Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I like my Treo but this is the first phone where I have to go looking to see if I missed a call or if a voice mail came in.

Any other phone and the green light would blick red or a beep would emit every 3 minutes until I checked the phone.

With the treo, it juct hums along it's merry old way until you turn on the dispaly and see if there was any notifications. Have I missed a setting or something?

If I forgot the phone in the car, I have no quick way of telling if a call came in unless I turn on the display and look.

TIA
    Yes. There are a few ways you can implement this.

Hannip made a few different versions for MortScript to do this. Check this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132525
    and
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=134997

A reghack
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...67&postcount=6

Also, Phonealarm has this ability.
    http://www.pocketmax.net/phoneAlarm.html
    Last edited by kaiguy; 02/13/2007 at 08:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Phone alarm does use LEDs for notifications, but it does not use the red LED at all.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $are$ $no$ $utilities$ $out$ $there$ $that$ $make$ $use$ $the$ $red$ $LED$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Yes. There are a few ways you can implement this.

Also, Phonealarm has this ability.
    http://www.pocketmax.net/phoneAlarm.html

I used to use PhoneAlarm on my PPC-6600 and I really liked the program. I just checked their web site and nothing I could find references the use of the blinking green light for notifications. Do you know for sure - 100%?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I use PhoneAlarm on my wx, and yes - it does use the LED (green only) for notifications.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    I use PhoneAlarm on my wx, and yes - it does use the LED (green only) for notifications.
    How does it use the green only LED? Does it go from green to green to notify you <grin>

All kidding aside, does it go frm green to red?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    The only time I see the red LED on a wx is when it is charging. I think (I stress think) that it might go red when the battery is close to being dead.

So to answer your question, the LED only blinks green.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The LED blinks green anyway to let you know you have connection to the phone network. I don't see what PhoneAlarm will do to resolve my plight. Does it make the green light blink faster than it does out of the box?

I just don't want to lay out cash for phone alarm to find out it is not going to solve my problem. Just to redefine what I am after, if I leave my phone on the car seat, when I come back I don't want to have to turn the display on to see if I have a voice message, e-mail or missed call. I would like the green light to do something to tell me that - either turn red or flash faster, or something.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by r042wal View Post
    The LED blinks green anyway to let you know you have connection to the phone network.

Thanks
    The 700wx should not blink to let you know you have a connection. The 700p does. Not sure about the 700w.

I can vouch for the Mortscript app. It seems complicated at first but was remarkably easy and I've been running it hitch-free for four months. Plus, the price is right!
    Quote Originally Posted by r042wal View Post
    The LED blinks green anyway to let you know you have connection to the phone network. I don't see what PhoneAlarm will do to resolve my plight. Does it make the green light blink faster than it does out of the box?

I just don't want to lay out cash for phone alarm to find out it is not going to solve my problem. Just to redefine what I am after, if I leave my phone on the car seat, when I come back I don't want to have to turn the display on to see if I have a voice message, e-mail or missed call. I would like the green light to do something to tell me that - either turn red or flash faster, or something.

Thanks
    no cash needs to be spent.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=54

I updated (LED ALERT RINGER MUTE LED OFF) to cab file for easy install a couple days ago.

1)Install (Mortscript Cab file) located in zip
    2)Install (PDACLUBledup Cab file) located in zip
    3)install t(Ringer mute led alert cab file) located in zip
    A shortcut will appear programs menu

When you have ringer on mute led alerts off.When you have ringer on
    led alert will be active for missed calls/voice mail/sms text.

Cheers

Phil C
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/14/2007 at 02:57 PM.
    what some don't understand is that on the attell (canada provider, what ever its called) version the green light flashes for service. unlike the us versions w/wx. I bet r042wal is on the canada version.

what I would like to see is the difference in registers between the cadanian and us versions. maay wouldlike the flashing service lights.

cody
    Very odd on plams part f,sure but it,s kind of good for the US release.
    I'm pretty close to dragging the red led color out of the reg.I will then implement into nled soon
    I started another thread on trying to get the flashing service led to work here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=136891

if we can figure out how this one flashes we could stop the ones that flash (canada version) and get the other to flash. figureing this out would give us control for all users.

we need a canada guy to help us out with a registry dump in the thread above to get started ( hint hint r042wal ).

good luck on your project slingbox.
    The led flash in color are tied into independent drivers tied into radio/alerts/power ac charge.the key is How do you turn that off.It,s located in the speaker phone driver.Cut that brach off the tree/driver
    no led blink is had.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    what some don't understand is that on the attell (canada provider, what ever its called) version the green light flashes for service. unlike the us versions w/wx. I bet r042wal is on the canada version.

what I would like to see is the difference in registers between the cadanian and us versions. maay wouldlike the flashing service lights.

cody

You are correct, I am on Bell Mobility in Ontario Canada. Let me quote you from my Treo User's Guide:

"The indicator light flashes green when your phone is on and you're inside a coverage area. If you are outside a coverage area, the indicator light flashes amber"

If you connect it to the charger it turns red until it is charge, then it is solid green.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driedl View Post
    The 700wx should not blink to let you know you have a connection. The 700p does. Not sure about the 700w.

I can vouch for the Mortscript app. It seems complicated at first but was remarkably easy and I've been running it hitch-free for four months. Plus, the price is right!
    I believe you but I have a reluctance to install anything other than what is essential to me i.e. backup program.

It seems to me (and I may be way off base), but as soon as you start adding software, you are more prone to problems lie freezing and lockups. My father told me to 'keep it simple stupid'

The flashing notification is not that important, but I am surprised that this is the only phone I have come across that does not have some kind of externotification. Also, while I'm whining away, I can't believe MS didn't put a backup program in WM5.

I love the phone. It syncs with my Exchange server and has excellent reception. I don't mind that the dinky little screen sucks the eyeballs right out of my head