Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Yes, I trying it now. I had to install Resco Explorer and use that to format the card to get the install to work.

Update: Bluetooth still stinks, same old bugs.
    Last edited by bcaslis; 02/16/2007 at 12:52 AM.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Ok, that makes a big difference. I need to get a new card, as I dont want to erase what I have on this one. I dont use backup for my card I think Ill wait to see what bcalis has to say about this update.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Make sure you format the storage card, and that is the ONLY file on the card. No folders, nada. Make sure the file name is right also...
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    I have just finished this update but can't see any difference with the previous version :-(. It seems to have quicker response but thats it ...

Software Version: TREO750-1.15-VFE
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware Version: 1.12.0c.00
    Quote Originally Posted by fbmg View Post
    I have just finished this update but can't see any difference with the previous version :-(. It seems to have quicker response but thats it ...

Software Version: TREO750-1.15-VFE
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware Version: 1.12.0c.00
    Most devices seem quick right after a clean update. Use it for a couple of days, install some programs, then let us know about performance.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    The update is not available anymore on the vodafone website ????

http://www.vodafone.nl/grootzakelijk...kBerry/Support

The link is gone on the webpage but if you use this link you can download it anyway ?
    http://www.vodafone.nl/Vodafone/soft...50v_update.zip
    Well I've done it and think I'm seeing some improvement.

So far ( less than an hour ) I'm finding when the network changes from 3G (U) to GSM it happens instantly where as before it used to drop the connection completely ( for both voice and data ) then re-search and then reconnect.

Also from the Bluetooth/Car issues, before when my treo went to sleep, it dropped the bluetooth connection and turned bluetooth off ( or crashed bluetooth ) but now it's drops the connection then keeps reconnecting every few minutes. Still not perfect but an improvement IMHO ( I have an 2007 Audi Q7 BTW )

Si
    How do you format the minSD?
    Stuck the miniSD card in my Vista laptop and formated it with Fat32

Si
    Yes, but even when it shows connected, if you try to make a call it just sends the Treo into a loop. Functionally it's the same, it doesn't work.

I've been trying a Motorola Q for the past few days and it's bluetooth works so well it brings tears to the eyes. It just works everytime. In fact I downloaded the Treo update to my laptop via the Q tethering via bluetooth. 42MB in about 20 minutes worked perfectly. This would never have worked with the Treo, it's bluetooth link to the laptop constantly stops transmitting data after a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigladUK View Post
    Well I've done it and think I'm seeing some improvement.

So far ( less than an hour ) I'm finding when the network changes from 3G (U) to GSM it happens instantly where as before it used to drop the connection completely ( for both voice and data ) then re-search and then reconnect.

Also from the Bluetooth/Car issues, before when my treo went to sleep, it dropped the bluetooth connection and turned bluetooth off ( or crashed bluetooth ) but now it's drops the connection then keeps reconnecting every few minutes. Still not perfect but an improvement IMHO ( I have an 2007 Audi Q7 BTW )

Si
    Anyone try Voice Command yet and see if the sound still dies after awhile? Or if the MiniSD stops working after awhile?
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Yes, but even when it shows connected, if you try to make a call it just sends the Treo into a loop. Functionally it's the same, it doesn't work.
    Not true with my Audi (maybe true with your BMW), whilst it's connected I can happily make and receive calls.

Like I said, not perfect but better.

Is the Q a smartphone that that don't have a touch screen or Wi-Fi ?

Si
    Quote Originally Posted by fbmg View Post
    The update is not available anymore on the vodafone website ????

http://www.vodafone.nl/grootzakelijk...kBerry/Support

The link is gone on the webpage but if you use this link you can download it anyway ?
    http://www.vodafone.nl/Vodafone/soft...50v_update.zip
    I wonder if they put up the wrong update? It seems wierd to me you have to rename the .nbh file to get it to work. When Verizon released an update for the 700w, there was a full update tool that processed the update.
    Just my thoughts... If you are using a Cingular branded Treo 750, I would not install any updates until it has been released for your phone in-particular. In your haste to have the latest and greatest, you will most likely cause more harm then good. Im sure an update will be released soon for our US 750's and until then I would stay clear of anything else.

I only speak from my personal past experience. A few years back, I did an update (Like this one) that was for the "same" phone released overseas. Worked fine for a few weeks until I realized I was missing half my SMS messages. The settings for the GSM radio/driver were different enough to cause the the phone to loose SMS functions off and on every 20 seconds. Was lucky enough I backed up the previous ROM file and was able to restore.

Just a warning to the wise... Still like hearing what the guinea pigs are finding!

I've been trying a Motorola Q for the past few days and it's bluetooth works so well it brings tears to the eyes. It just works everytime. In fact I downloaded the Treo update to my laptop via the Q tethering via bluetooth. 42MB in about 20 minutes worked perfectly. This would never have worked with the Treo, it's bluetooth link to the laptop constantly stops transmitting data after a few minutes.
    A GSM Q? Don't tell me you're trying another CARRIER also!

I just got me a blackjack to try out for a few weeks. So far so good, and under the BT registry there is a COMPLETE FOLDER CALLED BMW CARKIT! You might want to try that before changing carriers, plus batery life is much better than the q
    I have a CINGULAR treo and I install the update. Everything seems fine to me.I do ALOT and I mean ALOT of SMS and email on the phone and so far I have received everyone of them.
    Yes, the Q is a smartphone, no touch screen, no wifi.

Don't need wifi, I have a laptop with it. And the wifi card for the Treo is very unstable, not usable at all in my opinion.

Who needs a touch screen if one-handed access works well. I'm finding a number of things that work better on the Q than the Treo to my surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by BigladUK View Post
    Not true with my Audi (maybe true with your BMW), whilst it's connected I can happily make and receive calls.

Like I said, not perfect but better.

Is the Q a smartphone that that don't have a touch screen or Wi-Fi ?

Si
    Q isn't on GSM yet, so yes it's Verizon. Yes, I'm desperate enough to try another carrier to get the functions I need working.

I'm surprised about the folder on the blackjack. Really? I've read about people reporting problems with it's bluetooth. If the bluetooth worked it would be worth checking out. The thing about the Q is that Motorola has already done two major firmware updates since it's release. It works much better than when I looked at it back in June. I'm very impressed with the improvements they have done. If they release the just announced Q9 on Cingular, I think it will toast any Treo.

Apologies for non-Treo comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    A GSM Q? Don't tell me you're trying another CARRIER also!

I just got me a blackjack to try out for a few weeks. So far so good, and under the BT registry there is a COMPLETE FOLDER CALLED BMW CARKIT! You might want to try that before changing carriers, plus batery life is much better than the q
    Yes, the Q is a smartphone, no touch screen, no wifi.

Don't need wifi, I have a laptop with it. And the wifi card for the Treo is very unstable, not usable at all in my opinion.

Who needs a touch screen if one-handed access works well. I'm finding a number of things that work better on the Q than the Treo to my surprise.
    I picked up a Blackjack earlier this week and to my surpise (like yours) it is a very intituitive device. Very easyto use and some functions work better then the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by TtOrMaMnY View Post
    I have a CINGULAR treo and I install the update. Everything seems fine to me.I do ALOT and I mean ALOT of SMS and email on the phone and so far I have received everyone of them.
    Im not saying you are going to have the same issues I had on a phone TWO YEARS ago. Also, you may not notice any problems until... Im just saying be warned and do a Rom Backup before upgrading, which im sure you did... Just be aware when you have issues with your device from now on, no one can truly support you or your phone as it no longer is the device others are running and no telling if its your unsupported rom update or 3rd party software or hardware.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    OK, upgrade successful, let's see how she responds.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast