1.    #1  
    Hello All,

I have been a happy 650 owner since its came, and have recently decided to go over to the 700w. The only hesitation is re signing up with a contract with Verizon. I have noticed some decent deals on Ebay but wanted to know how many of you have purchased your 700w off of Ebay and if everything went ok? Any opinions welcomed, Thank You...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I got the 700wx (for Sprint) off ebay. I did this because I wanted someone else to eat the 2yr subsidy, so I can still get a new phone for free (or discounted) from Sprint and I didn't have to renew my contract to activate the phone. I know the same thing works for Verizon. I made sure that the phone was used and had been activated already--that's the key part. Most of the ebay phones I saw were unactivated and therefore would require a new 2-yr commitment (equivalent to buying the phone in the store). The person offered to give me the ESN to verify with Sprint as clear, but based on their ebay feedback I determined that I trusted them. They weren't dumping phones, it was simply a clothing seller who ended up not liking the phone because it was too complicated.

Other than a small, unmentioned scratch in the screen, everything went through perfectly and I still have no contract and my phone subsidy to spend another time.

FYI, I paid $300 for a phone that was about 1-2 months old.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Heh... funny story

I bought my Treo 700w off eBay with no problems, and activated it with Verizon. I wasn't under warranty... which worried me... and was careful in case i busted something. Well, It did. The earpiece decided to not work at all. Just to see, I called Verizon's 9220204 tech support number and told them everything about my problem and a little as I could about where I got it. Well, my new phone came in the mail the next morning. Brand spankin new, and I didn't even pay close to the new retail price I would've had to...
    LongLivePalm
    If you're a good customer (pay the bill on time, been with them long, etc.) then just call retentions and ask them if they can help you on a new one. I'm with Sprint and told Retentions my work required me to change to a PDA. I asked nicely if they could help me out with a price. In the end I got a 700wx brand new for $249 + $12 for overnight shipping. I'm in sales myself so I know how to deal with people real well. Give it a shot.
    Gee, got my treo 700wx free from sprint.
    just told them i wanted to cancel my account (2yrs) and that i saw a treo 700 on ebay for .99 cents with activation.
    I got my brand new 700wx off eBay for $320 after shipping.
    I bought mine on eBay from a cellular seller. I got the phone and keyboard did not work most of the time, some keys didn't even work. I emailed the guy and he kindly replaced the phone with one that looked brand new, although in a different box. I've beening using the phone for over 4 months now without a problem.
    SOLD my 700W on eBay. The guy loved it. I recently let it go for the IPAQ 6925. I don't miss it at all. I guess there's a risk level with all auctions. I try not to bid on items where the seller has negative feedback and I generally don't sell to them either. If the seller has several auctions with positive feedback, why not!

I sold mine for $255.00. I got it the day it was release last year. It's condition was 9 out of 10. I thought it was a fair price.
    Quote Originally Posted by aetherion View Post
    I got the 700wx (for Sprint) off ebay. I did this because I wanted someone else to eat the 2yr subsidy, so I can still get a new phone for free (or discounted) from Sprint and I didn't have to renew my contract to activate the phone. I know the same thing works for Verizon. I made sure that the phone was used and had been activated already--that's the key part. Most of the ebay phones I saw were unactivated and therefore would require a new 2-yr commitment (equivalent to buying the phone in the store).
    Uh, Aetherion, you couldn't be more wrong. The 2yr commitment is only required for phones that are sold that way; just like Sprint, a lot of dealers cell phones on Ebay for cheap, under the pretense that the buyer purchases a new service plan. Usually you'll see the phones for anywhere from a dollar to 150 when this is the case; and the auctions clearly say you'll be required to purchase new service. However, if a seller is selling a handset New in Box and full price (or near it, I paid 375 for my Treo 700wx off of Ebay which was new), you just call Sprint and activate it (as long as the ESN is clean). You won't be required to extend your contract, pay anything extra, etc.

So to wrap this up, just read the auction. If it says you have to purchase a new service plan to buy the phone at that price, that's the case. However, if it doesn't say that (and the phone is usually much more expensive), they are just selling you a new phone, which doesn't have any extra commitments.
    I got my 700wx off eBay for $200 October or November of last year. It was stuck at the login screen. Brought it into a Sprint store and got it replaced free, so I got a sweet deal on mine.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Free 700wx on ebay. $100 rebate coming. Everything is working fine. Can't complain...