1.    #1  
    this is just copied from ppcgeeks. i felt posting it here as well could help the cause.

even though we have no custom rom for the 700w/wx, i'm sure many would like to see one. in fact many may have already installed one of these custom roms on another device. xda-developers makes most of the roms and has them availible for use to download. microsoft is asking them to take them down.

please help, cody

quote for ppcgeeks...Just quoting what Helmi_C posted. If you like your Custom ROMs and want more, more upgrades, more development........than PLEASE sign this petition to help save XDA and all others. So that we may be able to post our Customs so that the masses can download. Thanks for the help and support!
    ~Mike

link to the petition... http://www.petitiononline.com/xdadevs/petition.html

please reply to this thread, after you sign petition, to keep in on the front page.
    Signed!
    Done
    Signed
    #657 here...Done
  6.    #6  
    wow, as of right now there have been 77 that viewed this thread and only 4 people signed. what wrong with you people?
    Whats Wrong? hmm
    I think it may have to do on how much hard work XDA has done for the 700series owners which is very little.
    What the members of this forum need to understand is that XDA very very important to every PPC owner and must not be denied the right to better the users WM OS experience
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Whats Wrong? hmm
    I think it may have to do on how much hard work XDA has done for the 700series owners which is very little.
    What the members of this forum need to understand is that XDA very very important to every PPC owner and must not be denied the right to better the users WM OS experience

well since xda-developers are 99% gsm users, and since niether the 700w or wx came out on the gsm, it not there fault. thay didn't have much to work with.

may i remind everyone that the palm threaded sms app that the w/wx users all have on there phones came from xda-developers. the lone ranger was the first to give it to us. yes hannip was on the job, but not the one who got it working. hannip did continue the work with beta 2-4.
    signed
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    may i remind everyone that the palm threaded sms app that the w/wx users all have on there phones came from xda-developers. the lone ranger was the first to give it to us. yes hannip was on the job, but not the one who got it working. hannip did continue the work with beta 2-4.
    That just reminds me of how quick they were to take that for themselves. Nice to see they care about Palm only when it suits them.
    When it comes to 99% you are very well correct.when it came to 700series owners asking for help related to wm5 in xda 99% of the time there was no help given.I am not trying to burn XDA yet not make excuses for the help not given.
    MEMEBER XDA
    TB_TB_TB_
    LEDUP program he built gave us led alert working with mortscript.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #1024....signed.
    lets not forget hannip made it work for us bringing mortscript to treocentrals attention building a script utilizing ledup.Why don't we vote hannip treocentral MVP.
    We then had malatesta dig into the keylight values in which I'm sure-yet not speaking for him may have very well went into XDA to get help with toggle.Bruce at PM ended up helping the 700series owners first.
    The bottom line XDA has not been a great friend to us but they need are support.So let sign the petition.
    1046 here. we need more people onboard.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    1121....we're gettin' there.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    One thing I've never understood about the XDA guys is why they are unable to work on CDMA devices. Surely they're not re-writing the radio stack...?
    Signed. Turning off error reporting until further notice as well.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    One thing I've never understood about the XDA guys is why they are unable to work on CDMA devices. Surely they're not re-writing the radio stack...?
    Those edge speeds-There bitter