Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    BTW, when I got my 4 GB Generic from eBay I did not format it. I just made a little prayer before inserting into the treo. It didn't show up immediately so I started to panic. After a soft reset, it showed up and has been working effortlessly since.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I would recomend PQI or Sandisk....
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I use a Transcend 2gb 80X mini SD and it works pretty well. No complaints so far.

Couldn't agree more. I had the Patriot 2GB and it would constanly disappear after the phone would "sleep"... Got my Transcend 80x at www.mwave.com for ~$30 with shipping!
    My SanDisk is working fine. I got it 4 days ago and havent had any issues. Its a rip off at 70 bucks but with a 2 week trial for the 750 I didnt have time to mess with the cheap cards.

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Prod...o.aspx?ID=1847
    Why didn't you order the SanDisk from New Egg? Or some other online place? They're usually cheaper.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820171114

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Im a newbie,,,,,,, I didnt think of that one,,,, 20 bucks cheaper,,,,,,, I gotta quite getting ripped off,,,
    Ok, I've tried a 2GB Transcend, a generic 4GB using Samsung memory, a 1GB Sandisk, a 1GB PQI and a 2GB A-DATA. I've had the disappearing card thing happen with all of the cards. They all eventually appeared again after a reset or two. Hopefully they add a fix for this in the HSDPA patch.
    geeze,,,, maybe all the users with the disappearing cards should list their apps...
    Bejeweled 2 v1.22
    Bookworm v1.15
    FlexMail 2007 v3.1 build 988
    FlightMode v1.1.0
    Mobile-Stream Meteor v1.04
    Nyditot Virtual Display v5.02
    PIEPlus v2.2
    Pocket Controller Professional v5.07 build 966
    Pocket Informant Pro. 2007 Rev2 Build 731
    Micaceler Pocket Mancala v1.0
    Resco Explorer 2005 v5.42
    Resco Keyboard Pro. v4.36
    Seven Seas v2.35
    Shanghai Pocket Essentials v1.2 build 117
    SKTools v3.1.2
    Spb Pocket Plus v3.2.0
    StyleTap v1.0.017
    Sudoku v1.30
    WorldMate Professional v4.5.100
    MortScript v4.0 RC9

The Treo 750 bluetooth utility
    All those apps might cause a big memory drain and that's why the card disappears. But that's speculation.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I don't understand. I've never had any out of memory errors. Nor do I run them simultaneously (except for Nyditot+whatever I need to run with a different res.). I set it so that tapping the "x" or pressing the "Ok" button closes the app..
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    All those apps might cause a big memory drain and that's why the card disappears. But that's speculation.
    I don't think it has anything to do with what apps are installed. Personally I think the issue is with a badly written driver by Pam. I think that when the device wakes up, the driver does not wake the SD card reader up in time for the OS to recognize, hence a soft reset is needed. Similar to when you are using a slow SD card adn the programs don't make it on the start menu.

Just a thought...
    That was just speculation anyway.

But aren't some of those always running in the background to run properly? Like Resco, Pocket Informant and SPB? Those also seem to love feeding on RAM.

I also remember some other phones(not the Treo) having problems reading higher capacity cards and slowing down. Again more speculation because this wasn't the Treo, but it makes me wonder. Is the card disappearing due to read errors of so much data?

Quote Originally Posted by Weaweil View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with what apps are installed. Personally I think the issue is with a badly written driver by Pam. I think that when the device wakes up, the driver does not wake the SD card reader up in time for the OS to recognize, hence a soft reset is needed. Similar to when you are using a slow SD card adn the programs don't make it on the start menu.

Just a thought...
    Driver error? They need a firmware update then. But I still wonder if memory MAY have something to do with it. Although a firmware update might help that too.

None of those apps. are on the card. The only things I have on the card are documents, pics., music, videos. Yeah, SPB and PI do kinda slow it down, but the disappearing happened even after running the 750 stock for a day or two after a hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    That was just speculation anyway.

But aren't some of those always running in the background to run properly? Like Resco, Pocket Informant and SPB? Those also seem to love feeding on RAM.

I also remember some other phones(not the Treo) having problems reading higher capacity cards and slowing down. Again more speculation because this wasn't the Treo, but it makes me wonder. Is the card disappearing due to read errors of so much data?
    I don't know.. Once a program is loaded into rom, I don't think it has to access the SD card.

I was told by a Sandisk Rep specifically that Higher Speed cards could have issues with Phone (not just WM) devices. He told me that the readers used in phones read the cards slower then they are designed to be read which could cause issues and he reccomended normal speed cards for phones and high speed cards for cameras and computers.

I did have an issues once with an 80x Sandisk card getting the FAT corrupt by switching it between my laptop and phone but other then that one time, I have never had any issues.
    Data card isn't filled? Scratch the read error thing then. That problem only happened when the phone was trying to read the card.

Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    ...... the disappearing happened even after running the 750 stock for a day or two after a hard reset.

I guess the other users are right then. It would have to be a driver issue. Its really strange that users have and dont have trouble with identical cards.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    The faster cards causing the disappearing act theory makes alot of sense to me.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    My card speed isnt on the card, nor the packaging, nor the website http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Prod...o.aspx?ID=1847 How do I find my card speed.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast