Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Anybody else have this problem? The unit is brand new, but sometimes when I hit the power button nothing happens, and I have to press it twice.
    I get this problem too sometimes. I have never figured it out. I have had 3 wx's and thay all have done it sometime or another. not all the timem but sometimes.

are you using push email? are you always in evdo areas? what programs are you using?
    I have the same problem. Usually mine occurs if I turn it off, and then quickly go to turn it back on, if I've forgotten something. It'll do nothing, then if I press the power button again, it'll light the keyboard w/o the screen and then I'll have to press it one more time off/on to get the whole thing back on.

Once or twice, it got caught like this and prompted a soft reset. I have just come to live with it, and I try not to turn it off and on too quickly, since that's when I have the most problems.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    I get this problem too sometimes. I have never figured it out. I have had 3 wx's and thay all have done it sometime or another. not all the timem but sometimes.

are you using push email? are you always in evdo areas? what programs are you using?
    You had *3* wx's?? Wow. No, I'm not using push email (I have to admit I don't really understand what that is...). Currently, I have these installed:
    SiriusWM5 (but just installed that last night; the problem pre-dated it)
    TCPMP (same as above)
    PdaNet
    MortPlayer
    PHM Registry Editor
    iGuidance
    KeePassPPC
    Sprite Backup
    Magic Butotn
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    I have the same problem. Usually mine occurs if I turn it off, and then quickly go to turn it back on, if I've forgotten something. It'll do nothing, then if I press the power button again, it'll light the keyboard w/o the screen and then I'll have to press it one more time off/on to get the whole thing back on.

Once or twice, it got caught like this and prompted a soft reset. I have just come to live with it, and I try not to turn it off and on too quickly, since that's when I have the most problems.
    That's exactly how it happens on mine. I wonder if a future firmware upgrade will fix this? Wishful thinking?
    I get this too and assume its doing something in the background to cause this. Windows on desktop PCs can sometimes lag when starting up, so it doesn't surprise me that the mobile platform does it too.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    yup...me too....don't know why..but it is irritating...sometimes i end up turning it on and off consecutively because I get impatient.
    I've had the same problem too. And, some times when you turn it off too quick, it seems to turn off the radio too. So by the time it's finally back on (possibly hours or longer has passed) all of a sudden you get a bunch of messages and missed calls and the like.

I hope that gets fixed somehow as well! One can only hope...
    I usually experience this if I try to turn on my wx immediately after receiving an email. I'll push it, nothing will happen, I'll push it again, the keyboard LEDs will flash, then a 3rd push and it'll turn on. Kind of irritating.
    Do all of you experiencing the problem have 3rd party software on your units? Just wondering if this happens completely in stock form.
    I think it's pretty safe to assume it's a hardware lag. It only happens if I try to turn off and on real quick.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Do all of you experiencing the problem have 3rd party software on your units? Just wondering if this happens completely in stock form.
    Do any people actually keep their Treo's completely stock?

I really doubt it has to do with 3rd party apps.
    Yes pretty much so.
    my current line up

Mortscript
    scripts
    Memaid
    Slingmedia
    Reg edit software
    TOMTOM navagation
    I have no problems with my treo whatsoever

Phone Alarm
    PM keylight
    Hidelogo
    MMS hack
    leven time
    my treo had softresets with alot of lag
    lol. no one keeps there treo stock. that's why we bought a treo.

this isn't the iphone. lol
    This is a bug that has affected the Treos for a long time. It's definitely a hardware issue.

The Treo 600,650,700p all have this, some to worse degrees than others (and those are Palm OS).

This bug happens on stock 700wx's

Right now, we just have to live with it.
    Happens on mine as well. If I turn it off and try to quickly turn it on, it will not respond and I have to wait a few seconds.
  17. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Its due to the way the pocket pc is designed to go into sleep mode unlike the smartphone edition. If you have the chance to operate any of the MS smartphones,you'll see what I'm referring to. The smartphones never fall into that sleep mode that the treo does so you'll see that as soon as you power on the screen,its A LOT faster to wake up. Recently I've just installed WA2 on my 700wx & am using the Vista theme they have for it. The sound file that came with it plays the new sound effects even when the screen is fully off but the program never really allows it to fall into that deep sleep mode that it normally does to enable it to continuously play the tones periodically so when I power it on its almost instant. Also,you can attribute this to the reason we cant have WMP play while the screen is completely turned off. From what I understand,this also drains your battery a lot faster as well when it falls into that deep sleep mode & thats why the MS SPedition normally has longer battery life because when we power it back on,it actually has to wake up out of hibernate mode as oppsed to just dimming. Even when I receive push email,if my treo is completely in sleep mode (meaning I hit the end key to power off the screen) I will hear the audio notification but the screen won't power on. However Incoming Sms does power on the screen. Don't know if I'm the only one to experience the email issue but I've had the W & now the WX & both behave the same in that regard.
    Last edited by Ya Boi D; 02/15/2007 at 01:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Do any people actually keep their Treo's completely stock?

I really doubt it has to do with 3rd party apps.
    Mine IS bone stock. I have zero issues. Runs smoother, faster and bug free this way. Not against modifying it just learned in the past from other PDA phones that the more crap that's on it the more crappy it runs.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    if you are gonna run stock, what's the point of buying a Treo IMO?
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanlee View Post
    if you are gonna run stock, what's the point of buying a Treo IMO?
    I'm in outside sales/marketing for the largest auto parts remanufacturing company in the World. Have a company car, laptop, etc. and travel all day everyday. I use it to get Corporate email through GoodLink and multi-tasking of course. I need the phone so I don't have to use my laptop every hour. I have territory that generates several millions of dollars so I need to be accessible to my customers (email, texts, calls). The Treo does that for me.

Yes it's fun to add stuff to it but I've been burned in the past with all that 3rd party software before. This phone goes down, I go down.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast