Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    I m really waiting for a working and stable DUN, because w/o this function the value of the treo 750 is almost zero.

What is the point on having an UMTS (Or HSDPA) phone if it is not usable as a DUN modem ?
    good point. maybe if the hsdpa update comes with aku 3 it will be easier? I tried aku3 on my Exec and it was easier to use for DUN [over BT though not over usb].
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    yea i made a post about the CID. hopefully someone was able to do it!
    I tried aku3 on my Exec and it was easier to use for DUN [over BT though not over usb].
    I don't have any difficult in configuring the DUN (in 10 year I've never be connected to the internet via a wire) simply the DUN of the treo is unreliable.

It works better via BT than via USB but is still the worst umts modem I ever tried.

I'm shure that the DUN problems are not HW related (the samsung sgh z560 has the same chipset of the treo and works perfectly) nor WM related.

I'ts is the phone firmware that is crap, as usual for a palm phone.

The treo 650 was start working after one year of FW upgrades, I hope don't happen the same with the 750.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Quote Originally Posted by bnycastro View Post
    SIM unlock and CID unlock are different. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $CID$ $is$ $for$ $the$ $ROM$, $if$ $the$ $device$ $is$ $CID$ $unlocked$ $you$ $can$ $use$ $different$ $ROMs$ $for$ $the$ $same$ $device$. $For$ $ex$.: $O2$ $XDA$ $Exec$ [$HTC$ $Universal$] $can$ $be$ $loaded$ $with$ $Dopod$ $900$ $ROM$ $or$ $imate$ $JasJar$ $ROM$ $or$ $Custom$ $ROMs$. $Maybe$ $you$ $can$ $ask$ $the$ $one$ $who$ $SIM$ $unlocked$ $your$ $device$ $if$ $CID$ $is$ $also$ $unlocked$?
    I can't tell if my phone is CID unlocked. All I know for sure is it's SIM unlocked. I'm assuming I can load a VF ROM update on it though, since it's definitely a Vodafone.

I'm still nervous about trying the SD card update. It was removed so fast, is it a beta update? And it didn't seem to appear on the UK site.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Well if it makes you feel any more comfortable, I've done the SD Update on my UK Unlocked Vodaphone 750v and I'm now running a totally unbranded version with AKU 2.6

Not going to bother with the desktop updater as it seems it only update the Phone Software Version to 1.6 ( mine is currently 1.2 ). I'm assuming the phone version is the branded software/apps part of the firmware and as mine is now totally unbraned see little point changing that.

Si
    Is the gray VF theme still on there?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Is the gray VF theme still on there?
    if your asking me, can you tell me what it's name is

I have
    Business
    Indigo
    Guava Bubbles
    Windows Default

I think thats the ones I have that I haven't installed

Si
    Business is the one! Thanks!

Business is the one! Thanks!
    Thats not a Vodaphone one. I've just changed to it and it doesn't have any vodaphone branding on at all....is it a standard palm one ?

Si
    It only appeared on VF phones, didn't it? Does Cingular have it too?

LOL, I guess were going to have to wait for someone with the Cingular Firmware to answer that one

I don't have anything else with Vodaphone on it, no reg entries, no connections, no slash screens...The only thing I did have was a shortcut in programs to configure e-mail that was actually a shortcut/url to Vodaphones website

Maybe thats the reason the firmware upgrade was pulled as it didn't have this other pgk file that the desktop updater comes with

Si
    The Cingular 750 doesn't have the business theme. But you can just load into the \Windows directory and it works fine.

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I've tried running the update executable and was told that only Treo 750vs are supported... which is what I have. I've run the flash card install of the old Cingular rom without problems... any ideas on why I'm getting this error?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    The first of the two links.

Unpack the rar file. Take the file inside ( CHEEIMG_VM_Patch.nbh ) rename it as CHEEIMG.nbh.

Put this file in the root directory of the SD.

Insert the SD in the phone and press both the media key (the one below the volume rocker) and the reset button.

You will get the rainbow screen and then a grey screen, confirm with the red button and the update starts.

The SD must be formatted in fat32.
    @Solutor
    I followed your instruction nad now my 750V got rainbow screen and grey in the bottom. In grey area there is a word of "Serial".
    I push the Red button but nothing happened.
    Is there something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by tonsud View Post
    @Solutor
    I followed your instruction nad now my 750V got rainbow screen and grey in the bottom. In grey area there is a word of "Serial".
    I push the Red button but nothing happened.
    Is there something wrong?
    I previously had the same issue when I formatted my memory card with a Mac. When I reformatted the same card with Windows XP it flashed flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by marsonist View Post
    I previously had the same issue when I formatted my memory card with a Mac. When I reformatted the same card with Windows XP it flashed flawlessly.
    Thanks marsonist
    But I formatted my card with XP.....
    Quote Originally Posted by bnycastro View Post
    Ok here's what I did. I flashed the Cingular [10-21-2006] ROM via miniSD then, I used the 1.16 Automatic Updater, then I flashed with the Vodafone NL ROM via miniSD [02-15-2007]. Now I have the same About>Phone as hagenuk.
    Question. Is this step really necessary if you have a 750v?Can I just install the VF update alone?

I just flashed my Vodafone New Zealand 750v with this. Haven't noticed any changes as yet - my main issue was Bluetooth and my car screwing up from time to time, so hopefully this might help it a bit.

Previous Build was 14959.2.3.2 and the firmware was 1.12.0a.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by TtOrMaMnY View Post
    CASTRO.. Clarification. you flashed the phone back to the cingular rom using minisd. then you used the automatic updater? when i do it using automatic updater it says my phone is unsupported?
    Same here:

I can flash my Treo 750v to Cingular or Vodaphone-NL ROM but when i try the automatic updater it says my phone is not supported.
    I even tried to flash the nbh-files in the updater via MiniSD. Update runs, success, but no change.
    My software version is still TREO750-1.12-VCF.
    Any hints what i can try further ?
    Quote Originally Posted by calico View Post
    Same here:

I can flash my Treo 750v to Cingular or Vodaphone-NL ROM but when i try the automatic updater it says my phone is not supported.
    I even tried to flash the nbh-files in the updater via MiniSD. Update runs, success, but no change.
    My software version is still TREO750-1.12-VCF.
    Any hints what i can try further ?
    Have you tried the full updater too ?
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast