Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I think there is a lot of speculation on why some cards are not working. My A-data card is acting up now. When I try to copy or sync up music to the card when its in the 750, i will either get "access denied" or when syncing in Windows Media, it will just stop and give an error if I try to sync again. Also when I try to download straight from the web directly on the card, it gives an error after receiving a portion of the file.

There is obviously a problem with either the reader driver on the 750 or the hardware itself. I dont think it has nothing to do with the type of card you use. Palm needs to fix this plain and simple.
    Last edited by Edrego; 02/21/2007 at 03:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Well if it is due to the speed of the card it is still a Palm issue. Palm would have to release a fix that would make the 750 "quicker" to identify the card.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I had a lot of problems with a 2gb corsair card (2 of them). I then got a Sandisk 2gb card which worked well. Next I got the 4gb card mentioned earlier in this thread from grassroots computers on ebay. This has also worked well without any problems.

My experience seems to suggest certain cards are indeed the issue since I didn't change any other variables.
    I got the card from grassroots also, after 1 week it died and I can't access it any more and they are making me jump through hoops to try to get a replacement. I'm going to call my credit card company tomorrow and have them reverse the charges because it seems like they are dragging there feet. I would stay away from Grassroots computer if I were you...
    I just ordered a 4gb card on ebay last night (not from grassroots) and will report back here what the results are when I get it. Not a bad price $34.98 for 4gb mini-sd
    I had to get a replacement from grassroots as well. The only thing they needed was the serial number from the back of the card after I explained that it wouldn't read in any of my equipment that I was positive could read 4GB non-SDHC cards.
    I still haven't found definite info on this. I have read of users with 4GB cards in their 750 but haven't gotten an answer if the 750 can actually access 4 gigs of data on the card.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    As previously stated my 4 GB card works great. I have 3.4 GB worth of files on it and it reads it without a problem.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

When people say that everything works "flawlessly" are you just reading files from the card or are you writting files to the card WHILE the card is in the 750 as well? Reason I'm asking is that I believe the problem is more so in the writing of files to the card when the card is inside the 750.

I was able to copy music to the A-Data el-cheapo card when I put it in my laptop with no problem. I then take it out and put it in the 750 and I can play music and it reads the card ok. However, when I try to copy music to the card while its in the 750, it will copy a few files and it will stop.

So can people give examples of how they are using the cards that are suppose to be working fine? (e.g. Are you reading AND writing to the card without any issues while the card is in the 750?)
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I have a PQI 2GB card that appears to work ok, except that Sprite Backup is unable to write its backup file to the card, always saying that the file is corrupt. Other than that, the card seems fine, and passes PocketMechnic diagnostics. Of course, the inability to store a backup on the card is a major issue. Sprite support says it's not their problem.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edrego View Post
    So can people give examples of how they are using the cards that are suppose to be working fine? (e.g. Are you reading AND writing to the card without any issues while the card is in the 750?)
    I am able to read and write both in the 750 and in my laptop using a 4gb card (from grassroots). I have had the card only a couple of days but so far so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edrego View Post
    When people say that everything works "flawlessly" are you just reading files from the card or are you writting files to the card WHILE the card is in the 750 as well? Reason I'm asking is that I believe the problem is more so in the writing of files to the card when the card is inside the 750.

I was able to copy music to the A-Data el-cheapo card when I put it in my laptop with no problem. I then take it out and put it in the 750 and I can play music and it reads the card ok. However, when I try to copy music to the card while its in the 750, it will copy a few files and it will stop.

I am able to read and write to the card. I have 40 programs, music, videos etc and have had no disappearing issues. I have downloaded to the card via PIE, Synced files to the card threw AS. I have the SanDisk 2GB overpriced card.
    I have a San Disk 2GB, which works flawlessly. I've had it ever since the Treo 750 came out! I got it from Amazon for only $40 shipped!!!
    Yeah, SanDisk is usually very solid and stable, just don't order it directly from them!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have a question. The "unlock" tab doesn't seem to work and files are stuck on one of my miniSD cards. All I get is that the card is write protected. Anyone know what I should do? Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I wrote all the files that were on my full 2 GB card plus more than 1 gb worth of e-books onto my 4 GB card (from grassroots) while it was in my 750.

17.    #57  
    I have the 2gb 80X transend card from Newegg now it's on day 5 and it has been working perfectly so far.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Well, the grassroots (ebay) 4gb card failed in the 750. It lasted a couple of days longer than then the corsair cards, but nevertheless failed.

My recommendation for anyone looking for a reliable card: Sandisk 2gb; this never gave me a problem.

I feel bad for recommending the 4gb card from grassroots but I also was a data-losing victim.
    I have also had some trouble with the 4GB card I got on ebay. I received the card on Friday. Initially my 750 would not see the card so I popped it into my Laptop, formated it with the SD format utility then the Treo was able to see it.

I started synching .wma files to it and part way though I recieved an error. Ever since then I have been unable to read the card in any of the card readers. It is like the card just died. I have contacted the seller and hopefully I can get either an exchange or a refund. Back to my 2GB card that has served me so well.
    afaikafaikafaik $the$ $750$ $series$ $is$ $rated$ $for$ $2Gb$ $miniSD$ $only$ [$and$ $sometimes$ $even$ $those$ $have$ $problems$]. $imo$ $getting$ $4Gb$ $cards$ $is$ $at$ $your$ $own$ $risk$ $and$ $is$ $basically$ $hit$ $or$ $miss$.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast