1.    #1  
    Saw on the Tomtom website that there is a promotion--about $50 for the maps and free shipping on the DVD to upgrade. Anyone done this yet? Would you recommend the upgrade?
    I ordered February 2nd and still nothing has arrived..I note the receipt says 3-4 weeks delivery time!
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Did the upgrade and if nothing else the $50 is worth it for the updated maps. There are at least a couple other threads around here that have other thoughts on the upgrade as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Yep I upgraded, v6 works much better on the 750v than v5
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    There isn't a huge difference between TT5 and TT6 but I have moved to the newer version (for free!). The big difference is the maps. Instead of multiple maps to cover the United States it needs only one map to cover North America as a whole. You can now plan a trip from New York to Seattle without changing from each regional map.

It is worth the change...
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    There's more to it than just that v6 loads way quicker than v5 used to, cross border routing as mentioned above, there's now an option to list POI's based on your current position, a particular town or your home and you can route to a particular longitude/latitude. Probably some other things I've forgotten too
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, everyone, for the responses. I will most likely upgrade, although I don't really travel all too much and I hardly use any of the advanced features of TomTom 5 now. However, with a new Treo, might as well get the latest and greatest and $50 bucks ain't too bad--even if it's for map upgrades considering it's hundreds for the upgrade discs for a built-in car gps.