Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Did you somehow manage to flip the write-lock switch?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Going on two weeks now with the SanDisk 2GB card and no problems at all. Much better than the PQI card that Seidio sold me.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Ive looked but I dont see any switch on the card at all so I dont think I could have fliped it.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Oh, right - MiniSD cards don't have the switch.
    I just got my 4gb card today from ebay. Topram with samsung guts. I have done several soft resets and cannot get it to be seen by my 750. I even put in my pc's card reader and formatted it and even transferred some music to it. The phone still doesn't see it. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    super3cshopping seller at ebay is selling the OEM cards w/ Sammy guts and has some language I'm copying here re the compatibility issue:

Important: SD vs SDHC
    This particular 4GB mini SD is SD version 1.0 and pre-formatted at FAT16 at the factory. This is deliberately done so since most existing SD host devices in the market today are unable to read SD version 2.0 SDHC memory card formatted under FAT32 (by this we refer to authentic SDHC SD cards).

Compatibility
    This however, does not guarantee that any hardware designed for SD version 1.0/1.1 can read this non SDHC 4GB mini SD. The mini SD card slot in your hardware must have default capability to read 4GB SD in the first place. eg. The 133X card reader in our store is a 4GB compatible reader while the Q mobile phone from Motorola is not compatible.

Formatting to FAT32
    You may re-format the mini SD to FAT 32, which can be done under Windows. Once you have formatted the card to FAT32, you will not be able to use Windows to format it back to FAT16.

Does 4GB Mini SD under SD version 1.0 exist (non SDHC)?
    Yes, it does, this is an example, this is a non SDHC 4GB SD card. The reason why Kingston or Sandisk tech support may insists that 4GB mini SD must be under SDHC is because these manufactures are in the SD card association, for technical + business $$ reasons, all members have agreed to market only memory cards from 4GB to 32GB under SDHC format. Thus intentionally making a full generation of existing hardware in the market incompatible. Many of these tech supports are basically university graduates looking at a menu answering your questions; you can ignore their comments on this subject.

Note: Please ensure that your device is 4GB reading compatible before buying. Contact your hardware manufacture for confirmation and check the possibility to upgrade newer firmware.

Note: Digital camera user: If your digital camera is not at least a high resolution brand name 5MP+ 2005/2006 model year (Canon, Casio ...etc.), you can forget about using a 4GB memory card. If you have Kodak, HP, Samsung...etc, check with manufacture first.

Note: All shipment tested with our USB 2.0 133X card reader (available in our STORE) under Windows XP before shipment and guaranteed to work.

Features/benefits

Compliant — with the SD Card Association specification
    Capacities — 4GB Samsung NAND Memory
    Dimensions — .84" x.78" x.05" (21.5 mm x 20.0 mm x 1.4 mm)
    Operating Temperature — -13 F to 185 F (-25 C to 85 C)
    Storage Temperature — -40 F to 185 F (-40 C to 85 C)
    Voltage — 3.3v
    Weight — .07 ozs. (2g)
    Compliant — with miniSD Specifications
    Ultra-Portable — slim, small card design
    Reliable — One year Super3cShopping back to base warranty
    Versatile — when combined with the adapter, can be used as a full-size card
    Simple — as easy as plug and play
    Economical — low power consumption for better device battery life
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I just received my TRANSCEND 4 GIG mini-SDHC and my card reader on PC and LAPTOP see the card and I formatted (only option was FAT32).

HOWEVER

TREO 750 does not see it, it makes the noise as I insert the card, but under file explorer it doesn't show a memory card.

I have soft reset the phone a couple of times with no luck.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS to get it to work in my TREO 750?

-Thanks

Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by medenblik View Post
    I just received my TRANSCEND 4 GIG mini-SDHC and my card reader on PC and LAPTOP see the card and I formatted (only option was FAT32).

HOWEVER

TREO 750 does not see it, it makes the noise as I insert the card, but under file explorer it doesn't show a memory card.

I have soft reset the phone a couple of times with no luck.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS to get it to work in my TREO 750?

-Thanks

Keith

SDHC cards do not work in the Treo. YOu need a non-SDHC 4gb card. My replacement 4gb card arrived yesterday and so far it is working like a champ! I have justabout 3GB of files on it.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaweil View Post
    SDHC cards do not work in the Treo. YOu need a non-SDHC 4gb card. My replacement 4gb card arrived yesterday and so far it is working like a champ! I have justabout 3GB of files on it.
    OK thnaks for the info.

BAck to EBAY to find a 4 GIG non SDHC
    Those of you that have a 2GB or 4 GB card that are working fine in your 750's, are you still having to re-insert the card for the phone to see it? I bought a Patriot 2GB card that works other than the fact that I have to re-insert it.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I have not had to reinsert the SanDisk card since I first bought it.
    I'm using a 2 Gb Kingston card for a week now and had to re-insert it several times already. Isn't this just a bug in the OS?
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I don't think it's an OS bug. It may have something to do with an electrical interface tolerance, especially as it affects so many different brands of devices with different OSes.
    Great... I always thought Kingston was a good brand to buy, never had any problems with their cards in the past.

so I could better buy a new card? And if so, which brand and type?

However, I still read a lot of things on the internet that there isn't a card that works fine with the Treo. Hopefully it is a bug in the Treo that will eventually gets fixed...
    Last edited by astra; 03/22/2007 at 02:49 AM.
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    My personal experience would lead me to recommend the SanDisk 2GB.
    I'm using Kingston 2Gb with pretty good luck. I've lost it twice in the last couple of weeks, although I've noticed one of the times my battery was as low as 15%.
    Well, I've ordered a SanDisk 2GB and it's in the mail....my fingers are crossed. Thanks everyone for the input!
    I have a KINGSTON 2 GB. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE. Not only does it randomly need to be reinserted. About 50% of the time it losses all the photos I have taken. It's weird, because it doesn't lose other data, just the pictures out of the DCIM folder. Also, it will error out when the camera is writing the file to the card. I don't know whats going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanvision View Post
    I have a Sandisk 2 GB. At first, it gave me problems, but now it seems to be working. Not sure what it is, but I didn't format the card or anything. In the beginning, it would ocassionally not recognize the card when the Treo wakes up, but now works flawlessly.

Did you format the card, or what did you do to make it work flawlessly?

IT'S A MIRACLE!!!! I recevied my new SanDisk 2GB card this morning and immediately inserted it into my Treo 750 and it hasn't disappeared yet!!!!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast