Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    This press release, presumably issued by Palm, indicates Stereo bluetooth. Hopefully the sprint 700wx will be updated as well.

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=27668
    Got my VZ wx today, and fired up my Moto HT820 BT headset. Works great.

(I have to say, though, that big mutha headset does look REALLY dorklike. Ultra Borg.)
    bt voice dialing on it?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    Got my VZ wx today, and fired up my Moto HT820 BT headset. Works great.

(I have to say, though, that big mutha headset does look REALLY dorklike. Ultra Borg.)

Does it have threaded SMS?
    no BT voice dial. No thread SMS. But more memory is oh so sweet!! I have like 10 apps open right now, with 25Mb free RAM. Nice.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Can you post a pic of the phone? I want to see if it's black.
    Quote Originally Posted by mneidin View Post
    This press release, presumably issued by Palm, indicates Stereo bluetooth. Hopefully the sprint 700wx will be updated as well.

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=27668
    Whoa whoa whoa! Are you telling me the verizon 700wx supports stereo over BT!?!?!
    that's what I'm telling you. I really like the controls on the sides of the Moto BT borg thing ear pods - stop/pause music, advance to next/previous song, etc. Cool.

I'll grab a pic a little later, but I did put some clear eGrips on the back, so it's a little misleading.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    that's what I'm telling you. I really like the controls on the sides of the Moto BT borg thing ear pods - stop/pause music, advance to next/previous song, etc. Cool.

I'll grab a pic a little later, but I did put some clear eGrips on the back, so it's a little misleading.
    DAMN! DAMN! DAMN you Sprint! You better roll this out or I will call you daily and eat up your support as much as I can by pretending to be whitney houston trying to set up her 700wx after a week long bender!
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Now we can get to work taking the 700wx drivers/registry entries and getting 'em to work... like I asked earlier, do you think that all the 700w needed was extra memory (and maybe officially signed/created drivers)?

and if Sprint comes out with another 700 model, what will they call it? The 700wxyz?
    LongLivePalm
    Ok, JohnnyMac, will you be the willing participant to help us get a2dp to work on the sprint wx? First thing we will need is a reg dump. Use Resco Registry editor to select the top 4 keys and click and hold and select Export. Upload the file to a post here for our examination.

Then we will want a dump of the rom to get the needed drivers. There is a grab_it tool that can be used to do this.
    Get it from here. (it is also attached below)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=238945

Download grab_it_128_150.exe, rename it to autorun.exe and copy it to a folder called '2577' on an sd card and soft reset. It will dump your rom to a file called dump.bin in the root folder of your storage card that is 128mb in size. Copy this file to your pc, rename it to something like "vzwTreo700wxRom.bin and zip it up.
    Ftp it to ftp.xda-developers.com using USERNAME: xdaupload / PASSWORD: xda.

Note: grab_it will show no visual clue that it is running. You will notice your treo is sluggish until it is done copying the rom which should take just a couple of minutes. When it is done you will hear a low short beep. Once dump.bin is created you should delete the \Storage Card\2577\autorun.exe file so it won't run again or it will overwrite your dump.bin file.

Once we have our hands on this info it won't be long till we have it working on the other wx's out there.

Here is the grab_it exe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 02/21/2007 at 02:35 PM.
    When hannip's involved, it's just a matter of time...
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Agreed... welcome back
    LongLivePalm
    godspeed code warriors!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Hannip, et. al. :

I have a virgin 700wx to offer up. No progs/mods made, so my 1.14v ROM should be fresh. and I have nothing to restore if things get messed up. If you want mine, you' ll have to shoot me grab_it as I'm unable to retreive it form xda.

wr
    Quote Originally Posted by willyrick View Post
    Hannip, et. al. :

I have a virgin 700wx to offer up. No progs/mods made, so my 1.14v ROM should be fresh. and I have nothing to restore if things get messed up. If you want mine, you' ll have to shoot me grab_it as I'm unable to retreive it form xda.

wr
    You probably have to be logged in to see the files... That's my guess why you had troubles. Thanks for helping the cause, willyrick!
    Ok, so from other posts here looks like the Verizon 700WX has A2DP. Good thing I returned my Sprint 700WX before the 30 day return period was up. Is this a hardware thing or something Palm can add to the Sprint WX through a ROM update?
    Quote Originally Posted by willyrick View Post
    Hannip, et. al. :

wr
    Here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Ok, so from other posts here looks like the Verizon 700WX has A2DP. Good thing I returned my Sprint 700WX before the 30 day return period was up. Is this a hardware thing or something Palm can add to the Sprint WX through a ROM update?
    99.9% sure it's just an updated set of bt drivers. I doubt the hardware is different.
    Interesting... would Verizon make Palm throw up an entirely different set of WX's just for that added feature? I mean, after all... Celluar Providers are the real customers but is that cost effective from a selling point?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast