, then on the phone I get package "VdfUpdate_2.pks" is not valid after it reboots. Any ideas?
  11. #151  
    so if i buy a cingular branded 750 ? this will basically rid me of all the cingular junk (using it on the t-mobile network) on the phone ?
  12. #152  
    how did you edit it?
  13. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by TtOrMaMnY View Post
    how did you edit it?

    I just right clicked on it and selected edit and put my carrier in with the others. Its the first line or so, I don't have it in front of me at the moment.
  14. #154  
    hrmm im confused.. did you edit the EXE or did you extract the exe? i was able to edit after i extracted the exe but now I dont know how to convert it back to exe or load it like that,
    Last edited by TtOrMaMnY; 02/27/2007 at 10:49 PM.
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazorax View Post
    I modified the "payloads.xml" file to include my carrier. It starts the update and runs through the first couple of steps, then on the phone I get package "VdfUpdate_2.pks" is not valid after it reboots. Any ideas?
    - Flashed the Cingular ROM
    - Started the DesktopUpdater
    - modified the "payloads.xml"-file to include my carrier
    - Run the DesktopUpdater
    - Flashed the Vodaphone ROM from NL

    good luck !
  16. #156  
    Why does anyone with a 750v need to flash the 750c ROM first?? Why doesn't just flashing the 750v ROM alone work?

    I'm still confused about this.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  17. #157  
    Simply I flashed the my treo because the cingular rom was about 3 monts youngher than the original vodafone.

    When the new vodafon rom was available I've flashed the phone again.

    Then I flashed back to cingular to do some comparison in the worst treo functionality (the DUN function), now I'm back to vodafone.
    -------------------------------------------------

    Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by calico View Post
    - Flashed the Cingular ROM
    - Started the DesktopUpdater
    - modified the "payloads.xml"-file to include my carrier
    - Run the DesktopUpdater
    - Flashed the Vodaphone ROM from NL

    good luck !
    NM.. I finally found the temp folder and edited the payloads.xml and works like a charm!! thanks guys!
    Last edited by TtOrMaMnY; 02/28/2007 at 08:06 AM.
  19. #159  
    Oh My God I Finally Found The Damn Temp Folder!! Hahah!
  20. ion++'s Avatar
    Posts
    299 Posts
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    #160  
    will this flash lock the device to vodaphone only?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions