1.    #1  
    I have an old picture file on my Treo. During sync I get an error and offered a link "Resolve item..." The file is not in my Files folder, just on the phone. Try to delete it from the Treo, and I get an error message that there is a "ssharing violation", so it won't do it. Nor will it just put it onto the PC. From the PC side I also get messages to make sure my Treo has enough memory to hold the file. Seems to be a file in Catch-22_Land. How may I clear this? I don't want to keep the file, just get rid of it (and the error message).
    Mike Caldwell
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    reboot the treo and delete the file
  3.    #3  
    That did it. It didn't the first time (and maybe all the times) because it was a movie and had been playing. This time I rebooted, then went right to edit, and it's gone.

Now I'm wondering about some hints I've seen, that when I think I have stopped a program I have really only hidden it, but still running.
    Last edited by oldmike; 02/13/2007 at 02:15 PM.
    Mike Caldwell
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    you should get the HTC close button app that will really close out the application
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmike View Post
    That did it. It didn't the first time (and maybe all the times) because it was a movie and had been playing. This time I rebooted, then went right to edit, and it's gone.

Now I'm wondering about some hints I've seen, that when I think I have stopped a program I have really only hidden it, but still running.
    This has to be your first WM device. Yes, you do not really shut down programs when you "exit". You have to shut them down manually. But on the 750, holding down the OK button brings up running programs so you can close them. Or as the other poster said, there's apps that make the OK button actually close programs.

To the other poster: So HTC has one? Where can it be found? Although I use Wisbar Lite.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    @Phone Diva: Check here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=283658

You have to be logged on to see attachments and d/l them.
    Thanks!

Is it compatible with all WM5 devices? I may use it on everything, LOL!

Oh, looks like some bugs. They reminded me of Magic Button and Smartskey though. You can try those also, OP. They are free from what I remember.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 02/14/2007 at 02:34 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I actually use Dinarsoft's HandySwitcher [mapped to the Ok button] it's not free but works well for switching and closing apps.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    I have MemMaid from them. they're pretty good! But now I wonder if Handy Switcher will interfere with Wisbar Lite? I will probably have to turn off the close app on one or the other.

Haven't tried Wisbar Lite but I used to have Wisbar Advanced 2 and I didn't activate Close button on it, I guess I'm too used to HandySwitcher. I've since uninstalled WA2.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    I use it because their tree format is so much better than WM5's problem of having to go through all the menus just to find something. The full version is too heavy for me, so I stick with Lite.

I used the full version just to skin my Treo :P hehehe I use WM5 NewMenu to open apps.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter