Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I'm having a problem receiving files (contacts, notes, docs, etc.) via either Bluetooth or Infrared. I can send files without a problem but cannot receive any (the sender receives a "failed" message). I had 2 different people try to send me a contact and both of them were unable to do so; therefore, I think I've eliminated any chance that the problem is with the sender.

Before anyone asks, I'm 100% sure I had my Bluetooth set to "discoverable" at the time so that's not the problem.

I did do the DST fix posted so I'm wondering if maybe that screwed something up. Not sure if there's a way to check that though. Anyone else who did that fix having the same problem?
    well, discoverable doesn't affect this. do you have 'receive all incoming beams' checked in the 'beam' section of the connections tab under settings?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    well, discoverable doesn't affect this. do you have 'receive all incoming beams' checked in the 'beam' section of the connections tab under settings?
    That did it! Why on earth would that setting change on its own though? I know for a fact that I've received files in the past with no problems and I definitely did not go in and disable that option. I swear this phone has a mind of its own - the Bluetooth setting randomly turns itself off too so I guess this beam setting must be doing the same thing.
    yeah, for some reason mine never stays checked either, so I have all my phonealarm profiles with 'ir receive' set to on, so that i have it on as much as i can.