1.    #1  
    ive had my treo for awhile now but im getting bored... i usually switch phones 3 times a year!! is there anything i can do to add some programs to gain some more use out of this phone?

i dont want to to switch i wanna keep this phone it is by far the best one ive had coming from nextel blackberrys....

any like free poker games or money managing software or anything!?!?

it seems like everythign costs 40 bucks or more!?

help me out guys i just wanna download some apps games and programs how do i do it?!?
    search is your friend
    you've got mail
    Quote Originally Posted by yonkers143 View Post
    ive had my treo for awhile now but im getting bored... i usually switch phones 3 times a year!! is there anything i can do to add some programs to gain some more use out of this phone?
    • Aleph Stock Qutoes
    • GPS Navigation - iGuidance
    • Google Maps
    • 4Smartphone.net - eliminates Activesync for PIM sync
    weather panel is another. a person could spend a lot of time customizing the layouts. fun too.

or rss readers, or better yet get a slingbox.
    There's only several thousands of applications to keep you busy.
  7.    #7  
    tha doesnt help me... even if i do a search under free apps nothing.. i need specific names of apps that are for free or games i can download .. im not as advanced as most of you and i and others can benefit from this..
    try Motogear. Game, supports square res and is pretty fun. I gave up trying to find games for this thing, few are supported and I've really yet to hit gold on any super fun ones (I'm not a puzzler, card games type of gamer, so YMMV)
    tha doesnt help me... even if i do a search under free apps nothing.. i need specific names of apps that are for free or games i can download .. im not as advanced as most of you and i and others can benefit from this..
    I think your first inclination is the right way to go here. Time to switch phones. The Helio is likely up your alley.
    try reading the faq and suggested threads which are stickied up top. your questions would have been answered there.

try google: ppc freeware, wm5 freeware, shareware, etc. there are several sites that have lots of freeware to cover an endless range of activities

try searching here for "must have" programs.

the following are all free and provide quite a bit of utility.
    windowslive - searching & maps
    googlemaps - searching & maps
    weather panel - weather
    tcpmp - media
    wm5torage - turns your 700 into a usb card reader
    sprite backup - backup
    sirius wm5 - streams sirius sat radio if you have an acct
    total commander - good file browser and registry editor
    realone player - media
    keylight - turns off the key light
    hidelogo - gains screen space by hiding the carrier info on top
    directory assistance - info finder
    dictmgr - allows easy edits & changes to pop-up word suggestion
    adobe reader - so you can view pdf files
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Microsoft just released a free game - 9 hole golf... pretty fun - memory hog, but nonetheless, free and entertaining! You need to have a MS Passport logon, take a brief survey and boom!!! it's free for download! Try HERE

PS: I just checked the developer's website and this game retails for $17.95... nice deal!
    Last edited by briguy73; 02/15/2007 at 05:34 PM. Reason: added reference pricing
    Gameboy Advance emulator. I only use it for Tetris (rom) I got from Google.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...boy-v1-21.html
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    HACK THE PHONE!!! Find good tweaks, change the configuration, understand what makes the phone work... file your findings here... Forget all the apps and such, make your phone do things it's not supposed to do... then you won't get bored...
    Anyone know a good alarm clock with a snooze button? Or better yet a good mp3 alarm clock with snooze? (Mp3 would be nice but not necessary
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
    HACK THE PHONE!!! Find good tweaks, change the configuration, understand what makes the phone work... file your findings here... Forget all the apps and such, make your phone do things it's not supposed to do... then you won't get bored...
    Amen my brother
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I think your first inclination is the right way to go here. Time to switch phones. The Helio is likely up your alley.