Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You have to uncheck use network time zone on the treo. If you have it set to use network time zone everytime you soft reset it will go back to the indiana time zone. If you still want to use the network time zone try adjusting the time zone on your computer to the indiana time zone. Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kinger2 View Post
    You have to uncheck use network time zone on the treo. If you have it set to use network time zone everytime you soft reset it will go back to the indiana time zone. If you still want to use the network time zone try adjusting the time zone on your computer to the indiana time zone. Hope this helps
    OMG I never knew it defaults back to Indiana time Zone. That's pretty lame. Who lives in Indiana?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Yep, thanks for the tip to uncheck "Network Time". that fixed it. I'm really bummed about the time zone defaulting over to Indiana time zone since I usually reboot once or twice a day. I can't get my greedy little hands on that 700WX soon enough! Only a few more days of this RAM deprived phone.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    All my clocks are GMT-5 Eastern...PC, Treo and Outlook Calendar setting all match. Looks like the patch run is intended to fix future March 11-April 1 and Oct 28-Nov 4 appointments, but older ones during this period are messed up.
    Even so...something is off.
    This note...while L O N G...is helpful. Take a look at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/
    Robdam, glad I could help. With the use network time zone unchecked you should be fine to do soft resets and have the time zone stay with what you have it set for. The time zone only reverts back to the indiana time zone if u have that box checked.
    I ran the tool on my PC and Q. The PC updater moved about 30 appointments. I didn't really pay attention to the changes, just figured the tool was moving them according to the new DST changes.

If it moved my appointments to different dates, I will not realize it until I start missing appointments. I sure hope I don't miss appts b/c of this!

I better not get fired because of missing client appointments. Scary stuff when I start thinking about *downs shot of tequila* :/
    ....it will move things to another date...or at least move all days to start on one day and end on the next. Hmmmm....now was that all day Friday...or Saturday???
    This is the second time I'm dealing with this DST s--t, and I'm pissed off.
    this thing caused my backlight timer to default to 1 min, but it's actually more like 10 seconds.
    I've tried soft resets to no avail; it just won't maintain the setting when I change it.

If I run restore point from prior to the install will it also adjust the registry to that point as well...or do I have to hard reset and spend 2-3 hours reconfiguring and reinstalling everything?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    That had me puzzled, but unchecking the network time zone use seemed to do the trick. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    this thing caused my backlight timer to default to 1 min, but it's actually more like 10 seconds.
    I've tried soft resets to no avail; it just won't maintain the setting when I change it.

If I run restore point from prior to the install will it also adjust the registry to that point as well...or do I have to hard reset and spend 2-3 hours reconfiguring and reinstalling everything?
    I ran a restore file from the day before I installed the dst fix. It works fine now. I'm going to live with always leaving the device in my time zone and changing the time by hand as I travel.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I ran a restore file from the day before I installed the dst fix. It works fine now. I'm going to live with always leaving the device in my time zone and changing the time by hand as I travel.
    you seem to be one of the few who have got this working right. i have waited until the last minute ( saturday ) to install. i wanted to see how it worked for others.

it sounds as if it might just be easier to just disable the network time thing and set my clock manually. lol.

what a bummer microsoft/palm.
    what will happen if you don't run dst update when they change the time this coming Sunday?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12