Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I agree with hannip. I don't see it being cost effective to create a variation of the existing 700wx. Its cheaper for Verizon and Palm to just use the existing hardware, flash a modified ROM and change the housing a little. Once Mr. Wizard (aka hannip) gets a chance to look at the rom dump of a Verizon 700wx, I'll bet he can figure out how to port its A2DP goodies to the Sprint 700wx.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    If the verizon 700 wx has a2dp capability, then why can't we get voice dialing via bluetooth? Doesn't a2dp indicate we get pda sound --> audio gateway --> bluetooth? Am I way off on this?
    They use different bt channels from different input sources. Just because a2dp works doesn't imply that bt voilce dialing will work. The fact that vzw's wx doesn't support it pretty much proves it's a hardware limitation imo.
    If this truly is only driver files and registry keys, can this work on the 700w too?
    Its funny how Palm still claims that there isn't any A2DP support for any 700W/WX on there site. Even the new Verizon 700WX
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    This is all great.... but

WHERE IS THE ROM?

Am I gonna have to go to a verizon store and stick my SD card into one myself? Damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    This is all great.... but

WHERE IS THE ROM?

Am I gonna have to go to a verizon store and stick my SD card into one myself? Damn.

hehe, that is the nice thing about grab_it. If your store has a wx you can stick a prepared sd card in it and it will start dumping the rom. Very stealthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by sargeslaughter View Post
    If this truly is only driver files and registry keys, can this work on the 700w too?
    Yes
    Let's not forget we need a reg dump also. If anyone has Resco registry edtior on their vzw wx please export your registry to a reg file, zip it up and upload here.
    700w- lack of memory
    700wx-Add some memory
    700wx A2DP-Reality check
    Palm is lost
    I updated the rom dump instructions with a few more details.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=31
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I updated the rom dump instructions with a few more details.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=31
    And though it is explained over at xda, it should probably be said that you don't want to put the sd card into another Treo before you get the dump file, as it will overwrite it!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    And though it is explained over at xda, it should probably be said that you don't want to put the sd card into another Treo before you get the dump file, as it will overwrite it!
    Just to be clear, what it overwrites is the dump.bin file. It's not going to overwrite your rom or anything. But good point. After you have your dump.bin created you should delete the \Storage Card\2577\autorun.exe file. I've updated the instructions.
    Last edited by hannip; 02/21/2007 at 02:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Hannip,
    Here is the Reg export from the VZW Treo 700wx and I am working on the memory dump right now. Having some issues with the dump but I think I can figure it out. It's the first time I've done it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dimitri....Thanks
    Looking at this registry profile here are the dlls we may need to replace this sid ef a software issue as the hardware are exactly the same on both sprint and verizon devices

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\BTAGSVC]
    "UnsignedService"=dword:00000000
    "Description"=""
    "DisplayName"=""
    "IsEnabled"=dword:00000001
    "Index"=dword:00000000
    "Prefix"="BAG"
    "Keep"=dword:00000001
    "Order"=dword:00000009
    "Dll"="BTAGSVC.Dll"
    "FriendlyName"="Bluetooth Audio Gateway"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\BTHIDSVC]
    "UnsignedService"=dword:00000000
    "Description"=""
    "DisplayName"=""
    "Dll"="bthidsvc.dll"
    "Prefix"="BHL"
    "Order"=dword:00000009
    "Index"=dword:00000000
    "Keep"=dword:00000001
    "IsEnabled"=dword:00000001
    "FriendlyName"="Bluetooth HID Loader"
    THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT THEY NOTED THE CHANGE! WE NEED THIS GOD DAMN PLUG IN
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\UIPlugins\{7AAC2B28-5DD1-4052-81DD-E17114EE96B6}]
    "FriendlyName"="Windows Media Player Mobile A2DP Plugin"
    "Description"="Integrates Bluetooth A2DP functionality with Windows Media Player Mobile"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway]
    "IgnoreIncoming"=dword:00000000
    "ConnectScoInAlways"=dword:00000000
    "SupportCLI"=dword:00000000
    "BTAGPBModule"="\\Windows\\BthAGPhonebook.dll"
    "NoRoleSwitch"=dword:00000001
    "Capabilities"=dword:02000001
    there are alot more dlls but i think all we need is this plug inn and the loader its all software and its all there we just need some drivers here almost there
    Thanks again Dimitri,

What is interesting is that there are no a2dp settings like most other devices have. Weird.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    So because these reg changes show a media player mobile plugin, does this mean that the core, gsplayer, and others won't work?!? or are those just based on wmp codecs anyway?
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I was just thinking about this.. Sorry if it's been discussed before.
    I remember Voice dial over BT would not work with voice command 1.5 on the PPC6700. Once 1.6 was released that was finally possible. Have you people with vzw wx tried it with VC 1.6?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast