Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Pardon me if I have this wrong,

but this sounds simple.....extract the plugin and reg settings, then apply them to the Sprint wx, and it "should" work....Am I assuming right?

Also, what software version number does the VZW Treo 700wx bear? Would it be different than my Sprint wx?
    it may have 1.6 on it. wasn't that what the 750 had on it? someone check the version.
    otherwise adding vc 1.6 on this for $40 would be awesome.

mcvc use to have a free 1 week trial. someone needs to try this.

no trials, but I did find it on pocketgear.com http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=23685

pocketgear will give you your money back with a 30 day return policy.
    Last edited by codyppc; 02/21/2007 at 04:17 PM.
    the 750 has VC1.5 just like the 700wx. VC1.6 has been tried on the 700's and it doesn't fix the bt voice dialing. Since I'm not seeing a lot of differences as far as VC is concerned in the registry I assume the vzw wx has 1.5.
    So I've made 2 passes through the reg compare now and these are the registry differences related to bluetooth.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 02/21/2007 at 05:31 PM. Reason: added more car kit related reg changes
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    So because these reg changes show a media player mobile plugin, does this mean that the core, gsplayer, and others won't work?!? or are those just based on wmp codecs anyway?
    That plugin is simply a remote control API for WMP. It in itself will not cure the a2dp issues. Other music players have their own bt avrcp plugins. I'm not sure if gsplayer has one or not, but PocketMusic and PocketPlayer do.
    So then it is probably just updated drivers as originally thought?
    Now all we need is that ROM dump (just checked the xda ftp site... nothing yet) to really get things started. I'm really tempted to head down to a Verizon store to see if I can find a demo.

Updated: Just called--no wx at the stores near work/home. Bummer.
    That appears to be the case. The only new stuff I see is car kit related other than the typical bta2dpsnd and avrcp drivers. So i guess we take all of the vzw wx drivers, apply the reg changes and hope for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    the 750 has VC1.5 just like the 700wx. VC1.6 has been tried on the 700's and it doesn't fix the bt voice dialing. Since I'm not seeing a lot of differences as far as VC is concerned in the registry I assume the vzw wx has 1.5.

Yea but, since we now know the VZW 700wx supports A2DP (atleast from through mediaPlayer) using plugins and dlls (or driver to be determined), doesn't this give the possiblilty that what Jdoc said (SEE Quote below) may be true? can we get VC 1.6 to a Verizon WX user?

EDIT: THE VZW WX HAS VC 1.5 SAME AS 750 -VERIFIED

Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    I was just thinking about this.. Sorry if it's been discussed before.
    I remember Voice dial over BT would not work with voice command 1.5 on the PPC6700. Once 1.6 was released that was finally possible. Have you people with vzw wx tried it with VC 1.6?
    Last edited by OHSR; 02/21/2007 at 05:40 PM. Reason: EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Now all we need is that ROM dump (just checked the xda ftp site... nothing yet) to really get things started. I'm really tempted to head down to a Verizon store to see if I can find a demo.

Updated: Just called--no wx at the stores near work/home. Bummer.
    If all goes well mine "should" be in tomorrow when I get to my desk 9:00am EST. However last VZW shipment came in 3 days late... However I do know ROBDAM has one... hes is usually on here, I'm surprised he hasn't done this for you yet.
    As soon as we get a2dp working (bt drivers updated) on our sprint WXs, I'll install VC 1.6 and try it. I doubt it will get bt voice dialing working but I'll try anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSR View Post
    Yea but, since we now know the VZW 700wx supports A2DP (atleast from through mediaPlayer) using plugins and dlls (or driver to be determined), doesn't this give the possiblilty that what Jdoc said (SEE Quote below) may be true? can we get VC 1.6 to a Verizon WX user?
    A2dp and bt voice dialing are really unrelated. All evidence in the past has indicated a hardware limitation on the 700 series that is the cause of bt voice dialing not working. Unless Palm changed the hardware just for vzw I have little faith that VC 1.6 will help. I wouldn't spend any money to try it out, but if someone has it you could try it and let us know.
    A2dp and bt voice dialing are really unrelated. All evidence in the past has indicated a hardware limitation on the 700 series that is the cause of bt voice dialing not working. Unless Palm changed the hardware just for vzw I have little faith that VC 1.6 will help. I wouldn't spend any money to try it out, but if someone has it you could try it and let us know.

Actually I was told this was due to the stereo bitrate differences between what can be sent to BT and was can be sent to speaker. if a2dp is working I don't see why and audio to BT shouldn't as well.
    Last edited by OHSR; 02/21/2007 at 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling
    if a VZW 700wx user PM's me....I will let him test my VC 1.6 to see if it works.
    Since it's classified as a 700wx and not some other model, wouldn't any differences in hardware need to be demonstrated by a change in hardware version (i.e. A to B)? Has anyone confirmed that the Verizon 700wx is hardware version A like the Sprint wx's?
    They use different inputs and different bt channels. Voice dialing does not use a2dp channels.
    exact same phones, same processor, different drivers thats all we are looking at the spec sheets for the verizon phone from screenshots from a user have previsouly been posted and there all the same
    I'm out for the night, I hope the dump comes in tonight for you, otherwise I'm looking forward to havbing the WX on my desk tommorow and it will be the second thing I do with it I promise. If it does not come tomorrow I can go to the VZW at the mall they had a WX out last week as a promo for what was comming, I could go borrow it for a few if it is still there. Keeping the fingers crossed, hannip and others here are a good people for putting forth all this effort. Best of luck.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I just got the dump. I am going to try to upload it to the ftp
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I have the VZW Rom dum but am having issues find the ftp site. I put the ftp site in from Hannip's earlier post but nothing seem to come up. Any help?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast