Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bnycastro View Post
    afaikafaikafaik $the$ $750$ $series$ $is$ $rated$ $for$ $2Gb$ $miniSD$ $only$ [$and$ $sometimes$ $even$ $those$ $have$ $problems$]. $imo$ $getting$ $4Gb$ $cards$ $is$ $at$ $your$ $own$ $risk$ $and$ $is$ $basically$ $hit$ $or$ $miss$.
    That's correct. "Officially", the limit is 2GB's, but as was the case with many past Treo's, certain higher cards will work. I wouldn't risk it, though, nor would I need more than 2GB's worth of space anyway.
    I sufered from the disappearing card trick today. So much for top of the line Sandisk cards.
    I updated my phone with the Netherlands upgrade and swear I have more stability now as far as the disappearing SD card.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Today I picked up the SanDisk 2GB at CompUSA, where it is on sale this week for $34.95. The first test was to see if Sprite Backup liked it - it did. Unlike with the PQI card, Sprite could complete a backup without complaining of a CRC error. That's promising.

I did not have the "disappearing" problem with the PQI card except at the very start, so we'll see how it goes after a week or so.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Well, I have given up on running an memory card for now. My Kingston 2 GB SD card disappears, and my el cheapo 4GB card from Fleabay won't even format in the pcs card reader.

Such a shame for the price that we pay for the 750 that Palm doesn't fix the problem. I don't see why it should be trial and error to get a card that works. I love my Treo, but this sux!!!!
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I would not be so quick to blame Palm. From what I've seen on other sites, just about every phone out there that uses MiniSD cards has compatibility woes. Some phones simply won't work with a large assortment of cards out there. I don't know why this is.
    Like I said, my SanDisk 2GB has never given me a problem. Very FAST, too.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    OK. My 4 GB card had been working GREAT...........................until yesterday. I hard reset my 750 to get a clean re-install and when it came back up the Storage Card was GONE! OUT OF SIGHT! MISSING! Nothing has brought it back.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I think I'm going to stick to 1 or 2 GB cards, like the supposed limit says. I hate hard resets unless the phone is really messed up.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I usually do a hard reset on my device every 4 to 6 weeks. It keeps my device running like a slim, trim, fighting machine.

I have a folder on my card that includes all my .cabs, files and shortcuts + all my contacts, calendar and tasks get loaded up effortlessly via exchange. It usually takes me about 10 - 15 minutes to re-load everything and have a device that is good as new. Fortunately, I still had my 2 GB card loaded with all this stuff cuz the 4 GB was toast.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

I think hard resets are for device screw-ups and should not be needed every month! Maybe once or twice a year, but not every month.

It's now time for me to "hard reset" my computer hard drive though because the OS is becoming full of dumb errors, no matter how many times I try to fix it!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    You're right. They are not needed. It's just that I am an "obsessive compulsive disorder" type so I do them to eliminate every single little orphan file possible. It's just like minor door dings in my car............my wife says she doen't notice them (I guess most people don't), but I still pay for them to be removed. Like I said, I like keeping my stuff as close to "showroom new" as possible.

I have OCD and I would like to get treatment.

In an effort to keep this thread on topic, I am back to using a 2 GB Transcend card and I have yet to get the disappearing act.

Has anyone had Transcend die on them? I've seen reviews like that where the card works fine, but dies about 3 months later or something.

Transcend is still doing ok on my device for more than 1 month.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Like I said, my SanDisk 2GB has never given me a problem. Very FAST, too.
    I am using the SanDisk 2Gig MiniSD and It DOES Disappear on me in the 750v. It is simple enough to get back by just ejecting the card and reinserting, but that is still a pain.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Had a cheapo A-Data 1GB card laying around I wasn't using. Popped it in and it seems to be working fine. There is a 2GB A-Data Mini SD on New Egg for $21.
    Add me to the list too...

I've used the 750 for about 6 weeks now, as I was dissatisfied with my 700p, and my 680 for various reasons. My 2GB Sandisk MiniSD was gone almost every time I needed it - but popping in out and back in usually cleared up the problem. Lately, I had to do soft resets everytime I needed to access the data, so I moved over to a generic 4GB disk with Samsung innards.

Same problem. When I soft reset, everything is okay for about 1 day's use. Then by the following day it's back to the soft reset.

I've had Treos since they came on the scene in glorious grey scale, and I'm almost sure this is a hardware/driver issue. I hope they fix it soon - I've bricked the 750 for now, and am using the 680 (not bad) and a Samsung Blackjack instead.

Cheers!
    Larry
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    Quote Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
    I am using the SanDisk 2Gig MiniSD and It DOES Disappear on me in the 750v. It is simple enough to get back by just ejecting the card and reinserting, but that is still a pain.
    I am sorry to hear that. Mine works flawlessly. Where did you buy it? You can probably just exchange it.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I think it's fairly obvious by now that the problem lies with the Treo's handling of the card. If you don't have a problem now, just sit tight because you will eventually.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I've got a kingston 2gb card but It wont let me delete any files from it. I get an error that says problem deleting file this happens when I try to delete from the device or from the computer any ideas on how to clear the card?

Thanks
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast