Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Yes, US english is included, and it is asked in the initial startup of the device after initial boot. It is AKU 2.6 also, confirmed...

BTW- I have found aku 2.6 on other phones to be more reliable with alarms/wakeup, so anyone who is having these problems you may want to try this. Or just wait until I report how good it is lol
    So is this update on Palm's European site? Is it official?
    Hmm, have any german cars you can test the bluetooth with?

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Yes, US english is included, and it is asked in the initial startup of the device after initial boot. It is AKU 2.6 also, confirmed...

BTW- I have found aku 2.6 on other phones to be more reliable with alarms/wakeup, so anyone who is having these problems you may want to try this. Or just wait until I report how good it is lol
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    For a Vodafone UK unit I have (unlocked)

Software Version TREO750-1.15VFE
    Firmware: 1.12.0a.00
    OS Version: 5.1.195
    Build 14959.2.3.2
    I've got the same firmware, OS & build here......anyone that's got the same can you verify if we actually benefit from this "upgrade"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz101 View Post
    I've got the same firmware, OS & build here......anyone that's got the same can you verify if we actually benefit from this "upgrade"?
    Of course, its meant for your device.

Probably just has some bug fixes, and stuff like that. You may want to wait until its "official," but I never say no to firmware upgrades

Bcaslis- sorry I do not LOL.
    ya i like this version alot better. it seems to run a little bit smoother. before on my old cingular version when someone calls me it will ring like 3-4 times on their side before my phone would alert incoming call
    Quote Originally Posted by TtOrMaMnY View Post
    ya i like this version alot better. it seems to run a little bit smoother. before on my old cingular version when someone calls me it will ring like 3-4 times on their side before my phone would alert incoming call
    Enable voice command and see if this is still true...
    Thanks LP!

OK, one last question. Anyone know why this is only on the NL site? If it has all languages, it would be an update, right? Should I wait until it appears on all Vodafone sites? Or even the Palm site?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If igt is on the NL vodaphone site, then go for it. If its on some NL forum, I'd wait if your worried about "officiality." Is that a word?

Anyway, the ROM seems quick, but d=so did the other one after a hard reset. But I know from experience that 2.6 is a bit snappier than 2.3. I think this may be a good in-between until they release the CONFIRMED crossbow update
    The 750 I just got through Amazon.com:

Software Version: TREO750-1.13-CNG
    Firmware Version: 1.17.20.00
    Microsoft Windows Mobile version 5.0
    OS 5.1.195 (Build 14959.2.3.2)

Very snappy compared to the first 750 I got from them (which I returned due to some dead pixels, sluggish performance).

Is mine the same AKU version in this latest NL update?
    might be a stupid question. but once you upgrade, can you simply restore a Sprite-backup on top of the upgraded/wiped phone? got tons of apps and dont feel like reinstalling and re-registering all.

will a restore work?

thanks.
    And where exactly is the confirmed WM6 upgrade? I've looked at the statement on the Palm website and it does not say this. It only says they plan to work with Microsoft.

First the lastest statement is from MSMobiles, hardly an authority. Secondly, all the statement really says is "keep buying our stuff we will/probably/might have upgrades in the future. Trust us."

Yeah, right.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    If igt is on the NL vodaphone site, then go for it. If its on some NL forum, I'd wait if your worried about "officiality." Is that a word?

Anyway, the ROM seems quick, but d=so did the other one after a hard reset. But I know from experience that 2.6 is a bit snappier than 2.3. I think this may be a good in-between until they release the CONFIRMED crossbow update
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Am not noticing any diff between the AKU 2.3 I had on before the update. Still too early to judge maybe. I've just reloaded all my apps and data. of course everything is snappy after a fresh install.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Oh and I can't see anything about Blackberry on my 750v? Am I missing something or did the one who posted about BB assume that BB was added because the update was posted near the BB updates?
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    I tired these instructions and all I ended up doing is a hard reset

I assume that in order to install a ROM update off the storage card file, I need to do some sequence of keys, but this is confusing.

Does Reset in this case mean the "Reset" we do with our Stylus in the storage card area?
    I assume red button means the End Button?

What I see on the screen are 4 bars, Red, Greeen Blue and White
    Red Bar says Palm Tr
    IP-0.20

Green Bar says Palm Tr
    SPL-o.18.000

White bar says "Serial"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    http://www.vodafone.nl/Vodafone/soft...50v_update.zip

Instructions:

1. Unpack, rename to ‘CHEEIMG.nbh’ and copy to root of MiniSD card
    2. Press ‘reset’ button while keeping media button pressed.
    3. Push red button for upgrade
    4. Install starts, make sure Treo is charged and attached to charger
    5. After the install (30 to 60 minuten) perform “hard reset’ by pressing ‘red/power’ toets and reset button simultaneously
    6. Treo will ask for confirmation for hard reset, acknowledge by selecting d-pad up ...
    7. Upgrade is complete after reboot:

FYI: Screen will turn black during upgrade. Do not panick, and count 30 minutes, it does work fine ...

PS This update does not contain the HSDPA patch ...
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    You have to rename the file to the exact instruction, or it will not recognize it
    press and hold the PTT button [aka Media button] then insert stylus into soft reset hole hold it in until you are prompted to press the Power button.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Hm, not working. By PTT I guess you mean the lower side button on the left side of the device? When I press that WM Player comes up.

When holding that, and pressing the reset, I get that screen with the 4 bars again, no Power?

Quote Originally Posted by bnycastro View Post
    press and hold the PTT button [aka Media button] then insert stylus into soft reset hole hold it in until you are prompted to press the Power button.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    yep that's the one. that's odd my device went to the 4 color screen then prompted me to hit power to start the update.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Make sure you format the storage card, and that is the ONLY file on the card. No folders, nada. Make sure the file name is right also...
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast