Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I have the 680 now on Cingular and just ordered the 750 from the Premier website. I assume I can use the Media Max 200 (or is it Media Net 200) that I use with my 680 on the 750 as well? Also, can I just hotsync the 750 to my Palm desktop manager to get all of my info on the new 750 or will this cause me potential problems? Also, I guess I'll have to get a 3G SIM card which means I won't be able to just pop in my old SIM and go.
    Last edited by gadgetjunkies; 02/24/2007 at 07:31 PM.
    I'm sorry. I'm clueless on those matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetjunkies View Post
    I have the 680 now on Cingular and just ordered the 750 from the Premier website. I assume I can use the Media Max 200 (or is it Media Net 200) that I use with my 680 on the 750 as well? Also, can I just hotsync the 750 to my Palm desktop manager to get all of my info on the new 750 or will this cause me potential problems? Also, I guess I'll have to get a 3G SIM card which means I won't be able to just pop in my old SIM and go.
    You can use the same SIM, but ATT should be able to give you a new 3G SIM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You can use the same SIM, but ATT should be able to give you a new 3G SIM.
    Will I get the 3G speed with the older SIM?
    The U appears on my 750, but since I don't use data that much, I didn't check the speed. But it does seem that it uses UMTS as the default for phone calls.

Hopefully someone else can help you in terms of data.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #66  
    Last question for those who use the 750....

You swear that it's more stable than the Palm OS? My 680 locked up three times today. Once while checking email, once while turning on the web browser and once while turning on the phone.

Driving me nuts.
    I think it seems more stable. But then again, I've never had anywhere near the amount of lockups you are having with your 680. Instead, I had problems with the BT stack that drove me nuts. The 750 BT stack seems pretty solid so far...but the 750 isn't bullet proof so don't set your expectations too high as I've had to restart my 750 more than once as I experiment with apps and customizing it to my liking. It should be better than what you are experiencing with your particular 680 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop View Post
    Last question for those who use the 750....

You swear that it's more stable than the Palm OS? My 680 locked up three times today. Once while checking email, once while turning on the web browser and once while turning on the phone.

Driving me nuts.
    When it locks up. Will it come back if you leave it alone for a little bit? The guy at the palm store mentioned that sometimes it goes out to lunch, but if you're just patient with it it'll come back after like 10 or 15 seconds.

After almost 2 months with the Treo 750 my wife has pretty much decided she just doesn't like WM5 and wants to go back to Palm OS (Former Treo 600 and 650 user.) So I'm going to get her a 680. I ask her what she didn't like about the 650 and she said "It just crashed constantly."
    So I guess we'll see. I should be able to get it for $175 ($75 after rebate if they honor it.)

I personally like my 750 more than say the 650.

By the way, the 750 is very stable. I hardly ever have problems and when I do it's usually due to a misbehaving 3rd party app.
    Last edited by taylorh; 02/25/2007 at 11:22 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Good morning coppertop, let me first address the WM5 stability in general. My PPC 6700 I had for a year and it never spontaneously reset and it froze only once while I was trying some questionable applications. My 700wx I had for 10 months and It never reset but did freeze about once a month. It also gave me error messages about device.exe every other day for the first 2 weeks I had it until I turned off self reporting. It also gives me an error message if I hi light and delete a word in PocketLingo dictionary. I had the 700p palm OS for 5 weeks and it reset 10 times a day every time I deleted a word in PocketLingo, used flash cards and randomly relating to something else I never put my finger on. I'm sure the device was stable but the apps were incompatible. It seems to me that as soon as the palm OS hangs for a second the device saves you the trouble of resetting it. WM absolutely deals with 3rd party apps more smoothly so it resets less but also it isn't programmed to try and save you the trouble of resetting it. So half the time this is good because the hang is only a second or 3 and half the time is bad because your starring at the screen for 30 seconds until you give up and reset it. Palm OS is easier to debug than WM. If you have issues you run DB scan, contacts scan, use the Palm desktop to weed out corrupt PIM, call the ## or hard reset and pull the recreated files from the backup before re syncing. WM it almost impossible to debug. Other than calling the ## , uninstall/reinstall, you can only hard reset and start over but this hasn't been an issue since WM has been very solid for me. It seems that Palm OS just develops bugs more easily.
    What kept me with WM after my 2 week trial 2 years ago was that the device is still usable during data transfers. It use to drive me nuts that my Palm OS device was unusable intermittently while sending/receiving email or downloading with other data apps like blazer, weather apps, etc. I like to kick off whatever processes I need to run, launch a web page and quickly turn of the screen and get back to work then checkit later for my info. With palm I have to stare at the device and wait till it gets done with whatever its doing. I think a lot of users give up on WM quickly because apps take longer to load. However if your the type that like to flip around as you remember you need to do other things WM saves time because you can bounce from app to app quickly without losing your place. And if you use a task manager like HandySwitcher this is very easy. I think users feel a major speed reduction when they leave palm because they take the slow route switching between apps,they go start, programs, scroll, app, next app=start, programs, scroll, app, back to other app=start programs, scroll, app. That is slow! With HandySwitcher you push a button and tap your running app. That's easy! Also, and I always forget to do this, take advantage of your recently launched app list on the start menu. It also helps you get around faster.

Even though your main issue is stability, which should keep you with WM, its good to be aware of the other common adjustments.
    P.S. I am also having an issue with turning on the phone. But so far it looks like I'm the only one with this on a 750. Half the time, in the morning, I have to reset the device to get the radio on because the phone end key won't do it. I push the button, the hello screen comes on, the today screen comes back and the radio is still off.
  11.    #71  
    Taylorh...

I've had the long pauses that you've described but here recently it has been a total lock up with only a soft reset solving the problem.

I'm amazed that for as long as these type phones have been out there, nobody has produced a stable, reliable model.
  12.    #72  
    One more last question...

Will the Seidio charger/cradle that I use with my 680 work with the 750?
    Sorry for the double post but my 750 should be here today or tomorrow and I want to make sure I don't cause any problems right out of the box. Here is my original post:

I would think my data plan is ok. I know there has been alot of talk about the 19.99 vs thhe 39.99 plans that cingular charges. They seem to be the same data plans. My big concern is syncing to the Palm desktop to get all of my contact data. Am I heading for problems if I do this?
    Last edited by gadgetjunkies; 02/26/2007 at 11:16 AM.
    <
    Last edited by gadgetjunkies; 02/26/2007 at 11:15 AM.

I know the Palm version will work with both.

Probably not. Assuming you have INNO or INNO Jr. you will be out of luck. My INNO dock works with my 680 but does not charge the 750, although it looks like it is charging it when you dock it.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234