Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...tdownload.mspx

saw this on another forum. thought I would share.

cody
    Thanks for the update. I installed this on mine, so I guess my 700wx is fixed for that issue. I still need to put the appropriate patch on my Exchange server though.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well, it's installed but I guess we need to keep the cab file just in case we have to perform a hard reset.
  4.    #4  
    I guess that means we're out of luck in hoping for an early rom update. many thought that with dst coming around the conner that a rom update with this fix would come soon. I guess they found another way.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well from what my rep said about the VZW Treo 70wx it is suppose to have a new firmware upgrade.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Thanks Cody. Been waiting for this for a while. Now my phone and outlook will get along together again.

WCK
    are there 2 downloads? 1 for the PDA and 1 for your PC??
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Boboo:

Depends which version of outlook you have. If you use any outlook before 2007, you need to download a patch. Run the outlook patch first, then the PDA, then you can sync and things should be fine.

To get the outlook patch, go to microsoft.com and search "dst outlook" and you'll find it.

WCK
    Quote Originally Posted by boboo View Post
    are there 2 downloads? 1 for the PDA and 1 for your PC??
    Here you go...http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...g/default.mspx
    thank you both!
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    How do I extract the .cab from the .msi file for backup purposes?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Patched both my Treo 700w and Windows XP Desktop PC without any issues.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Just a note here....
    Noticed today that Windows Update applied a DST fix to my XP computer today (dated 02/16/07).
    Update for Windows XP (KB931836)
    Installing this update enables your computer to automatically adjust the computer clock on the correct date in 2007 due to revised Daylight Saving Time laws in many countries.
    When viewing Outlook entries in that March-April 1 period, there's now a clock icon on all my entries.
    I'd imagine I'll only apply the one update to the Treo now??
    Thoughts?
    Okay...this is really pissing me off at 2:00am!!
    Applied the patches, and when syncing, there are still all-day appointments that are a day off on the Treo.
    What the ^%&$#!?
    Any ideas or comments on this?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    Okay...this is really pissing me off at 2:00am!!
    Applied the patches, and when syncing, there are still all-day appointments that are a day off on the Treo.
    What the ^%&$#!?
    Any ideas or comments on this?
    I wouldn't think that the DST patch has anything to do with your appointments being off by 24 hours. Check your time zone settings on your phone & PC.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    both correct and match.
    Here's the story today. I applied the Outlook and Treo patch.
    -All day events
    Enter an all-day event in Outlook for March 23rd and sync...it shows up on the Treo(w) on March 22nd.
    -Recurring on April 1
    Enter April Fool's Day (all day) as a recurring event yearly on April 1st and sync...it doesn't show up on the Treo at all
    -Recurring on April 4
    Enter event (all day) for April 4...recurring yearly...and sync...it shows up on the Treo April 4 and April 5 and reads all-day beginning 4th ending 5th.

Worst part is now when I look in outlook, it's flagged even old entries between 3/11 to 4/1 and 10/28 to 11/4 with a clock icon. What does this mean, and what happens to all these when we get to March 11th?

Appreciate any and all comments here. Very frustrating having data you trust move around like this.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    both correct and match.
    Here's the story today. I applied the Outlook and Treo patch.
    -All day events
    Enter an all-day event in Outlook for March 23rd and sync...it shows up on the Treo(w) on March 22nd.
    -Recurring on April 1
    Enter April Fool's Day (all day) as a recurring event yearly on April 1st and sync...it doesn't show up on the Treo at all
    -Recurring on April 4
    Enter event (all day) for April 4...recurring yearly...and sync...it shows up on the Treo April 4 and April 5 and reads all-day beginning 4th ending 5th.

Worst part is now when I look in outlook, it's flagged even old entries between 3/11 to 4/1 and 10/28 to 11/4 with a clock icon. What does this mean, and what happens to all these when we get to March 11th?

Appreciate any and all comments here. Very frustrating having data you trust move around like this.
    Bizarre; I entered the EXACT entries as you suggested and I got the SAME EXACT results as you EXCEPT for April 4 entry. that displays on my 700W as it should. No entry on April 5. I entered the appointments on my desktop PC
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    what the!
    hmmm...what's going to happen on March 11 when the switch comes?
    I'm tempted to change the date on my Treo to March 12 2007 and see what happens...but then again, I'm so tired playing with this, I'm not brave enough.
    LOL...you try it !
    Okay...so whats with the clock Icons on Outlook?
    Here is what I found. The time zone on your computeris set to GMT-5 eastern time. If you have your treo set to use network time the time zone is set to GMT-5 indiana. I found when the two time zones don't match from your treo to the computer I get the condition you were talking about.If you match up the time zones you should be fine.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kinger2 View Post
    Here is what I found. The time zone on your computeris set to GMT-5 eastern time. If you have your treo set to use network time the time zone is set to GMT-5 indiana. I found when the two time zones don't match from your treo to the computer I get the condition you were talking about.If you match up the time zones you should be fine.
    My Time Zone WAS set to Indiana Time Zone on 700W but even after I adjusted and did a soft reset and syncing again, I have the same offset of appointments. I'll report back here and see if it maybe takes awhile to take affect but as it stands now, I'm still off by 1 hour.
    Last edited by robdam; 02/18/2007 at 01:32 PM.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast