1.    #1  
    Hello,

We are looking for beta testers for Causerie Messenger (for Treo Windows devices). Causerie Messenger has over hundred thousand users and we are excited to launch our services for Pocket PC platform.

All users are requested to participate and provide feedback in our beta launch.

Causerie is an easily configurable chat tool with simple-to-use user interface. Causerie allows you to login to six simultaneous accounts supporting Yahoo, MSN, AOL, Jabber, ICQ and SAMETIME. You may also login to two accounts of a given messenger type (Yahoo / MSN / AOL / Jabber / ICQ SAMETIME).

Causerie's patent pending Bots feature allows instant stock quotes, directions, astrology updates, traffic directions, Artificial Intelligence Chat Buddy and lot more. It also provides real time news feeds.

If interested, please send an email to 'support@mantragroup.com' with 'Treo' in subject line. Please do mention your model type in your email.

Supported Devices:
    ------------------

Treo 700WX,

Treo 700w 1.10,

Treo 750.

For screenshots visit below links:

http://mantragroup.com/images/Treo700w/CLF.PNG

http://mantragroup.com/images/Treo700w/CBF.PNG

http://mantragroup.com/images/Treo700w/LPF.PNG

Thanks
    You have mail
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Is there any incentive like a discount on the final version?
    how bout for us who were users who jumped over to WM?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I got on the beta list, but decided to uninstall it. This requires compact .net 2.0 which we all know slows the Treo down. If they come out with a version that does not need .net, then I will look into it again.
    thanks for that tidbit stroths. saved me even sending them an email. net 2.0 sucks
  7.    #7  
    .NET framework comes preinstalled on most of the pocketpcs and it does not slow the system.

I am sure the mileage varies depending on who you talk to. Moreover, I believe it now comes as a part of the OnDemand installation on 700wx.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...pact+framework

There was a service pack available recently. I am not sure if it helps with the problems you are facing.
    Where do I sign up? I'm looking to test out something better.

I'm really unhappy with most of the stuff out there.
    In my experiences with compact .net 2 and many others here on TC and ppcgeeks.com, it causes slowdowns. If you can live with that, then give this a try and see if you like it.

If you dislike .net 2, check out Octrotalk which is currently in beta as well.

http://ppcgeeks.com/octro-new-im-cli...-07-t1459.html
    Octrotalk version 1.08 is more stable than 1.09.

1.09 hangs on connection most of the time. I can exit the program, and reload it, and it still won't connect. Then I have to do a soft reset, re-enter the program, and connect.

It's really touchy. 1.08 is similar in it's "finickyness" but not as bad I don't think.
    I have a couple general questions on IM chat programs, and would be interested in how these two (Causerie & Octrotalk) work.

What do chat programs (in general and specifically Causerie & Octrotalk) do to your battery?

Can you leave them running (like SMS basically works) without killing the battery in a matter of hours, or do you have to log in when you want to chat with someone?

What about notification? If you're live w/ an IM program, do you get dinged when a new msg comes through?

I haven't used a chat IM on a Treo before, and any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJH2 View Post
    I have a couple general questions on IM chat programs, and would be interested in how these two (Causerie & Octrotalk) work.

What do chat programs (in general and specifically Causerie & Octrotalk) do to your battery?

Can you leave them running (like SMS basically works) without killing the battery in a matter of hours, or do you have to log in when you want to chat with someone?

What about notification? If you're live w/ an IM program, do you get dinged when a new msg comes through?

I haven't used a chat IM on a Treo before, and any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.

See that is exactly my concern, I would love a new chat app to come out but I dislike the idea of killing the battery, I used a certain one yesterday just for fun, and in a matter of two hours with no other use I lost %20 of my battery. That was what verichat was really good for, it used txt when it was dormant. I would be willing to give Causerie a shot, but I would like to know about battery usage. Right now I am using the OZ client that is installed on the Blackjack, and though it works great, just cant use the OK button for certain things. Anyway, where do I sign to be a beta tester, and sorry if it seems like I hijacked, just disgrunted with the selection of good IM apps out there!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike View Post
    See that is exactly my concern, I would love a new chat app to come out but I dislike the idea of killing the battery, I used a certain one yesterday just for fun, and in a matter of two hours with no other use I lost %20 of my battery. That was what verichat was really good for, it used txt when it was dormant. I would be willing to give Causerie a shot, but I would like to know about battery usage. Right now I am using the OZ client that is installed on the Blackjack, and though it works great, just cant use the OK button for certain things. Anyway, where do I sign to be a beta tester, and sorry if it seems like I hijacked, just disgrunted with the selection of good IM apps out there!
    We support SMS notifications on Palm. Even 2-way mode is supported.

Development team is currently working on this but it is not in the feature list of the present release candidate. The second release of Cauerie due April will festive this.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJH2 View Post

Thanks.
    IMs are much more advanced now a days. You just need to sign in and run in background. It will just notify you of new IMs by LED, Vibrate and Balloon Notification.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    If that is so and the WM version supports that, I will be a huge fan of this app! I actually used it when I had my 650 back in the day and liked it very much, but Verichat won me over, cause someone bought me a years sub, free software is free software. Anyway, I will keep my eyes open, I would still love to beta test.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    I'd like to be a part of beta testing as well for Sametime. I currently use the Lotus app but would love to have a single app that also provides Yahoo & AOL.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Are you still looking for beta testers? I have a 700wx and would be willing to participate. Let me know!
    Please send an email to support@mantragroup.com with the Device model and subject as Treo.
    Beryl: Causerie beta version allows you to communicate with your buddies using popular messengers like Yahoo/MSN/AOL/Jabber/ICQ.